1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf brass

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jjv1234, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

Does Wolf brass (if you can call it that) have any value? Can it be reloaded?

I have several hundred spent casings in 7.62 x 39 and was wondering if I am wasting my time by picking them up (other than to avoid littering).

2. Copper46

Copper46 Member

Most Wolf is not Brass anyway

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

You're doing your civic duty as a responsible shooter by not littering.

Sadly, not much more than that....

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

There are some that reload the wolf cases? check out youtube if interested?
    If you are fortunate enough to have a metal recycler/scraper in your normal travels, save it until the bucket is full. last year when metal was at its peak. I got about 5 to 10 bucks for 5g bucket. this year....complete junk cars getting 75/100 ton.

5. 5spd

5spd TS Member

The brass casings are reloadable just like any other case. If its the steel case then drop it into the trash or recyle bin.

6. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

One thing about it you can sweep the ground with a handled magnet and clean it up.

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Take a light and look down in the case. If you see one hole for the primer, and if the case is brass, you can reload. If you see three holes it is berdan primed and reloading is nigh unto impossible. Take a magnet and see if the case is attracted. If so, it is steel and difficult to reload without doing damage to the dies.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

To reload boxer primed steel cases.. First clean and tumble very well.. When they are spotless and you can tumble with a dry white towel and its stays clean..shread some paper towels with a little tri-flo on it.. and tumble for a few minutes so they have a thin layer of tri-flo on them.. Load as usual..Remember to deburr the primer pocket..and remove crimp if you have one. In countries where you can not buy any ammo in a military case size.. You'll quickly learn to reload anything you have.. even the berdan primers..IF you can get the primers. Spotless cases is the key to good die life.. In the past I've loaded countless steel 45 ACP cases without problems.. and a little 8mm Mauser..

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good job on picking up your casings ... I wish more shooters would do that. It seems that when I come upon a shot up dump site (illegal) there are tons of those steel case 7.62x39s and .223s laying around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.