1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wobble trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Does anyone shoot wobble trap? The range where I normally shoot has a large shoot scheduled over the weekend. I am thinking of going to another range to try wobble trap. When I inquired as to how busy that field would be , the rangemaster said he could "guarantee" no one would be using it. How come?

2. Jim Sears

Jim Sears TS Member

Big sport up here [Seattle Area]. We call it Continental Trap. The rules are, 52 mph birds--occilating trap from 1.5 meters to very high and the 4 or 5 hole. This puts a hard right about 8 feet outside the #1 post for a straightaway. We have a series of tournaments in the winter with about 30 squads participating. Two shot game. Classed from E thru Master. Jim Sears

3. front242

front242 Member

go shoot it. It's great fun. Wider angles, faster and higher birds. It's probably not busy because there are a lot of trap shooters that focus on singles and are not easily talked into trying anything else. I know a few guys that are afraid of shooting a lower score than they might on the regular trap field. We shoot it at our club and it's become fairly popular. I shoot it quite often.

F242

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Great fun. Just set the Pat Trap on wobble. You don't need to set it up for continental style. One shot per bird witht he standard Pat Trap setting is tough enough... then try it at yardage. Fred

5. dzneff

dzneff Member

Cynergystan,

We shoot a Slider Trap here in AZ. that is - start at 19 yd, slide back 2 yd after each shot ending 1st post on 27 yd. Tnen, reverse on next post - 27 to 19 yd. Extreme fun.

Dennis

6. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Wobble trap can be great practice for those ugly windy days when you don't have a clue where the target is going to go. For even more fun shoot wobble oscillating doubles. Challenging and fun.

7. randy-s

randy-s Member

Wimpys Wobble Trap

3/4 wobble is shot from 12 yards and full is from 16, one shot each target, 100 targets.

Lots of fun, no one has ever ran 100 straight from 12 yards, there have been only 4 perfect scores from 16.

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Well if randy could shoot worth a darn he would have been the first to score 100 straight in 3/4 wobbles. I do believe he has a couple of 99's to his credit.
    Randy is one of a group of talented shooters from el dorado rod and gun club that regularly shoot registered wobbles. It will come as no surprise that the members of that club had a field day at the state shoot this year with no less than 6 perfect 100's and randy and one other shooter went on to finish the 200 straight.
    Wobbles will teach you how to make a controlled move to the target better than shooting trap will ever teach you.
    Try it, you will be addicted. It is a lot of fun.
    As a side note, due to the lack of Olympic bunker facilities around the country, USA shooting has sanctioned the use of wobbles trap as a means of hosting the junior Olympics.

9. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thanks ffwildcat. I am going to take a stab (shot?) at it over the weekend. I may seriously embarass myself, but...if the field is as open and available as I have been assured it will be,no one will be around to witness. Stan Phillips.

10. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Hey bassriver, I was told a Pat Trap with wobble couldn't be set correctly to shoot ATA Registered targets. Is this true?.Thanks, Bill

11. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thanks all.Shot wobble on Saturday. It was great fun and quite a challenge. I especially enjoyed the "unpredictability". I will no doubt pursue it again nad again, etc.Can't help but wonder why it is not more popular than it is.

12. old870

old870 TS Member

To Bill 1949;

Our new PAT Wobble can be set to ATA regs. It's easy to change from regular to wobble, but it does take a few extra minutes to change it back from wobble to standard targets.

Just shot Annies from the wobble last week after a regular shoot - that was a lot of fun. Try it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.