Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Women Trapshooters - How good are they? 1/12/

3K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Hipshot 3 
#1 ·
Most of the Senior Savants on this Forum and Trap in General don't seem to have much respect for the Ladies. Let me assure you if we had 15,000 Registered Lady Shooters things would be different. First we would have some Trap Guns designed for the Fair Sex. Second the girls can stand more pain than the boys.

About right now you are probably thinking there is no physical sport/game that women could excel at. Well chaps, there is one and you don't see any males at the Nationals. Earl4140

#9 ·
Kim Rhode comes to mind. I think she can shoot some. I beat her once, true story. (And kinda a joke..) It started to rain; she was goofing off shooting American trap with her skeet gun from the 24 yard line. Her skeet pattern didn't work so well. This was years ago, and her dad had to buy new Perrazi trigger parts for her 20 gauge. Oh, I beat her too!!! By maybe one target, 12 gauge trap gun vs. 20 gauge skeet gun with skeet chokes. Check out her record...she's awesome!!

#14 ·
Kim Rhode, Gold Medal Olympic Double Trap 1996

Kim Rhode, Bronze Medal Olympic Double Trap 2000

Kim Rhode, Gold Medal Olympic Double Trap 2004

Before 1992, both women and men competed together in trap and skeet olympic events. In 1992, Zhang Shan, a woman from China won the gold in skeet. Women were then banned from olympic trap and skeet. For the 1996 olympics only men were allowed to compete in traditional bunker trap and olympic skeet events. The double trap event for women only was established.

In 2000, women's events in trap and skeet were added to the venue. To make sure that there could not be any score comparisons between men and women the prelims for the women's event was set at 75 targets while the men shoot 125.

#17 ·
Is this a trick question??? Are you kidding me? All of the girls/women mentioned here PLUS! Lauren Mueller, Rachel Hopkins, Ashley Nau, Kambra Brawner, Jessica Bateman (I believe that was her name at the Autumn), are the ones that come to mind that are JUNIOR girls that can shoot with anyone. What about a young ladies Annie Munson or Stacey Bringleson or a lady named Jennifer Wilburn. I watched Stacey hang with Leo at Missouri last year in a shoot off 300 straight. (sorry, I didn't mention all of you.......anyone on the AA list can pretty much be included here,too! the list goes on)

Great shooters they all are and very special ladies.

Lorna

#18 ·
Earl,

I don't know what class you're in or what your yardage is, and I don't care if'n your AAA/27/AAA...

you come on up to Anchorage, Alaska, I get to pick the date, and I'll put 4 women on the line with you and bet money that all 4 will beat you over a hundred bird race.

As long as you don't mind a couple of our junior girls beating you, you'll be fine.

That's how good the women shooters are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.