1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wolf 209 primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jimctrap, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

Anyone useing wolf 209 primers? Are they comparable to winchester 209 or cci
    thanks jim

2. JRW

JRW Member

I am on my 4th box of 5000. I have used them as replacement for win 209's. I have had some light primer hits i think they are harder material. Jerry

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I had the WORST time with Wolf 209s. 20-30% of them would not fire, barely made a dimple when I tried. No issues with any other primers but wolfs. Some people don't have a problem, so my suggestion would be to try a couple hundred before investing in a ton of them (which was the mistake I made, I bought a case of them, luckily I was able to sell them to a friend who didn't mind the occasional hard primer.

4. thunder

thunder Active Member

I've used over 30,000 Wolf primers. they all went bang, chronograph showed very consistent loads.

5. Hemlock

Hemlock Member

I also am on my 4 case. They do seem a little on the hard side, but I've never had a miss fire that was the primer's fault. I would say they are more comparable to Remingtons then Winchesters. Size is fine.

Ken

6. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I have switched back to Wolf 209's from Fiocchi 616's. The Wolf primers go through a PW 800+ like greased lightning, and are slippery feeling to the touch. Just the normal cycling of the machine keeps them feeding smoothly, and I rarely have to tap the track to get the primers moving. Another advantage is that they seem to seat nice and flush even the first time in Remington hulls. The only very minor glitch they have is that 2 or 3 seem to always stick in the plastic carrier trays when you are loading them onto your machine's primer feed tray making you have to poke them out and turn them right side up again before continuing loading. I wish I'd bought about 50,000 of them when they were $79.95/5000 a few years ago! Can still buy them for about $110/5000, but they sell out fast when my vendor gets them in. .....Rick

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've been using Wolf primers for the last 4 years. Probably have put through 80,000 primers between competition, weekend practice and Wednesday night leagues. Not one single mis-fire. I actually like them better than the W209's because they are not as hot. I get more recoil with the W209's than the Wolfs.
    And they are about 1/3 less in price.

8. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

Thanks guys guess i will load a hundred see how they work
    jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.