1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Gun River Calcutta Results 3/25/12 !!!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Cody4gold, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Today was a Great Day for Gun River Conservation Club's return to the WMCC Calcutta Circuit the weather was Beautiful and the turnout was Awesome ,lots of shooters showed up today to enjoy the day of shooting and to support the club and have a great lunch today with Lasagna ,fresh salad ,garlic bread , fried chicken ,chips and fresh homemade salsa and to many cakes and pies to mention ,there is nothing more trapshooters love is good targets and a good lunch and time spent with friends , A Special Thanks goes out to Dave Mc ,Steve Van Vels for all there hard work getting the club ready for today and Thank you to Joey Kiss and Hayden Essenberg for traveling over to the club to make sure everything ran smooth and moving along , And im sorry i didnt get to meet all the volunteers responsible for the great lunch but Thank you from all of us , I talked with Dave Mc personally and he wanted me to pass along his THANKS for all the shooters that showed up and made it such a good turnout ...now lets see a few pics before the first Calcuuta board...
    cody4gold_2010_28041114.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041115.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041116.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041117.jpg
    As you can see by the pics a great turnout and everyone enjoying themselves
    cody4gold_2010_28041118.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041119.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041120.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041121.jpg
    Everywhere i looked today there was people relaxing and having fun and by the looks of the parking lot you can judge for yourself what kind of turnout it was ..
    cody4gold_2010_28041122.jpg
    Here we have Randy Hook and his good buddy Matt Ski's reaction to my question what he thinks of Randy as you can see he's showing me his speechless gesture like what can i say about my buddy....
    cody4gold_2010_28041123.jpg
    And here we have Ed Noteboom ,Craig McClaine and Don Stevens and just the looks on there faces lets us know if there having a good time ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041124.jpg
    And here we have Tic N Tac ...A.K.A Anthony Seekman and Perry Moore hanging out between rounds enjoying the great weather now lets see the board from the first calcutta
    cody4gold_2010_28041125.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041126.jpg
    Today we had 26 teams in the first Calcutta with 21 teams in the shootoffs as scores were very tight today we had 2 perfect scores of 50 today Steve VV and Dan VH and Matt Ski and Vern Beasly and they split the win 2nd we had 2 teams tied that also split Todd Delp and Ron N and Ron R and Doc ,3rd we had 4 teams tied at 48 the shootoff got down to 2 teams that split Tim Schanz and Jack Patton and Ken Sims and Claude and 4the we had 8 teams tied at 47 and that shoot got down to 2 teams that split Clayton M and Lou and Larry T and Scott E. and 5th place 4 teams tied with Kevin B and K L taking the win,good shooting everyone and thanks again for showing up and supporting the club ,now a few more pics from today before i end this and hopefully someone can add the results from the second calcutta....
    cody4gold_2010_28041127.jpg
    As you can see standing room only in the clubhouse with everyone enjoying there lunch today ....
    cody4gold_2010_28041128.jpg
    And here we owe thanks to Steve VV and Matt Ski for running the auction for us Good Job guys!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041129.jpg
    And here we have Dave Mc . still going non stop today collecting tips for the Trapper
    cody4gold_2010_28041130.jpg
    and here we have Trap legends Todd Delp and Jack Patton enjoying the sunshine and the great shooting today now a few random ones ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041131.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041132.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041133.jpg
    And heres where i asked how Todd was shooting today im not sure what he ment by this response...
    cody4gold_2010_28041134.jpg
    And here is where Matt Ski wanted me to give a shout out to his Daddy Rick Thanking him for working today so he could go and play today .......

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Doug,

Guess what I forgot? Apologies for forgetting to take a pic of the second board. I can report we had four squads. One 50, Todd and Zack. 49's I'm unsure of but I think Larry and Anthony may have won the shoot off (little help here from someone). After WC and Scott E dumped the last target for a 48 they then proceeded to kick Dan J's and Matt Ski's butts in the shoot off. Nice shooting guys. Need a little help on the 47's.

Overall great day! Nice job to the Gun River crew. A few hiccups along the way but I'm sure they'll get worked out as we have more shoots. Thanks also to Joey and Hayden for coming out to pull. As always, great job!

And a special atta boy to the one, the only, Steve VV. Good job today buddy! I think I heard someone say that's the first time they have ever seen you work! Lol. Nice job Steve!

Great reporting Doug! Always a joy to see your reports.

Till next time...

Matt Ski

3. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

Good job Doug
    A big good job to all who made this shoot happen it went great I must have been playing cards through the hiccups didn't notice!
    My first time at gun river it is a beautiful trap club!
    Awesome job to the trap help !
    Targets looked great!
    And weather wow near perfect!
    If you left gun river hungry well that's your own fault lots of food to choose from!!
    Thx again Vern Billings

4. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Great job Gun River on all the work Steve and Dave put in paid off, nothing but an awesome shoot.

Steve I see that withdrawals from playing cards didn't have an effect on your shooting. lol You worked hard and deserve all the kudos you get for a great job.

Everything that has been said and double Gun River.

Have a good one

Don S.

5. SteveHayboer

SteveHayboer Member

Congrats to Gun River on a successful day on the WMCC. I hope the success continues. It was great to see so many shooters and the weather was great!

It was warm but Don still wore his 800 gram "spring shoes."

stevehayboer_2011_100322.jpg

Bob R liked Don's shoes:

stevehayboer_2011_100323.jpg

...Jim liked them too:

stevehayboer_2011_100324.jpg

Not everyone was happy that Matt went shooting this weekend:

stevehayboer_2011_100325.jpg

Tim brought his mascot again:

stevehayboer_2011_100326.jpg

Steve VV brought a new shooter to the club. Good work Steve, getting new shooters involved is what it is all about. However, Im not sure how well this person fit in with the WMCC crowd.

stevehayboer_2011_100327.jpg

Thanks again Gun River.

Safe shooting,

Hayboer

6. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

Hayboer that is some funny shit right there!! Vern

7. SteveHayboer

SteveHayboer Member

DT,

I like to post right after you do. It helps me stay in the shadows.

Signed,

Hayboer

AKA: Steve VV

LOL

8. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Saw George at Williams county Sunday. said he had 3 stents on tuesday put in and was felling good and he looked good . No shooting for awhile.Jackie was tearing the targets up.

Mark & Jason

9. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Mark

Thanks for the news about George I know we all are glad he's looking good and on the recovery road.

On my shoes that a have been Hayboed into wearing or Steve'd

I like the new black ones they make me much taller the red ones make my butt look big.

Have a good one

Don S.

10. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

You were Hayboered at conception.

Don you never looked better.I like the black so much better than the red you are so sexy.

hook

11. plinker611

plinker611 Member

steve,you have never seen my legs with red heels,i would take the trophy,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.