1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wobble Trap Info.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joe scout, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe scout

joe scout Member

Looking for a set of blue prints -- want to build an International Wobble field. NRA, ATA, PITA, Trap manufactures all no help.

TS always the best source of information.

Tks,

Joe

Reno, Nv.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Contact http://www.usashooting.org and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Have you googled it at all? There are many articles and much info out there.

3. mikee

mikee TS Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sresults2.cfm

4. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Try Google under Automatic Ball Trap. I think that this might be closer to what you are wanting. Let us know when your range is done.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.wimpyswobbletrap.com/

6. mikee

mikee TS Member

http://www.constructionwork.com/resources_details_1261automatic_trap_field_layout_with_softfall_danger_zone.html

7. mikee

mikee TS Member

http://www.trapdesigns.com/

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Try the El Dorado Rod and Gun Club, El Dorado, CA. They are really into Wobbles.

JON

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Go to the ISSF website and download the rules for Shotgun. There are three sections... Skeet, Trap and Auto Trap. You want the Auto Trap rules....

TB

10. joe scout

joe scout Member

Thanks to all! I think you've got me heading in the right direction.

Joe Winnicki owner/member Carson Valley Clays, Gardnerville, Nv.

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Joe,

see if you can reach anybody over at El Dorado Rod & Gun Club (see their website for contact info)......they are putting in a new trap and laying our new fields......might be worth a visit.

i see you're in gardnerville, nice little town. el dorado is having another wobbles shoot on sunday, august 12 (part of the qualifying for state championships to be held in october). come on over and join us for the day, you'll see some of the best shooters around and some juniors that will raise an eyebrow too!

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Any of you wobble fans ever shoot a "slider?" That is the most fun I've ever had on a trap field. I tried it last Christmas at the Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club in AZ where my dad shoots. It's a two-shot game starting at 19 yards. As with regular trap there are 5 shots at each post, but you shoot one target each from 19, 21, 23, 25 and 27 yards then move to the next post, shoot from 27, 25, 23, 21, and 19 yards, then move to the next post, shoot from 19, 21 and so on. It's best shot with a human puller instead of voice release for obvious reasons so that the game goes fast. Absolutely a blast!

Jennifer

13. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

yep, sliders are great fun and a nice variation for practice drills. 1 yd or 2 yd sliders, doesn't matter. excellent way to learn how to shoot from back at the fence, the progressive change lets a shooter see the subtle changes and adjustments necessary as you move further back.

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

My only regret is I didn't know about the slider sooner. I shot at my private local club which has a wobble trap, for about six years and had never shot it or heard of it 'till six months ago. It really is a great way to see all the possible target angles and be challenged while having fun. I'd like to see slider competitions. Interestingly, I shot several rounds of trap the day I shot the slider and except for a 25 straight in singles, I shot the best scores with the slider. Probably because there's so much distraction from moving around that there's no time to think or dwell on anything - it's just pure instinct like bird shooting.

Jennifer

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Any of you wobble fans ever shoot a "slider?" That is the most fun I've ever had on a trap field. I tried it last Christmas at the Lake Havasu City Sportsman's Club in AZ where my dad shoots. It's a two-shot game starting at 19 yards. As with regular trap there are 5 shots at each post, but you shoot one target each from 19, 21, 23, 25 and 27 yards then move to the next post, shoot from 27, 25, 23, 21, and 19 yards, then move to the next post, shoot from 19, 21 and so on. It's best shot with a human puller instead of voice release for obvious reasons so that the game goes fast. Absolutely a blast!

Jennifer

16. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

yep, sliders are great fun and a nice variation for practice drills. 1 yd or 2 yd sliders, doesn't matter. excellent way to learn how to shoot from back at the fence, the progressive change lets a shooter see the subtle changes and adjustments necessary as you move further back.

17. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

My only regret is I didn't know about the slider sooner. I shot at my private local club which has a wobble trap, for about six years and had never shot it or heard of it 'till six months ago. It really is a great way to see all the possible target angles and be challenged while having fun. I'd like to see slider competitions. Interestingly, I shot several rounds of trap the day I shot the slider and except for a 25 straight in singles, I shot the best scores with the slider. Probably because there's so much distraction from moving around that there's no time to think or dwell on anything - it's just pure instinct like bird shooting.

Jennifer

18. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

if you are interested in shooting registered wobbles events check into wimpy's wobbles and present the information to your club. great fun. we have a small club in el dorado but the wobbles are serious competition and we have some great shooters.

19. joe scout

joe scout Member

I"ll have to take a ride over to the El Dorado Rod and Gun Club and see their Wobble field, of course I'll bring my gun. We use to have an old Winchester wobble auto trap at the Capitol City Gun Club in Carson City, Nevada but it went legs up. Bob Conover from the El Dorado club was nice enough to e-mail and explain how they were using an exsisting trap field. I told Bob that because we only had one trap field with a single "Pat" Trap and I did'nt want to interfer with our regular trapshooters I needed to build a new and exclusive field for wobble trap only, thus the need for the blue prints.

Thanks to you all,

Joe Winnicki, President of the Nevada State Sporting Clays Association

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

italian wobble bird manufactures

wobble trap field blue prints

wooble trap shooting az