1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Woe is ALL of Us

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by zelmo96, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

I am an optomist and a realist. Our country is in trouble and a lot of people don't see it. Our future generations are in peril and most of them do not know it either. Our school systems are broken, we paid @ 100k for our sons education through high school because the public schools could not " Cater to a few students" gifted or challenged. So, we worked our asses off and got him a great education. He worked hard and got accepted to a good school. With all I can do for him, he will still end up with around 80K in student loans to pay back. This is the reward we give to the people who work hard and try to make a difference. I am glad he is not a quitter and will do the right thing. I also hope that he may see the coming tragedy and get involved in politics. i try to keep a positive attitude but it is tough nowadays. I just hope we all keep our heads up and keep doing what is right. Sorry for the sermon, I am a little frutrated because with our economy now will ensure that I will be working till I am a SR. Vet and I will not get many oppurtunities to shoot for those sub vet and vet trophies. Good luck to all and God Bless our Service People. Al Baker

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Al,

I'm sure that your comments ring true for a LOT of folks.

I'll be up Sunday. Do you need anything?

Doug

3. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

As a father, You have done the best you can do to raise your son. You have to believe that he will do the right thing in life. The best reward in life is to see that you have done it right. Much better than a trophy.

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Take from the rich and give to the poor. That adage will leave you (middle class) out. Screw em all but 9 - save 6 for pall bears, 2 for road guards and 1 to call cadence. Right Doc?

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I think we all feel what Al is saying. I have a 13 year old that is very bright and should be able to make her way in the future, but it won't be easy.

As bad as it may look, our country has been through many other tough times. There was a civil war that devistated untold numbers of families, there was an influenza epidemic in 1918 and a world war, there was a horrible depression in the 30's out of which came the 'greatest generation' that sacrificed again in a second world war and etc ....

So with that in mind I would think we can survive what is headed our way right now. We certainly won't like it and it won't be easy for our kids but they will probably rise to the challenges. Perhaps we need to focus more with our optimistic eyes and less with our realistic eyes. I have had a relatively easy life thus far but it would be against the historic trend to have it this good for ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.