1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Fennville Calcutta Results 5/13/12 !!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Cody4gold, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Todays weather at Fennville Rod & Gun was nice and sunny with a light breeze making the targets dance a little but was a great shoot with lots of shooters stopping by to eat breakfast and play some games before the calcutta's ,today we had 2 75 birders with one draw and one pick and i think 12 protections shot early in the day by sign up deadline we had 25 teams signed up for the first 75 birder and right on time with the auction being run lunch was served with Chicken breasts done just right on the grill ,potatoes and gravy ,baked beans ,greenbean casserole,deviled eggs and rolls and lots of desserts as always FR&G always goes over the top with there lunches to feed all of us Thank you to everybody who pitched in W.C.,Cindy and Mick Yonkers,Quincy and Lavina Dunlap Brian and Mike E. Perry Moore ,and of course Eric Yonkers ,Bre Leeuw and Joey Kiss for being the best Trapper you can find,now lets see a few pics from today ......
    [​IMG]
    First thing we had to remind Matt Ski he wasnt golfing today he was shooting !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see full squads and great sunny weather adds up to a great day of shooting puts a smile on everyones faces including Big Daddy Rick Ski !!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If i heard it once i heard it twenty times today how nice the weather was and sayings like, I could shoot in weather like this every week and what a great club to do it at !
    [​IMG]
    And another reason FR&GC is a great place to shoot is the good trappers they get like Bre Leeuw here taking charge and making the rounds run smooth Thanks Bre !
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Claire Worthington,Mike Bork,Tim & Rick Schanz enjoying the day and waiting there turn to shoot..now lets get to the first calcutta board ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Today we had 25 teams for 5 full squads with 2 perfect scores of 75 Randy Hook & Ron R. and Bob Richmond & Gary G. and they Split for 1st place great shooting guys and in 2nd we had 1 team at 74 Rick Ski & Mike Bork 3rd was also 1 team at 73 Anthony Seekman & Brian Lester in 4th 2 teams tied and Chris & Louie K. winning the shootoff and in last place ( oh i mean the pick of the board team in 5th place ) Steve VV & Matt Ski with 71 tied with 3 teams and they pulled it off to take 5th ....Good shooting everyone now a few more pics from today and hopefully Eric got a pic of the second board ...
    [​IMG]
    Here is where i told Matt Ski he was picked with his Stepbrother Steve VV ,see how happy they are and the bonding moment as well !!!!
    [​IMG]
    Here is Matt after shooting the first calcutta with Steve watching his Leo Harrison DVD trying to figure out what went wrong and how he got beat by Daddy Rick and Mike Bork ( And Oh Yeah also checking his E HARMONY.COM account seeing if he has any hits yet )
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Rick Ski with his stepsons Todd Delp Billy Rod and new stepson Mike Bork ,I heard Rick inviting Mike to the family 4th of July picnic ,better start shooting better Matt..
    [​IMG]
    And here we have THE THINKER aka Perry Moore ,we can only imagine what he is thinking ( should i shoot the Guerini or the Kreighoff should i wear red or yellow lens do i like peas or carrots best )anyways Thanks Perry for being a big help at the club !!
    [​IMG]
    A big thanks goes out to all three of these guys for running the auctions for us Eric Yonkers ,Perry Moore and Brian Lester ,now lets see some pics from the clubhouse
    [​IMG]
    Here we have Mike Bork saying a little prayer hoping his wife Dawn doesnt see him eating like this ...
    [​IMG]
    And here in the background we have Slingboy A.K.A Jordan Dekker and B-Rod Billy R. and Chris taking a break and watching the auction ..
    [​IMG]
    And the famous Rummy Game that happens every sunday it always draws a crowd !!
    [​IMG]
    And Rick Schanz and his Pick Partner Bob Richmond waiting to see what squad they are shooting on ..
    [​IMG]
    And the peanut gallery from left to right Gary M., Randy Hook, Zeek Seekman ,Don Stevens and Perry Moore relaxing and swapping trapshooting stories or recipes or Knitting techniques or who knows what !!
    [​IMG]
    And a couple father son teams shooting in the second calcutta here Clayton Marshall and Brad Marshall and...
    [​IMG]
    Rick Ski and Matt Ski shooting as a team memories that will live with us forever..
    [​IMG]
    And things we will never forget like getting to shoot with Hall of Famers like George Snellenberger or getting to know great guys like W.C. the WMCC is a great group of people to shoot with ..
    [​IMG]
    And lets not forget Chef Boyardee A.K.A. Anthony Seekman shooting with Brian Lester ..
    [​IMG]
    And good buddies Gary M. & Randy Hook in yet another shootoff for first place ...ok ill end this with one last pic to sum it up
    [​IMG]
    This pic pretty much sums it up another relaxing great day at Fennville Rod & Gun Club Thank You to all the volunteers for putting up with us and offering a Awesome place to shoot ....

