1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC HTCC $ Shoot Results 12-30-12

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by pullbangloss, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

My reporting skills are a little rusty, but I'll try to live up to the standards set by Steve, Doug, and Anthony. Here it goes.

Guess I'll start it off by saying WOW! What a great shoot today! We had 36 teams on the 1st event and 31 teams on the 2nd event. Holy $h!t! Shooting wrapped up at 8 pm, HUGE CROWD.

A BIG thank you to Ernie, Carl, the pullers, the kitchen staff, and of course Ray aka "rivers." I think I speak for everyone and say THANK YOU Ray for showing such great generosity to the WMCC shooters and organizing this shoot. These are the types of shoots that remind me of the "old days" back in the 90's. Great people, great turn outs, and lots of fun!

I apologize for not getting the total list of winners so I'll report out on what I know and if anyone cares to share some results please do so.

1st place on the 1st event was Kevin O and Andrew Wild with a 74 beating out Ken Sims / Tom A and Matt K / Curt T in the shootoff. Nice shooting guys!

1st place in the second event was Rick K / Matt K with the lone 72. Nice shooting Dad!

Again, I apologize for not having a total list of winners but feel free to chime in if you know who they are.

And now for some pictures.

Here we have Steve Vv asking Tim S "So shot is going to cost me an arm?" I didn't get the second picture of Tim S telling him "don't forget a leg too!"

[​IMG]

Trevor, Tom, and Dale enjoying the nice warm weather in SW Michigan. I think it got up to 30 degrees today!

[​IMG]

Some shooters enjoying an early protection.

[​IMG]

Breaking targets was a lot easier than trying to find a parking spot! What a crowd!

[​IMG]

A squad of calcutta shooters going at it. Big thanks to some of our new friends who made the long trip from Dundee and Howell. Also had a number of shooters from Albion, IN. Nice seeing everyone!

[​IMG]

Here we have Don Henley Jr. wondering why the hell I'm taking his picture. Thanks to the Edwardsburg shooters for stopping over. Nice to see you guys as well. You too Tall Paul, LOL.

[​IMG]

The winners of the 1st shoot - Kevin O and Andrew Wild. Also in the picture is the winning buyer of the team - Andrew's "Sister" :)

[​IMG]

One of the many rummy games today.

[​IMG]

The man who kept us all in line today, Carl Peters. Thank you for keeping us organized today and helping run the shoot. A wonderful volunteer at HTCC. I think I speak for everyone, THANK YOU CARL!

[​IMG]

One of the greatest trapshooters ever, George Snellenberger. Thank you George for not drawing me in the calcutta, LOL. Kidding.

[​IMG]

We had a number of young guns show up today. Thanks for taking our money.

[​IMG]

This is where my pictures showing the 2nd board are suppose to go. However, they turned out like crap. Again, my reporting skills are rusty. Sorry.

Last but not least, the man who made it all happen - "rivers". Thanks again Ray for all you did to make this shoot a huge success!

[​IMG]

Hope to see everyone at Allegan for the New Years Day shoot. I heard the 1" pork chops will be excellent. Scott E told me if you are unsatisfied with your pork chop Don S. will give you a case of shells at no cost.

Shoot straight,
    Matt Ski

2. Who's next

Who's next Member

Thanks htcc for holding a great shoot I know it takes a lot of work to put it all together. Also a big thanks to Ray. It was nice to see alot of shooters from all round the state. Rick K

3. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Matt

Yes I do have some thing to give out to those who don't like the CHOPS it is a 25lb bag of once fired primers mixed. Or I think I have 25 times fired papers.

Yes it was a great day of shooting the crowd was good to see.

Thank you HOWARD TOWNSHIP and RAY RAY for the shoot and good will that was present all day. WOW

I did not forget the TEAM of helpers that worked hard all day in the cold so we could shoot "GREAT JOB".

See you at ALLEGAN GUN CLUB TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one

Don S.

4. rivers

rivers Member

A Great Big Thanks goes to the HTCC staff and the Shooters for making this event a success!

The theme that I heard throughout the day was, "This reminds us of the Old Times"!

We all got the chance to reminisce with old friends and enjoy good food and trapshooting.

Here are a few pictures I captured throughout the day.

Great rummy games were being played throughout the clubhouse. Here we have Terry H., Big Steve, Bucky and Kevin S.....it looks like Kevin is out of cash Dad(Steve)

[​IMG]

Gary and Bill DG (aka- Double Gun)

[​IMG]

Doc trying to convince Brad to buy Rick Schanz's team......My only question is what is Vern doing in the photo??????????

[​IMG]

A few of the regulars with Tom, Trevor and Bob as well as the old guys Terry Hayes and Ray White. I'm still trying to figure out what Trevor was saying to his Dad.....what ever it was, he doesn't look convinced. We understand Tom.

[​IMG]

Chuck VV & Matt hard at work trying to figure out the first calcutta squads. Thanks goes to Carl Peters for keeping the dynamic duo in line.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure whether Louie K. and Joe B. are stunned with the squad position or the fact that Matt was actually going to be shooting today instead of golfing. A special thanks goes to Ernie's daughter (Camo-Bibs) for running the kitchen all day! You did a great job!

[​IMG]

As expected, Tim S. made Rick S tell everyone that shot was going up...doesn't he look tough backing him up.

[​IMG]

The score sheets from the first calcutta:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p>[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have Big Steve grabbing Quincy and Levina for a photo opportunity. If you want to know about Steve's cast.......lets just say his girlfriend won that battle.........sorry Steve.

[​IMG]

As always I try to close out with a photo that needs caption thoughts. This look came after I asked Don S. how Hook would keep his hands warm during the shoot........go figure.

[​IMG]

rivers

5. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Once again thanks Ray. Great day my son and I enjoyed it.

Don

6. pullbangloss

Chuck.VV...that's funny.

Hook? Who's that? Even I showed up! Must have been a Project Runway marathon on Bravo.

See everyone tomorrow!

Matt Ski

7. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Its nice to be missed.Vary nice shoot.

hook

8. pullbangloss

Hook,

Actually we just wanted to see Gary, lol.

Hope to see ya tomorrow.

Matt Ski

9. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Matt Who ?

10. pullbangloss

Doug who?

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.