1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rdmiller380, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdmiller380

rdmiller380 TS Member

I have a local vendor that is carrying the Wolf Primers. Below is what was listed for the primer on the web site. These are the same price as Fio and NobelSports. I can pick these up and not have to pay shipping and Hazmat fees.

I am a little concerned that there is no data or comparison specification on this primer. I load a very mild 12 gauge load with Rem gun clubs, 17 grains of Promo, and the pink Claybuster 1oz wad, WIN. 209 primer

Should I buy a 100 and drop my load to 16.2 grains of Promo or stay at 17 grains?

Insert from the Vendor's web site:

W209 WOLF 209 SHOTSHELL PRIMERS $20.50 PER 1000 OR $98.00 PER 5000

Wolf primers look great. They are made in Russia and packaged in 100 rd trays in 1000 sleeves and 5000 cases. They are packed anvil up so no "primer flipping" required. The primers have brass cups with copper plated steel flange like all domestic primers and our tests indicate excellent quality at a lower price than other primers. THEY ALSO HAVE SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T SEEN ON OTHER 209s, The "flash hole" on the primers have a red lacquer seal over them. They just look great and they work even better.

PRICES ARE PLUS SHIPPING AND HAZ. MAT. TAG

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

RDMILLER380

I would just treat them as being as hot or hotter than the Federal 209A or CCI 209M. I don't think your load is even close to being that hot, so the pressures should be reasonable enough to work with for a direct primer substitution. I would chronograph the loads with both primers and see if there is a difference in velocity and consistency. I believe your load might be in the 1150 fps range, since I have used about 17.8 grains with the same components for a little over 1200. You might want to measure the diameter of the primers so you would know if you can load a standard primer in the hulls after loading the Wolf primer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.