1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Women Members At Augusta National?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WS-1, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Yes of No?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yes....

Curt

3. tj303

tj303 Member

If sponsors want to to drop them it is the sponsors decision. If the PGA wants to drop the Masters that is the PGA's decision. Then let the members decide. It is a private club.

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It is a private club, period.

Let the members decide.

5. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

It's a private club,

none of my business

6. porky

porky TS Member

So far the club members have said no. Since it's their club, let them decide. As far as the PGA goes, the Masters isn't really part of the PGA schedule, but it is one of the biggest golf events of the year. If the PGA were to pull out, the Masters would still be held because the Club,sponsors and golfers think think so much of it. So I guess that the club members don't really care what anyone thinks about the ladies membership. It's still an area where political correctness hasn't been able to push it's way in.

7. mbbutler

mbbutler TS Member

Has nothing to do with PGA. MASTERS is NOT a PGA tournament. It is a private invitational event held by a private club.

8. mbbutler

mbbutler TS Member

BTW, I would love to see a Ladies MASTERS held at Augusta National but the club is not open long enough each year to hold multiple tournaments.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Who gives a rat's azz what that self appointed demigod thinks?

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I just can't believe nobody's made a Tiger Woods P_ssy joke yet...

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The world has come a long way. It wasn't so long ago that a woman's place was in the home, rearin' young'uns, cookin' in the kitchen and scrubbin' the toilets. Look what we've got now. Hillary wears pants but doesn't wear make-up. Rosie O'Donnell probably has a bigger shillelagh than mine. Half the girls on tour are dykes.

I've got a reeeeeeally good idea:if women, regardless of their skills in the game of golf, their level of achievement in the corporate boardroom, or their sexual orientation, want to play golf so gawd-dang bad, let them pool their money together, build a championship course in the middle of no-fluken-where, surround the sumbitch with 20 feet of concertina wire, gaurd it with a bullet proof gatehouse and let them live out their days playing with each other.

Who knows? One of these days they might have a place of their own with ancient pines, perfectly manicured azaleas, eighteen greens (each with its own heart and soul) and a clubhouse where the ghosts still whisper in a Scottish lilt.

'Course, what'll probably happen is that they'll argue like wildcats and dogs, pull each other's hair out, and quit payin' the mortgage. Too bad, too. Ellen Degeneres' main squeeze really doesn't LOOK that gay.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Leave the Masters alone.......Women's rights have nothing to do with it.

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

This sounds like another salvo in the Obama sponsored Republicans War on Women.

Romney issued a statement supporting Obama's position that women should be allowed to play and what he should have done was not respond to it, but instead ask if women are any better off now than they were 4 years ago.

This is not an issue.

You might as well ask if women should be allowed to shoot at The Grand.

14. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

My youngest WAS an Obama supporter. She told me last night, "I have been deluged with calls for $$ and support of the Democratic Party. I finally told them I am worse off today than I was 4 years ago." She doesn't play golf and could care less about The Masters. She wants to afford gas to get to work. She has lost take home pay due to insurance premium raises due to the looming cost of Obama Care. We say "come on November!"

15. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Isn't there a womans club we could pick on. I'm p***ed I can't belong.

16. Firewater

Firewater Member

Why? Mike

17. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

"...what he should have done was not respond to it, but instead ask if women are any better off now than they were 4 years ago."
    BINGO...!!! We have a winner. Sadly the fact that Romney chose to pander instead is why we will NOT have a winner in November.
    As to Augusta National, as already pointed out, it's a PRIVATE CLUB. Whom they allow or not allow isn't my business, and I couldn't care less.

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

A resounding NO!!!!!!!!! Augusta National is a VERY exclusive MEN ONLY club. Leave them the hell alone !!

19. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

I LOVE the Masters. It's the greatest sporting event in the world.

As to the post, not only are women not members, none of us is or is ever likely to be, either. Interestingly, there is no public clamor, uproar or demonstration on our behalf for us to be admitted. Nor should there be. If a group of people want to get together and establish a private club, so be it. They have every right and privilege to associate with those of their choosing. Althoguh I'll never be a member or even ever play the course, I have no problem with that. It simply isn't any of my bisuness what they do. And it isn't anyone else's business except club members.

As for becoming a member, according to what I've read, there is not even an application to join. The only way one gets in is when the membership reaches out to you. Although Bill Gates is apparently now "in", for many years he was not, (in spite of his efforts to be invited) and it caused him no small amount of displeasure.

Regarding sponsors pulling out, the Master's has very few companies who sponsor the telecast, not the tournament. In fact , a few years ago when Martha Burk began her diatribe against Augusta National, the club said that's OK, we'll pay for the tournament ourselves. We don't need the sponsor money. A few years later, they let a couple of sponsors back in. (As I recall, the sponsors are/were Cadillac and Travellers Insurance.) Even when they do have sponsors of the telecast, the Chairman of the Club limits how many minutes per hour may be in commercial ... and its much less than in any other sporting event.

As for its involvement with the PGA (and USGA, for that matter) it is related only in that its participants are largely PGA pros and USGA Champions, althoguh there about 25% of the invitees are "International" players, some of whom play mostly the PGA tour, spome of whom play other pro tours. As for the PGA, they do sponsor a tournament the same dates as the Masters for their members who are not invited.

20. gundog

gundog TS Member

You must be crazy! Do you really need to ask that question on this forum with the folks that post on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

woman group at shooters augusta