1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf 209 Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jsa3107, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Has anypne tried Wolf 209 primers
    I am not pushing them was just wondering how they work?

2. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

I've shot over 5 thousand. They all went bang. I liked them so much that I bought another 35000 from Recob's. They have now sold out, but maybe they'll get some more in soon.

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Into my second 5,000 and the only thing I had to do was a slight adjustment on my Pacific 366 to set primer a touch deeper on STS shells. But I never went back to old adjustment when I loaded a bunch of AAs.

Use Win data and blast away!

SW

4. lewddt10

lewddt10 TS Member

Hey StonewallRacing,
    Where did you find data saying use as Winchester? Looked all over and could not find any data whatsoever on the Wolf primers. Would like to try some but would like to know how hot they are or what they compare to.

Hey Reelfoot,
    No wonder Recob's is out. You must of bought them all. What are you guys loading with these? I use STS hulls.
    Thanks, Jeff

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I have shot 15,000 of them and am still buying them they work great. I was told they are a little hotter. Bill

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I also have gone through my first 5K with 25K to go. I use them in all the Rem. hulls along with AA's. So far they even work well in the cold weather as I shot them this weekend in 20degree temps. I also have in my reloading notes they are close to Win209's, Can't tell you where I got this info, but if I made note of it, it came from a source I respected.

7. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I was going to buy a case of Winchesters and Jeff Recob told me to save myself about $60.00 and try the Wolfs.

He said to use same data so all I did was changed the primers and kept loading.

And I just keep on loading and shooting and loading and shooting.....

SW

8. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

jsa - do a search - previous discussions on Wolf.

No published loading data - must be a reason for it.

I have loaded approx. 7K without any problems but use Fed 209A data. I have had some AA(red) cases split about an inch, going up from the brass-head - 3 out of 7K.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I to could not find data on wolf, I email them. Response we have no loading data at this time. I did find a foot note on alliant or hodgdon web site load data book....the down load version I thought it mentioned the rio/chedite/wolf primer cross????? I should have stocked up on them when they where 80.00/5K

As far as wolf primers working in the cold, they should they are russian. people nock wolf ammo. It may not be the most accurate ammo. I use a lot of the 7.62x39,45acp,5.56 all goes bang The new ammo with the polymer coating runs very smooth through all my guns.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Common sense evaluation Squibb, good job. HMB

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wolf primers are Russian made. The Russians make good shooting stuff. I believe they are the same as PMC primers who Wolf took over last year. HMB

12. jim nikson

jim nikson TS Member

Have used Wolf primers for about a year winter and summer and have had no failures. Use Winchester loading data with good results.

13. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

These primers are no good do not even try any their bad,terrrible,horribly,just plain junk!!!!!!!!!!1

14. 9800312

9800312 TS Member

The wife has loaded over 20,000 shells with Wolf Primers. She is on her 5th sleeve and will soon need more. She tries to keep plenty on hand as sometimes they are hard to come by. She says they load better through her MEC 9000H than any she has used. They shoot well in all kinds of weather. Seem to be a little hotter than Rem. or Win. Price is up but still better than the others.

15. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

To 4ANDY10: Why do you say they're junk? Do you have misfires, don't feed in your primer feeder well, etc.? I have not purchased any to date nor have seen any up close. I'm just curious. Darrell

16. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

4ANDY10 either hasn't used any or has used them and bought the last supply from Recobs and just doesn't want the rest of us to be able to buy more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.