1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Women Navy SEAL's

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Catpower, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I find it truly amazing that that women are equal but they always have to change the rules so they can qualify

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I'm thinking that thing might not have original equipment.

3. stu42

stu42 Member

I am having a hard time, even with a vivid imagination, thinking about a woman getting thru BUDS without being a real drain on her fellow team members. The same with a Delta unit. Stu

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Women tried to be firefighters here,they just don't have the strength to do what's needed to be able to pick up your partner and carry them to safety..

Women could NEVER be SEALS...

5. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

I do not want to die because I have to worry about a woman.

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I've heard many ridiculous things in my life, but this is the most ridiculous.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Having been in combat (Viet Nam) I can hardly imagine a woman being able to perform many of the field duties that require strength. Endurance and intestinal fortitude and lastly bravery I don't think would be a problem. Passing Rangers or BUDS is unlikely. However, Israeli women have been serving in combat for decades, of course in the desert is a lot different than in the jungle.

blade819

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Why is it that the loonies want to put God's gift to man in a place where she would be raped, sodomized etc.?????? What is the gain????

9. darr

darr Well-Known Member

bigdogtx, the douche bags pushing this don't have an idea about "God's gift to man." They also don't have to worry about putting their lives in the hands of somebody that might be willing but is not physically able to save it. Surviving through a living hell doesn't concern them. Being politically correct is much more important.

Darr

10. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

The last 2/3's of this article is pretty interesting.

After 22 years of active duty I have seen plenty of the effect of women on many types units and it is usually negative. I loved the CSM that made a male soldier put down a female mechanics tool box and ordered her to carry it to the motor pool about 200 yards away. What the male mechanic did in a few minutes took her over 1 hour to complete.

The Army physical fitness test has very different standards for males and females. For example if a 17-21 year old male does 42 push-ups he gets 60 points, the minimum passing score. A female of the same age gets 100 points a maximum score. Two soldiers receiving equal pay for supposedly equal work but one will be commended for an outstanding score while the other will probably be counseled and sent to remedial PT during time he should be off duty.

The Army has been trying to develop a new test that more accurately tests a soldiers readiness for combat for several years. Each time they prepare to implement it they have to postpone it. One of the biggest issues appears to be determining how to score it while appearing to make it equal for men and women. The bottom line is that with equal standards nearly all the men will get a maximum score and most women will get decent or better scores or the men will be challenged with a spread of scores and nearly all women will fail.

Anyone who thinks this new experiment will make our military stronger has drank way too much of the Kool-aid.

11. oz

oz Active Member

Just wait until the muslims (Islamic extremists) start complaining.

12. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

The military brass on tv yesterday all said that this is for "diversity" and not to improve unit strength or integrity. I watched that and couldn't believe what I was hearing. They all said it.

13. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

THEY will LOWER standards!!

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

This is nothing new, and it's the way of the weak-willed. For 3 decades our country has been giving multiple tests for civil service jobs, many of them court ordered. Promotions based on color or gender, not ability, skills or knowledge, and what has it gotten us? Bias, rogue and abusive police officers, city officials willing to violate every cannon, firefighters that can't, and children that won't.

The Liberal way is the wide, well paved road, sliding down to 3rd world Hell. It takes a strong people to make a nation, not a bunch of village idiots living well off the industry of others. The denigration of America is the direct, and obvious result of allowing ourselves to be guided by fools.

We conservatives have been quiet too long, and now our road back is going to be a very difficult up hill battle.

Kip

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When I was on the Fire Dept, we had several woman try out for appointment ... They made it through the paper work (tests) but never came close to making it past the Physical Agility ... They were faced with the same tests males were and to my recollection not one even completed the Agility testing proceedures ... I worked search and rescue and would never of wanted to have to depend on a woman or some men in some of the situations we were subjected to let alone some of the conditions ... The joke was each shift needed a woman to cook, clean, and wash dishes ... The new Fire Station was even built with a females quarters with a complete bathroom and shower that got used by the shift commanders until (if ever) a woman passed the testing and got appointed ... My brothers current girlfriend is a Captain on a Dept, (Passed the test on paper) she works in fire prevention and has never been assigned to a working postion in the Dept, she admittedly couldn't handle it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Baber

Baber TS Member

Please note the recent book called "Warrior Princess". Its about a Transgendered SEAL that after leaving the Navy is undergoing a sex change.

He/She said theta He/She hid his panty hose from the fellow Seals during Training.

UGH...

Tom

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think some of the guys will enjoy having some foxhole love.

18. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

I think that women in a 'league of their own' is okay, with high attainable standards for women.
    It's a known fact that women's center of gravity is different than a man's center of gravity that would effect lifting etc.

If a woman is exceptional and there are some that are and they exceed the standards set for the women's 'league' then I think that these 'exceptional women' should be allowed to test with the men's standards and be assigned accordingly.

I don't think the men's standards should be lowered as each man and woman should be allowed to work to their highest physical and mental capacity if so desired and assigned by their ability to get the job done. IMHO

19. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Damn, Tom,

I could of gone another lifetime without that information.......

Kip

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I always thought there should be special lower standards so blind people could be SEALS. I mean, it's bad enough that blind people have to go through life without being able to see, but now we have to take away their God-given right to be elite warriors too? It just so unfair.

-Gary