1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Gun River 3-27 results w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Well it was cold and windy today. Good news is we stayed dry and the sun was shinning all day. Had a pretty good turnout. 11 teams on the 1st event and 10 teams on the 2nd event.

Got a chance to see "To The Top" Ed today and it was a pleasure seeing him back. Thanks go out to everyone who helped make today enjoyable for all us WMCC'ers.

I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the 1st event board. I was caught up in a hot rummy game and forgot Cody4Gold was absent. Rick and Tim gave a reason as to why he wasn't there but I won't repeat it, lol.

As for the 1st event the great TDGoose drew fellow Michigan State team member Ken Sims. Everyone said "There goes the jackpot." We even had a local news crew show up to film the epic team and their quest towards perfection. Well....the bad news is the epic team went down in a blaze of glory. Ron and I tied them and Ron laid a can of whoop a$$ down in the shootoff. Now who's going home with the whooped a$$????

As for the second event tdgoose again drew another Michigan State and WMCC Hall of Famer in Perry. The chants started again, "There goes the jackpot." After leaving the news crew turned around on 131 and came back to again film the great tdgoose and his pursuit of yet another jackpot broke. Well.....even the great Perry M. couldn't carry a load like the goose. The bubble bursted, the cards came falling down, basically the boat sunk. Needless to say tdgoose aka "The Mighty Casey" went home sore in the rear end. Thank god someone gave him one of those blowup donuts to sit on for the trip back.

Okay, I think I've got even for some previous comments made by the goose.

Again for the 2nd event, I had the pleasure of drawing DoubleTrouble aka Steve VV. The news crew had already left disapointed or else I would say you could watch us breaking the jackpot tonight on channel 8, oh well. We managed to keep our posure and collect the jackpot after 50 straight. Great shooting Steve!

The Young Gun and Tim Schanz shot excellent and ended up with a 46 for 2nd place outright.

Perry managed to carry the goose in the second one for a third place finish.

That's about it on the reporting. Now a few pictures to share with everyone.

pullbangloss_2008_0303171.jpg

Here we have Steve and Doc shooting a protection early on. I had the camera set up on black and white by mistake.

pullbangloss_2008_0303172.jpg

Another black and white picture showing an early protection. Looks like a bunch of All Americans at the 1959 Grand. (With the exception of Hook)

pullbangloss_2008_0303173.jpg

"If you don't give me a hamburger I'm going to hump your pillow when your not looking."

pullbangloss_2008_0303174.jpg

"Ha ha ha ha, you think I'm kidding!"

pullbangloss_2008_0303175.jpg

Bob R. enjoying the latest issue of Trapshooting USA. "Glasses can be made with presciption" Bob reads. Bob thinks to himself "Well you don't say..."

pullbangloss_2008_0303176.jpg

Anthony had a good day today. A 2nd and 3rd place finish. Here I catch him sticking a $20 in his wallet before Zeek see's it. I asked Anthony what his secret was today. He responded, "Power Ranger Under Armour!" Nice shooting today kid!

pullbangloss_2008_0303177.jpg

Steve tells Ken, "Yes I really shot well on the 2nd event. That one target Matt missed I completely turned inside out! It was like I shot a charcoal brick!" Ken asks "How did you shoot your own?" Steve replies "Got to go, see ya next week."

Jack in the background tells Todd, "I think if I move my comb over 1/2 millimeter and adjust the pad up 3/16 I should be there!" Todd replies "Ok."

pullbangloss_2008_0303178.jpg

And here we have the big board for the 2nd event.

Next week we welcome Bloomingdale to the WMCC. By the sounds of the chit chat today the turnout will be a good one! Edwardsburg will also be having their annual ham shoot. And for those of you crazy guys, Lake Erie should be cleaned up in case you want to do some fishing! Until then....

Matt Ski

2. pullbangloss

Steve,

After you decided to break up your spread to let me win in the rummy game I figured it was the least I could do.

Matt Ski

3. tdgoose

tdgoose Member

WMCC shooters

Sorry for making the comment of sending MATTY
    home early. I think that made him mad and he
    opend a can of WHOOP A$$ and used it on us today.

Again good SHOOTING Matt & Steve on that
    50 straight for the jackpot.

TD

4. plinker611

plinker611 Member

matt,i wet my pants on the remington pictures,glad i leave my pillow at home,and yes we have 500 lbs of bone in split hams in the freezers for next sunday,and a game plan to keep things moving,we have less than 80 tickets left for the youth benifit,so hope every one that wants to attend has tickets,if not there may be a few left next weekend,hope to see you guys there,and mike if your coming down can we borrow your gun rack again???mark.

5. rivers

rivers Member

Matt,

Great shooting!

The B/W pictures adds charector and depth to the scene! (Steve's photography classes are finally paying off!)

I just have one question, "What did you ask Steve before you took this picture?
    rivers_2011_2201.jpg

Ray

6. pullbangloss

Wow two days in a row for the goose! I'll make you a deal, if you don't tell anyone how bad I shot on the first two protections I won't tell them how bad you shot on the second two.

Mark,
    If the fish aren't biting I'll see you Sunday. Not sure where team A.S.S. is going next week.

Regards,
    Matt Ski

7. pullbangloss

Ray,

Before I took the picture I asked Steve, "How many targets has Hook hit in the last two protections?"

8. rivers

rivers Member

Matt,

You and I both know Steve can't count.

That signal is something he learned from riding trains years ago.

If your at a railroad crossing for an extended period of time your bound give the conductor the ol' #1.

Ray

9. rivers

rivers Member

Steve,

How come Matt is the only one that gets that signal?

Ray

10. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Ray

Trust me he is not the only one.

hook

11. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Did everybody read Steve's post he just gave me the finger in print.

hook

12. rivers

rivers Member

Hook,

Steve usually PM's me the middle digit.
    Your must be special to get it through the thread.

Steve, Your a factory second.(.!..)(AKA TMF)

Ray

13. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Hook i belive your right!

Matt-your too kind in your story. Perry

14. pullbangloss

Perry,
    We all know it wasn't your fault. You got to have help from your partner and Todd was unable to do that for you. It's okay.

Ray,
    I'm going to give you a scenario that happened at the rummy game today. You tell me who you think did it.

1) Rummy player one has three cards left. A 3 of hearts, 3 of spades, and 3 of diamonds.

2) This player draws a card which is a deuce. He puts the deuce in his hand and discards the 3 of diamonds hitting the person next to him for a gut shot that puts him out.

3) The rummy player says well at least I got low. Then once everyone tells him he could have went out he says he was rushed.

I'll give you a hint, who on the WMCC could pass as Elmans son?

Matt Ski

15. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

So question - how was somebody holding the 3 of diamonds as his 3 in hand and somebody else discarded the 3 of diamonds? Sounds like the whole game was shady from an outsiders point of view and I don't even play rummy??

16. pullbangloss

Cindy,

Same person holding the 3 threes discarded the 3 of diamonds.

Matt Ski

17. rivers

rivers Member

Matt,

Clearly the heated competition made the individual fold-up. (Steve should think about reading Hook's book "Surviving in Total Darkness") (On sale right next to Gary's book "Caught in the Champions Shadow)

Sometimes I wonder what kind of song is playing in Steve's head. Maybe it goes Daa-Doot-Daa-Doot. Not sure.

Ray

18. Who's next

Who's next Member

i can't believe people get up so early just to bash steve you should at least wait till noon

19. rivers

rivers Member

Who's next,

Just join in!

Ray

20. pullbangloss

Steve,

I only pick on you because I like you. Why do you think I never pick on the old man?

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dootdaa