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Nice report Doug!

Great job to the Fennville gang! Excellent shoot and a great group of people!

I hope no one posts the scores of the second shoot. If so, Steve....I'm sorry!

Matt Ski

3. sbag

sbag TS Member

Hook good job on smoking the last bird. Doug great pitcure of Matt and Steve's reaction to the news of Obama's stand on gay mariage. Great shoot everybody.

4. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

SBAG i didnt realize you overheard me telling Matt and Steve about obama's stand on gay marriage !!

5. sbag

sbag TS Member

DT, only of your shooting ability. Well except for today.

6. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Thanks Doug for a great report - you just get better with each one.

Also thank you to all of the shooters and people that come and visit. We wouldn't be half as motivated if it wasn't for such a great group of people.

We thank and welcome everybody that comes to our club!

Cindy

7. Who's next

Who's next Member

thanks fennville for a great day shooting and eating. i don't think people know how much it takes to put on a shoot along with all the good food. this club along with the other clubs in the wmcc are the best in the tri state area. thank to all the helpers that make these clubs run so well. i also think that the 75 bird events bring more shooters in for farther away. it's worth the time and gas to get to shoot more birds than the 50 birders. and one more thing for all you shooters that think hook down and out well your wrong HE'S BACK! good shooting hook.

8. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Thanks Rick but I had a lot of help by a guy named sbag couldn't have got there without him.By the way you and the boy put on a mighty fine show good shooting to Rick and mighty Matt.

hook

9. rivers

rivers Member

Looks like another great WMCC shoot!! Great job Fenneville!!

**Who's next & Cantwin............get a room.

rivers

10. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Ray

Rick and I would get a room but Matt said if dad goes he goes.

hook

11. pullbangloss

Hook,

He's all yours. Bring the banana splits...hold the splits, lol.

Good shooting Hook. I know it sucks to draw such a crappy partner and have to carry him. He was at the rummy table bragging himself up. I would double gun him next time!

Matt Ski

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Forgot to thank Tim Schanz, Rick K'ski (sorry can't spell it) and Jordan Dekker for filling in as trappers at the end of the 2nd calcutta so Eric and Bre, trappers, could shoot.

That's what makes this a great group, everybody steps up and pitches in!

Cindy

13. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks to Doug for the great report with all the pictures and captions. Really appreciate your efforts to pass on the results and daily activities onto others who weren't able to make it.

Here are the results from the second calcutta. Sorry for the delay, postponed a bit with vacation plans..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

In the previous thread, I forgot to link to the clubs website for additional photos. The link is now provided in this thread. Thanks to Dan J. for taking the pics and updating the website!!

Also, thanks to all the shooters for making a great day of shooting!

Eric

F.R.G.C. Trapper

15. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

We did not mention a team that put up just as good a show as anybody Bob R and Gary G good shooting guys.

hook

16. pullbangloss

We didn't mention Bob and Gary because we expected a great score.

As for you and Ron, nobody thought you had a chance.

Matt Ski

17. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

I understand.

hook

18. sbag

sbag TS Member

We will just let them keep thinking that. huh Hook. Steve that was all compliment. I hate to say it but Matt's not to shabby Either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
claire worthington trapshooter

not forget sum buddy