1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Women Trapshooters - How good are they? 1/12/

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Earl4140, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Most of the Senior Savants on this Forum and Trap in General don't seem to have much respect for the Ladies. Let me assure you if we had 15,000 Registered Lady Shooters things would be different. First we would have some Trap Guns designed for the Fair Sex. Second the girls can stand more pain than the boys.

About right now you are probably thinking there is no physical sport/game that women could excel at. Well chaps, there is one and you don't see any males at the Nationals. Earl4140

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

i have always wondered why a company has not sponsored a all female nascar team,and no the point is not winning or losing , its based on selling a product,if i had the money required i would.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Come to Mason Mi. and try to beat Miss Snellenburger.

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

Have you ever heard the name Larkin or Ross? I would be willing to bet that they could beat 90% of the men on this forum.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's one, Earl.

Neil

6. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

otnot: "Have you ever heard the name Larkin or Ross? I would be willing to bet that they could beat 90% of the men on this forum".

I heard that! 90% of the male posters on this site don't own a Trap Gun! Earl

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

There was this American gal named Anne Oakley. I heard she could shoot a bit. Jake

8. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

We have failed to mention the little girl who thrashed ALL the men at a recent satellite. Earl

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kim Rhode comes to mind. I think she can shoot some. I beat her once, true story. (And kinda a joke..) It started to rain; she was goofing off shooting American trap with her skeet gun from the 24 yard line. Her skeet pattern didn't work so well. This was years ago, and her dad had to buy new Perrazi trigger parts for her 20 gauge. Oh, I beat her too!!! By maybe one target, 12 gauge trap gun vs. 20 gauge skeet gun with skeet chokes. Check out her record...she's awesome!!

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

No one has mentioned Debbie Ohye Nielson. She was last years NJ state champ and sure beat me.

Ed Yanchok

11. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I shot with a female junior shooter at the Grand last year that is a super shot. Her name is Kambra Brawner from the San Diego, Calif. area.

Mark my words she will be the next Nora Ross, Debbie Nielson, ect., she has it all.

Tom

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kim Rhode has talent and also was fortunate enough to be able to utilize it at the formative ages.

I hope to see her become one of the all time greats in the future. Bit I don't know if she would go with ATA since much of her history is NSSA.

HM

13. conniejo

conniejo TS Member

Did Kim Rhode ever shoot trap? I see no record of it.

14. tachyon

tachyon Member

Kim Rhode, Gold Medal Olympic Double Trap 1996

Kim Rhode, Bronze Medal Olympic Double Trap 2000

Kim Rhode, Gold Medal Olympic Double Trap 2004

Before 1992, both women and men competed together in trap and skeet olympic events. In 1992, Zhang Shan, a woman from China won the gold in skeet. Women were then banned from olympic trap and skeet. For the 1996 olympics only men were allowed to compete in traditional bunker trap and olympic skeet events. The double trap event for women only was established.

In 2000, women's events in trap and skeet were added to the venue. To make sure that there could not be any score comparisons between men and women the prelims for the women's event was set at 75 targets while the men shoot 125.

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i like women shooters especially the good lookin ones.jackmitch

16. leadvail

leadvail Member

I like watching the good looking ones too. Oh,oh, here comes mine with her TM 1.

Bob

17. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Is this a trick question??? Are you kidding me? All of the girls/women mentioned here PLUS! Lauren Mueller, Rachel Hopkins, Ashley Nau, Kambra Brawner, Jessica Bateman (I believe that was her name at the Autumn), are the ones that come to mind that are JUNIOR girls that can shoot with anyone. What about a young ladies Annie Munson or Stacey Bringleson or a lady named Jennifer Wilburn. I watched Stacey hang with Leo at Missouri last year in a shoot off 300 straight. (sorry, I didn't mention all of you.......anyone on the AA list can pretty much be included here,too! the list goes on)

Great shooters they all are and very special ladies.

Lorna

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Earl,

I don't know what class you're in or what your yardage is, and I don't care if'n your AAA/27/AAA...

you come on up to Anchorage, Alaska, I get to pick the date, and I'll put 4 women on the line with you and bet money that all 4 will beat you over a hundred bird race.

As long as you don't mind a couple of our junior girls beating you, you'll be fine.

That's how good the women shooters are today.

19. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Your missing our own Curvy!!!!! Devi won that nice Krieghoff not too long ago.

Jerbear

20. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Pat Dawsom from massilon Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.