1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wobble trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Are your scores comparable to regular trap. My average has dropped from a 24 in regular trap to 22 shooting wobble. Is this par. I don't seem to have a problem with any particular bird. Does anyone else find it harder? Jackie B.

2. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

Im curious and still learning, do you hold in the same location for wobble as in reg. trap.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I do Col., though not sure if it's the right thing to do. I don't normally have a hard time with the hard lefts or rights except when they are high risers. Jackie B.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If your wobble is throwing really low grass cutters, a high hold will work against you severely. My hold is right down on the front of the trap house which leaves me with almost no movement upwards for the low birds. Some will argue that a low hold hinders taking the high birds but, in truth, you have 2 and 3 times the time to follow and seek a high thrown wobble bird - no need to rush that shot at all.....Bob Dodd

5. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

I would consider a 22 average pretty much par/good for wobble for the casual participant. You might find the comments at the end of the article at http://www.shootingbunker.com/tyro.htm of interest.

My horizontal hold is the same as ATA, but I hold at the level of the house top to make sure a low target doesn't escape under the barrel. The game is definitely harder than ATA because of the variable heights. It took me a while to learn to drive through the really high targets. I prefer to play the game with two shots so I can shoot chips.

- - Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.