1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wobble trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wahoo, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Which makes are considered the best wobble traps? And if you have had actual experience with them, what is your evaluation?

2. ncbound

ncbound TS Member

We enjoy our Pat Trap here in Massachusetts.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have experience with both SuperStar and Pat Trap, Pat Trap hands down. Jake

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The WOBBLE trap seperates the MEN FROM THE BOYS, I love shooting wobble targets, the harder, faster, the better, w/wide angles, high targets, and ground skimmers and all between.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

We use Beo-Mat here and they work really well as they have mechanical horizontal and vertical articulation rather than hydraulic. Never used the hydraulic so can't make good comparison. Mike

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I prefer the GMV Superstar because the Pats dont function well in the cold here. Other than that the Pats are nice

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Gary, I beg to differ with you on that. Wobble from the 16 is easy. However wobble from the overlaid skeet stations is a little harder in my book. I don't do so well on it as I only average 18 and wondered what your average was with this game? I love this game and recently picked up a 97 to try out. If you ever get down in South Georgia holler at me and we'll go shoot. Jackie B.

8. MOP

MOP Active Member

Wobble from 16 is easy. Full angle (horizontal and vertical) with 70 yd targets from 22 or so is not.

9. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Pats for my choice. I hear there may be a wobble doubles league at Middletown Sportsmans club in the Spring!
    I will definitely be a part of that.
    Rooferbob

10. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Wobble doesn't separate the men from the boys... a Olympic bunker will show you who is really king!

SW

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We shoot a lot of wobble custers from the 27 & 30 yd line at Melba. That can be a challenge

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We too shoot wobble from the overlaid skeet field. Full choke is preferred.

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The question was what machine do you prefer guys ?? We have had the GMV Super Star and we like it very much . Trouble is most of the new shooters at our club like to shoot 16yd targets so thats what we throw . I will try this year to designate certain days to shoot both 16yd on one trap and wobble on the other and get some feedback if that will increase a better or less income on those days . From what we saw in the last few years , wobble took on some new shooters and they liked it . I know I do but we throw whats best for income .

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

At the Dollar hey built a platform next to the 5 stand with 6 stations on the platform app 20 feet high. There are two Pat wobble traps under the platform throwing true pairs of wobble with the springs wound up pretty tight. They call it crazy quail I tried it and am hooked shoot at least 1 round every time I go to the club. I really like the club shoot the club event is 25 singles and then 25 caps with a lewis class on Wed called the gray hairs and yes I qualify. Then I shoot a round of 5 stand and a round of crazy Quail 100 targets and lunch with the gang on the porch a perfect day. I should also mention I shoot 3 different guns a Trap gun then an auto for 5 stand and a o/u with short barrels for crazy quail.

Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best choke forcrazy quail

best wobble trap

consumer wobble trap
wobbler trap