1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

WMCC Gun River Calcutta Results 4/22/12 !!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, Programs & Results' started by Cody4gold, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

What to say about Gun River Conservation Club in Plainwell,Michigan today except another great turnout and a job well done even thou it felt like winter was on the return with the wind and all ,it made the targets a challenge for everybody but even so some great scores were turned in in the first Calcutta but first lets talk about lunch , all the ladies and all the volunteers at Gun River that helped with lunch deserve and big Thank You it turned out great once again with tons of baked chicken,mashed potato's & gravy,corn,deviled eggs,coleslaw ,warm rolls right out of the oven and pies to die for, cakes and rolls and to much to name i mean lunch started at 12:00pm and i left at 4pm and guys were still grazing on the food and deserts what a great meal on a chilly day like today ,now lets get to the pictures and some special Thank you's that are in order!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041194.jpg
    A huge Thank You goes out to Midway Chevrolet in Plainwell today for the support in the Club and shooting sports they donated added prizes to the Calcutta for this month and next months shoot and free ice cold water to all the shooters today.
    cody4gold_2010_28041195.jpg
    So if your looking for a new Car or Truck or just need to have your own Chevy checked out by there Goodwrench Mechanics i strongly suggest you stop in and see Craig Mcclaine or any of the Great People from Midway Chevrolet and let them know how much you appreciate there support in the Shooting Sports.
    cody4gold_2010_28041196.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041197.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041198.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041199.jpg
    These are just a small example of whats in store for you at Midway ,my favorite is the 4 door Silverado but i must admit the Camaro turned alot of heads so head on down to there and pick one out for yourself , and be sure to tell them Thank You from all of us for the support and a added note to Thank Craig for his help with Dave and Steve at the club for getting the WMCC back at Gun River ,now lets see some pics from the crowd before i get to the first calcutta board..
    cody4gold_2010_28041200.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041201.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041202.jpg
    As you can see lots of shooters turned out today to have a great day of shooting .
    cody4gold_2010_28041203.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041204.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041205.jpg
    And full squads and a packed clubhouse goes to show you what a great following the WMCC has and how glad we are to have Gun River back in the rotation..now let see the board from the first Calcutta ..
    cody4gold_2010_28041206.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041207.jpg
    Today we had 24 teams for 5squads and in the end we had 2 teams tied at 49 and Ken Sims & Dan Johnson and Scott Essenberg and Steve Van Vels splitting for first great shooting guys,then we had 7 teams tied at 48 and it got down to 2 teams that split Perry Moore and George Coffee and Chuck E . and Louie K. split and 3rd was 2 teams tied and Dan VH and Roy taking the shootoff and 4th was 3 teams tied and Gary G and Randy Hook taking the shootoff and fifth went to Mike Bork and Jack Patton winning there shootoff Great shooting by everyone in this wind today targets were tough i know i even shot a couple protection and let me tell you it was a challenge,now a few more pics before i end this and hopefully Steve or someone will have the results from the second calcutta..
    cody4gold_2010_28041208.jpg
    It was great to see Ed Noteboom out today shooting but he wasnt the star today his wife was for jumping in and helping run the scores sheets and take the money and keep things running great today ,now if im wrong Ed be sure to correct me but i think her name is Deb ,so Thank You Deb it was a great help!!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041209.jpg
    And here we have MR. I dont need or want or am i getting and Stinking Cellphone ,i left the photo a little blurry lets see how many can figure out his true idenity???
    cody4gold_2010_28041210.jpg
    And here we have Steve VV and his nephew Joel VV and to Joel we owe a big Thanks to you and Hayden Essenberg for doing a great job being the Trappers today and sorry you got stuck with Steve as a mentor but i guess he is a fair shot i must admit !!
    cody4gold_2010_28041211.jpg
    And here we have Gary M with that 25 straight strut going on from the first 25 in the Calcutta good shooting Gary im pretty sure no one will check the board and see how you did on your second 25 ..
    cody4gold_2010_28041212.jpg
    And it was good to see Kenny Garcia in town this weekend and stopping by to shoot with us .
    cody4gold_2010_28041213.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041214.jpg
    And a couple of pics of Trapshooting Hall of Famer and Rummy Legend George Snellenberger stopping by today and showing us how its done Thanks George!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041215.jpg
    So now ill end this with another Trapshooting Legend one of the Ski stepbrothers Todd Delp of which all three showed up Todd ,Steve,and B-Rod were all left wondering again Where's Matt......ok ill stop Thanks Again Midway Chevrolet and Gun River Conservation Club for another great shoot!!
  2. xtxt

xtxt Member

Great job on reportind Doug can't tell you how much it means to all of us that shoot WMCC.

A special thanks to Graig McClaine at Midway Chevorlet for their support and all the help they put together for us. Looking forward to next May's shoot with
    added money again.

Missed a few shooters and had some new ones, all in all a great day for shooting.(just a little cold)

Have a good one

Don S.
  3. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Great shoot a big thanks goes out to everybody concerned with the running of the shoot.

A huge thanks goes out to Midway Chevorlet for the friendship they show to the shooting sports.

One more thank you goes out to Gary G.and Roy for putting up with me as a partner.

hook
  4. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

The scoreboard for the 2nd calcutta wii be posted Tuesday. Sorry for the delay. Ed N.
  5. xtxt

xtxt Member

6. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

lostbyone_2010_24023.jpg
    Here are the scores for the second Calcutta. Great shooting for such a windy day. Respectively submitted by Ed and Deb Noteboom.
  7. Who's next

Who's next Member

with a 5th. sunday this month. i'll be able to shoot the 2nd. and 4th. sundays untill another 5th. sunday comes up so i and matt will be at gun river next month (remington too]
  8. Who's next

Who's next Member

it looks like todd will be asking louie to shoot with him on sunday. who knows louie may just say yes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.