1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wobble trap ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I belong to a league where one of the events is shooting wobble trap from the 20 yd line. My normal SBT shoots 120% high--its almost impossible to hit those low screamers--I can lower my rib to get it to 70% high-- looking for advice.

Phil Berkowitz

2. open choke

open choke TS Member

I don't know much about wobble but there was a shooter saying he was going to away to shoot some wobble trap and said he needed the pattern to be 90/10 and I have read and heard that same number several times before.

The comb will make a more significant change in the pattern than the rib will.

Go to the patterning board with the ammo you will be using for wobble and remove some comb spacers. Just keep track of what your normal is so you can put it back to where it was.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Phil, we shoot all games at our club and 75% of those are on wobble. I shoot a Beretta 303 with a high rib that shoots 110% high. I hold the gun at the edge of the roof of the trap house and have great success on the low birds. You will find that a lot of people will miss those low targets even though they are shooting flat shooting low rib guns. I have managed to break my fair share of low ones ( about 85%) Just hold a very low gun and practice practice practice

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Phil, those targets are still rising, just not as much. Just hold real close to the house and you should be fine.

Jb

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

LOL,reminded me of first time I shot wobble in W.V...Made the mistake of shooting High target first,when I came back to lower tatget I trimmed the edge of the trap house.Fellas told me not to worry about it since in was concrete.Still made me feel kinda dumb though.So I go for lower target first all the time now.I use a Citori Sporting Clay gun at the moment.

OOPs .forgot ,I was shooting double wobbles.,not quite the same problem.

Sorry,didn't mean to high jack thread,but I've heard similiar to what's posted above my post.

Doug H.

6. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Phil,
    Been there with you. I am in a league right now doing the same thing. It just took me a lot of shooting. I now longer have the problem with the flat screamers that used to kick my butt. It does not matter if I am using my Citori XT or my new Blaser. I think it just takes shooting at a lot of those flat suckers until you figure out where to hold on them. I used to get myself worked up worring about when I was going to get one of them. If the target went up I knew I would hit it but those dreaded flat ones ate my lunch. Keep at it you will get the hang of it.

Jim Bradbury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.