1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by REDD04, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

Been considering ordering some of these primers but would like your experience with these. Are they a direct replacement for the Win209? If not, where can reloading data be obtained? (I want to keep my gun and body in one piece).

What have your experiences been with them.......
    GOOD, BAD, or UGLY?????????? Thanks in advance.

REDD04

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Do a search! LOTS of info here!

3. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

I have used approx. 1500 so far without any problems in AA hulls but in the Rem. hulls they seem to be a little loose or rather not a real firm seating. Using Fed 209A loading data - no published data to my knowledge. Would not push your PSI limit but the performance is good - seems a little hotter than Win 209.

4. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I have used over 4,000 them now, in win and rem cases, with GD, solo 1000, and e3. No problems yet as far as pressure but I shoot fairly light loads. Mine seem to perform about like a win 209 does.

The only problem I have noticed is that they seem to like a little harder primer strike than rem or win primers. A few I have reloaded have failed to fire on the first strike by some of the older guns at my club that don't hit the primer quite as hard anymore.

Try a few in your gun before you load a bunch up!

Mr. Mark

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

wish someone would sell them here in massachusetts

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Price on these just went up about $20 a sleeve in MI in the last month. It figures. Wholesale went from $73.75 to $92.00 from Williams Shooters Supply As soon a a good deal on something comes up, the price always seems to jump. Suck you in with one price and then wham!

Jeff

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

still better than the 185/5000 sts 168/5000 cci

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.