1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fanugee, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Looking to purchase Wolf primers in the Great Lake region, IL,IN,WI,MI?

2. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Good Luck. We've been trying to locate some for a couple of years now. The word on the street is that when Wolf found out how quickly their 209 primers sold the last time they were on the market, they jacked the price way up. At least that's what Recob's told me. That's why they're not carrying them any more. There are a few sites that advertise them cheap, but they're always sold out. If anyone has a good source for these at the old prices, please post.

3. Agitator

Agitator TS Member

Check with Widener's in Johnson City, Tenn. Wolf 209's are out of stock right now but more coming soon. Advertised @ $20.00 per 1000 (plus hazmat, of course). AND they are great folks to do business with. Been buying from them off & on for about 30 years now, both in person and by mail. You will have to sign up and get a customer #, after that you are 'free to shop'.

4. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Somebody on GunBroker.com in Barre, Vermont has them advertised for $129/5000. Free Ground shipping, but you have to pay the $25 HAZMAT. Ad says can ship up to 8 sleeves all for one HAZMAT fee. WOLF primers are NOT oversize. ....Rick

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Wolf primers are the same size as Winchester 209's. I've been interchanging them for a couple of years now.

Kevin

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I think they are the worst primer made. I lucked out after I bought 10,000 and found someone to trade me. I had problems with them not going off, weak, then strong. Birdtracker

7. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Will check with Recob's on my next visit. I also joined the email list for Wideners.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Luckily, I only bought 1000 to try them.

Every box so far has one or two that will not fire on the first try, but will fire on a second hit.

Now using them up for practice .

9. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

Do a search on the internet for Wolf 209 primers. I found a source last week that was "stuck" with two pallets and was offering them at $130 (apprx) per 5000. Free Hazmat on 20000. I don't remember the name exactly but it was xxSUPPLY or something similar. Phone number was included.

I have used over 30000 and really like them.

Bill

10. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

The Wolf Primers I found are from J & S WHOLESALE. Here is the contact info

JW JONES 209-223-3091 X230

11. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

Do a search on the internet for Wolf 209 primers. I found a source last week that was "stuck" with two pallets and was offering them at $130 (apprx) per 5000. Free Hazmat on 20000. I don't remember the name exactly but it was xxSUPPLY or something similar. Phone number was included.

I have used over 30000 and really like them.

Bill

12. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

The Wolf Primers I found are from J & S WHOLESALE. Here is the contact info

JW JONES 209-223-3091 X230

13. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Has anyone else noticed that these primers don't seem to have any sharp or rough edges? They almost feel slippery and go through my PW 800+ like butter. Just the operation of the machine keeps them flowing smoothly without having to tap the track occasionally like with some of the other primer brands. .....Rick

14. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

I have shot over 30,000 of these with no issues at all. They load smoothly, tapered, similar to the remington. I find them very nice in the steel based Gun Clubs I load for practice, much smoother in both the PW 900 and the Mec 9000 that I use. Takes less force to fully seat them than the other foriegn primers.

They seem to be more consistent for me in "cold" (at least here in Central Florida 20-30 degree Mornings) than the Noble Sport.

Bill

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I think Wolf took over PMC a while back. HMB

16. TNshawn

TNshawn TS Member

Widener's has them in stock now. $21 per 1,000 or $20 per 5,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.