1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Fennville Calcutta Results 6/12/11 !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cody4gold, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Thanks to Fennville Rod & Gun for hosting another great day of shooting and a great lunch , turnout was lighter than i expected but what a good day to be shooting cool temps and lots of shooters , as always Fennville out did themselves with lunch with Pork Loin on the grill ,2 diff potatos salads ,cole slaw, baked beans, deviled eggs, green bean cassarole , and desserts dont get much better Thanks to Willis, Cindy ,Mick ,Perry,Eric,Joey,Bre and everybody else im forgeting for your hard work , lets get to some random pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see great weather and alot of shooters , now a few from in and around the clubhouse
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see people having a great time and judging by the last pic in this set Chuck E. thought the food was fingering good too...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here we have Perry Moore and Brad Marshall teaching us all how the proper way to carry our Ceasar Guerini's and be Cool..
    [​IMG]
    Here we have a pair of Hull Gulls fighting over Buck R's once fired emptys who can they be oh i know i know its Gary M and Randy Hook ( told you Randy i got you )now lets get to the first board
    [​IMG]
    In first place we had a tie at 48 with Dan VH/Ron R and Steve VV / Tim Schanz and they split and shot off for the buyers with Dan and Ron winning 2nd we had 5 teams tied at 46 with Andy and Bob Richmond winning the shootoff 3 tied for 3rd with Harry and Mick winning that shootoff and 4th we had 4 tied at 44 with Doc and Phil winning that one great shooting everybody sorry i dint get a pic of the winners from the first calcutta now the second board the 50 bird pick
    [​IMG]
    And yes Brad Marshall and Steve VV won it with a perfect score of 50 straight and winning the jug also great shooting guys in second not far behind we had Rick Schanz and Bob Richmond with a 49 and third we had 3 teams tied at 48 with Jack Patton and Ken Sims winning the shootoff for 3rd and 4th place we had 4 teams tied at 47 with Harry and Bill R taking the shootoff and 5th we had 3 teams tied at 46 with Doc and Tim Schanz winning that shootoff the scores couldnt be much closer than that 50/49/48/47/46 good shooting everyone now a couple more random pics to wrap things up

[​IMG]
    Here we had Rachel from Bloomingdale paying a visit and taking pointers on how to run there calcuttas better Thanks for stopping by
    [​IMG]
    Here we have Bill R. waiting his turn in the backdoor shoot and wondering where the heck Matt Ski is with his Ironed out 2 dollars he owes him with Chris from Bloomingdale gun club looking on watching to see how we run the backdoor shoot
    [​IMG]
    And here we have the Winner of the backdoor shoot Steve VV hugging the buyer of the winner of the backdoor shoot Chris , i bet right now Matt is thinking i know that guy i wish i could shoot like him he won everything today both Calcuttas and the backdoor AND he beat Sling Boy at shooting from the hip too
    [​IMG]
    as we sign off for now one last pic here we have Sling Boy AKA Jordan asking Steve can you teach me to shoot from the hip like that ....

2. r_sinkler

r_sinkler TS Member

Thank You fennville Chris and I had a great day today. It was nice getting to watch and ask questions Thank you. Rachel

3. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

4. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

5. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

As always, thank you Doug for the great reporting. Sure appreciate it!

Cindy

6. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

You just have to stop stuttering.

hook

7. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

I seen it before you did the edit.

hook

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Looks like you guys and gals had a great turnout! Congrats to all the winners!

I was unable to attend due to some great walleye fishing! Dale called and said we needed to get some fish for the fish fry and I couldn't say no! Good news...we now have enough. Bad news...it took fishing in 4'+ waves to get them. Report to follow but before that a few observations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you guys Sunday...weather pending of course, lol.

Matt Ski

9. pullbangloss

Well like I said in the previous post, Dale and I had to go get some wally's for the fish fry. Usually we take care of this in the Spring but with this years weather it didn't happen.

Saturday was excellent! Nice weather, little to no waves, and non stop walleye bites! We could only fish one rod at a time. Usually we run 4 but they were biting as fast as we put them out. Finished up with a limit at 10:00am. Fish were not the largest but good eaters. 3 lb range.

Sunday was crazy. As soon as we made the turn out of the ramp I knew we were in trouble. We looked at each other and said "Well, you only live once" and headed into the 3 footers for our 13 mile run. After we arrived at the stomping grounds I proceeded to uncrack my back, relocate my arms in my shoulder joints, and pull my head out of my gut in which it got stuck after landing on a wave from a 5' free fall! It sucked but we managed another limit by 11:00am. Wasn't as rough coming in due to the NW winds but still wasn't pleasant.

So now for some pictures. These were from Saturday. I was unable to take pics Sunday for reasons listed above, lol.

Oh, and let the photo shopping begin!!!!

[​IMG]

An excited "Ranger Dale" with one of the nicer fish of the day! I'm pretty sure I caught this one... Notice the nice 1 foot or less waves in the background!

[​IMG]

Here is Dale bleeding the fish. If your eating dinner or have a weak stomach don't read any further. Ok, you were warned. Basically bleeding the fish is when you take a pair of pruning shears and cut there throats. This bleeds out all of the blood in the fish. The meat is white and will have better flavor. It also makes cleaning the fish a LOT LESS MESSY!

[​IMG]

Finally a some what less graphic look at the catch of the day!

Matt Ski

10. rivers

rivers Member

Helluva job Dale & Matt!

Steve, I see you managed to collect some nice wins.
    Glad to see you back in the mix.

Rivers

11. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

I sure give you guys credit for fighting the waves - would have scared the daylights out of me!

Nice looking catch - glad you perservered!

Cindy

13. pullbangloss

Todd is the greatest...when it comes to all you can eat buffets.

Matt Ski

14. tdgoose

tdgoose Member

Steve

Good shooting last Sunday and thanks for the compliment.

I new when MATTY seen the message about me that he would
    come back with some type of responce.

The only problem for MATTY is that he is right behind me
    when I go through the buffet line a half dozen times.LOL!

TD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.