1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Fennville Calcutta Results 7/8/12 !!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Cody4gold, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Another great turnout this month at FRGC with the weather cooling off just in time for the shoot and a nice breeze made it for good shooting lots of shooters showed up for the pancake breakfast and later for lunch with 14 protection being shot before the calcutta sign up deadline and lunch was served around 12:30pm with Chicken done on the grill and ham ,baked beans ,mashed potatoes,greenbeans,coleslaw,and rolls and desserts always great meals at Fennville Rod and Gun Club because of all the great people that voulunteer month after month to host such awesome shoots ,now a few pics from today
    [​IMG]
    First of all here we have the Grillmaster W.C. making sure the chicken was done just right which it was, Great job W.C. Thank You !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see full squads with all different ages shooting great to see and in the last photo in this series Randy Hook is summing up the conditions and the weather with a big thumbs up !!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Enough cant be said about the grounds and the trap fields at FRGC it is always well kept and running in top notch and to all the shooters that follow from club to club in the WMCC agree that Fennville Rod and Gun Club is always one of there favorite spots to shoot and when we get new shooters to share in the fun it doesnt take them long to decide to come back and join in and become one of the regulars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Everywhere you looked today there were groups of people sitting around between rounds talking about how great the weather was today and enjoying being outside for a change instead of melting in the heat from the past few days there were guys talking about the chokes they were using and what load they were using now, which gun was best and ,guys were saying they couldnt hit a backup to save there a#% today and others saying they couldnt miss a backup today i even heard one of these groups talking about which Cabbage Patch Dolls they like to collect best (which i wont tell which pic it was HAHA )but all in all what a great day to be shooting ,now the board from the first calcutta
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Today we had 6 squads for 26 teams in the first calcutta with all the 6 places tieing and splitting except one place took there place outright in first at 74 Brian Lester and young shooter Tyler & Ken Sims and Chris Childers split and at 73 was a 3 way split with Rick Schanz and Bob Richmond,Doug Evert and Bill P. & Harry L and Dan M. spliting and 3rd was Rick Ski and George Coffee & Trevor Bouma and Jack Patton splitting in 4th Randy Hook and Chuck Elman & Bryan L. and David Pierson split 5th went to Perry Moore and Dons Stevens and 6th split with Bill and Aaron &Greg Harris and Pat O. good shooting by everyone now a few more pics from the clubhouse and the day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    as you can see lots of people inside grabbing lunch or checking the scores and just having a good time
    [​IMG]
    And of course the infamous rummy game with from left to right Jack Patton ,Ken Sims ,Gary Pierson and Billy Rodriguez
    [​IMG]
    And here we have one of the reasons FRGC has such good turnouts is the Great Jobs that theses 3 people do every month 3 of the best trappers you could ask for from left to right Joey Kiss,Eric Yonkers & Bre Leeuw Thank You from all of us in the WMCC
    [​IMG]
    And thanks goes out to Rick Ski for running the auctions and keeping things moving smoothly !
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of Rick here is where i asked him where Cry Baby A.K.A. Matt Ski was and his reply was Matt Who as he is stuffing his winnings in his pocket from a protection
    [​IMG]
    And here is where i asked Remington if he missed Matt coming today and he told me heck no i get to ride in the front seat of the truck and by the way Matt Who !!!
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Bob W. stopping by watching the shoot Bob's still on the mend from surgey he had but it doesnt stop him stopping out and showing his support to the club ..
    [​IMG]
    And Todd Delp sitting here wondering if only Matt was here i bet i could make him Cry ..
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Mike Bork telling Harry L. i only missed that target by this much honest and Rick Ski in the background just before he broke up laughing ..
    [​IMG]
    And The Barber A.K.A. Gary Metheny giving me the stink eye saying i better not see this pic on trapshooter ,you know me better than that Gary!!
    [​IMG]
    And father and son team Pat O.& Lou O. enjoying the shoot and im sure winning a few protections on the way ..
    [​IMG]
    And Jack Patton with the look on his face how did i ever miss that backup target !!
    [​IMG]
    And just a reminder what the atmosphere is in and around the clubhouse at FRGC just incase you are thinking of stopping by and shooting with us sometime it will put a smile on your face just like these guys from left to right Clayton Marshall,Randy Hook & Rick Schanz
    [​IMG]
    You will also meet Guys like Tom Bouma who can point out his last place score in the calcutta today with a smile on his face thats how you can tell we are all here to just have fun and enjoy our shooting sport ,
    [​IMG]
    ok ill end this with this example Rick Ski is showing us come on out and have a relaxing fun day at the Fennville Rod and Gun Club 2503 49th st Fennville Mi, 49408 you will be glad you did ,and i hope to add the results from the second calcutta soon so in closing Thank you to all the volunteers at FRGC that make it such great shoots !!!

2. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Thank You once again Doug for the great job you do every week, I know lots of people look forward to seeing it.

Awesome job again Team Fennville on Sundays shoot.Always a good time and first class.

Have a good one

Don S.

3. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Thanks for the great reporting Doug! Great job like always!

Thanks to all the shooters and volunteers that participate to make these WMCC Calcuttas something special!

Here are the results from the second calcutta...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to see everyone at the YOUTH SHOOT on July 21st!!

Eric

F.R.G.C Rangemaster!

4. lostandout

lostandout Member

congrats to dan johnson on his first 25 and he did it from the 25 yard line

brian

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Nice report Doug.....as always. Glad you guys didn't pick on the old man too bad.

Nice shooting Dan!

Matt Ski

6. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Dan you owe us a hat Teus. night

Don S.

7. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

You may have left too early Don - we did shoot his hat up - haha!

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.