1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wobble trap compared to regular trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Several years ago I shot quite a few rounds of regular trap from the 16 yd line and was averaging 24 but for the last two years we only have wobble trap and I'm averaging 20. I have been getting frustrated with this and wondered if the wobble trap was that much more difficult or if it was just me. What's your opinion. Is it just me? Jackie B.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I think the gun may have something to do with it. My experience is that my flatter shooting gun does me better in wobbles than my unsingle long barreled trap gun.

I am consistantly better at wobbles than at trap. I think wobbles makes me shoot faster and is good practice for trap.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I have a tendency of shooting over the targest thrown on a wobble trap, defenitly keeps things moving

5. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Wobble is a bit harder only because it adds the vertical unknown. Very fun to shoot. I have one and use it now and then as a true wobble when I find myself getting into a "aiming" habit. You just can't aim and shoot wobble so it breaks me of the habit in only a few shells.

6. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Wobble/Continental birds are usually thrown faster because the machines are cranked up. The birds may be going 10-20 mph faster. Also that angles can be set wider for a more challenging game. It's much more difficult to run 25 on a wobble field than regular birds. If you really want some action try wobble doubles. LOL. Bob

7. Smiley

Smiley Member

Wobble trap is good to shoot as you must watch the clay as it has no set height and follow and shoot,make haste slowly.
    Paul

8. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

I like wobble trap. It slows me down because of the added up/down dimension. My scores in regular trap usually improve after a few round of wobble. For me, it's the mental equivalent of swinging three bats in the warmup circle in baseball.

9. missed some

missed some TS Member

the only thing they have in common is the target

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Our wobble trap is set up to use the long pins so throws some real sharp angles and is nothing like shooting regular trap to me. The low birds are easy to miss for me since they are going considerably faster than an up bird. We play a game called scrap from an overlaid skeet field and I love it and usually do pretty fair. LOL Jackie B.

11. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Poor Man's Bunker !

Love it, especially with a Lincoln trap.

It stays put until the bird goes, then moves to a new spot to park.

Regular traps on wobble just seem to average out and not give the extreme birds we all know and love !

Grounders you have to shoot under or with a downward brush stroke

FUN

12. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

We have a wobble trap and a regular trap , wobble gets used more than the trap..
    Its fun and frustrating...:)

We shoot a wobble trap protection from the 30 yard line, some interesting shooting there. I should have pics of it, look up Edwardsburg Meat shoot; we are shooting this sunday the 6th of March..

Jake

13. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Try some wobble doubles--talk about a HOOT!!! Also very humbleing!

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I shoot my 870 Comp for wobble...flat shooters work better for this discipline...

15. twotimer

twotimer Member

Jackie, we shoot a spin off called "squabble". We take a voice activated mike and put it in different locations around the trap house-some are actually in front of the house. It is much more difficult than wobble-more like shooting sporting clays. We do it just for a diversion. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

because of the regular trap