1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

WMCC Fennville Calcutta Results 3/11/12 !!!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, Programs & Results' started by Cody4gold, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Today turned out to be a big turnout at Fennville Rodd and Gun with the great weather and lots of sun made for good shooting and tight scores ,today we had 13 protections before the first calcutta and as always lunch was great with chicken hot off the grill ,thats right grilling outside in march ,served with mashed potatoes and gravy 2 different greenbean casseroles rolls and lots of cake , lets see some pics from today..
    cody4gold_2010_28041088.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041090.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041091.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041092.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041093.jpg
    As you can see lots of sunshine makes for lots of shooters for a big turnout at Fennville Rod & Gun Club today ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041094.jpg
    Here we have Bob W. holding up a poster supporting Edwardsburg Youth Trap Team Benifit that there putting on April 14, 2012 be sure to try to help support them ,the young shooters are our future of Keeping our clubs up and running so we have a place to shoot , Thanks Bob
    cody4gold_2010_28041095.jpg
    And here we have Quincy & Lavina Dunlap with the Birthday cake at the club for Quincy & Bernie Brenner ,Bernie's birthday is today the 11th and Quincy's is the 24th Happy Birthday to a couple of great guys and great shooters too !!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041096.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041097.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041098.jpg
    And a few more pics of the turnout and the sunshine now lets get to the first calcutta board...
    cody4gold_2010_28041099.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041100.jpg
    Today scores were tight we had 24 teams and of the 24 teams 20 teams were in shootoffs with 8 teams tied for first with a 48 ,the only team to take a place outright was Rick Schanz and Hank taking 3rd with a 46 good shooting guys then first went to Doc and Jack Patton ,2nd went to Trevor B. and Lou ,4th was Jim M. and Zack M. and Scott E. and Dave splitting and 5th went to Doug E. and Rob ,Good shooting everyone now a few more pics before the second calcutta...
    cody4gold_2010_28041101.jpg
    here we have Tom Bennett and Clayton Marshall walking off the line from the first calcutta tied for first with a 48 and Tom shooting a gun he never shot before pretty good shooting Tom i heard that gun is for sale ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041102.jpg
    And here we have 3 trapshooting Legends Todd Delp , Billy Rod and Steve VV A.K.A Matt Ski's stepbrothers,one of these guys even has a shoot named after him at Mason, but of course Matt was AWOL Again last week it was Hanna Montana Marathon this week it was The Facts of Life Marathon im gonna have to call TBS and see if i can get there schedules changed or we may never see Matt again , i heard he was trying to use the fishing excuse again but EVERYBODY know it was to windy to go out today !!!!!s
    cody4gold_2010_28041103.jpg
    And Thanks to Steve for the dead on accurate impression of Matt but its not the same Buck R and Jack P. need there Rummy Guppy back in the Shark Tank they need his pocket change for gas money ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041104.jpg
    And here we have Gary M. telling John S. how happy he is to have his SKB back and how good he's shooting it ..
    cody4gold_2010_28041105.jpg
    And here we have Randy Hook Skipping back to the clubhouse after being in a shootoff and singing , i'm so happy Gary got the SKB back ..i dont know all the words to the song but it was a sight to see!!
    cody4gold_2010_28041106.jpg
    Gary even got to shoot with the legendary Todd Delp today ...( well lets not go there Right Gary )now lets get to the second calcutta board
    cody4gold_2010_28041107.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041108.jpg
    And in the second calcutta we had 18 teams with 11 teams in shootoffs to take there places and first we had the only team to take there place out right with a 49 Zack Marshall and Buck Roberts good shooting guys and for second we had Rick Schanz again taking a win (take notice Matt shot may be on sale this week with him placing in both calcutta's ) Rick and Perry Moore won the shootoff at the popular score for the day today at 48 and in third we had Gary P. and Scott E. at 47 to win and fourth was Don S. and Steve VV good shooting everyone and Thanks to everybody at Fennville Rod & Gun for putting on another great shoot ..now a couple more pics from around the club and i'll end this
    cody4gold_2010_28041109.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041110.jpg

cody4gold_2010_28041111.jpg
    What a great way to spend a sunday afternoon if you havent stopped by Fennville Rod & Gun before you should great place to shoot , And a special note i heard constuction is going to start on trap field 3 this week so even more reason to stop by and give us a try ...
    cody4gold_2010_28041112.jpg
    And a Thanks goes out to Eric , Perry and Brian for running the auctions for us Good job ...now one last pic to sum everything up
    cody4gold_2010_28041113.jpg
    Here we have Billy Rod demonstrating what were all here to do SMOKE SOME TARGETS !!!!
  2. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Thanks for the awesome post Doug! As usual, great pictures and write-ups as I always get a kick out of the jokes! Thanks for following the circuit around and publishing the events! If only we could get you out to "smoke" some targets!

Thanks to everyone else that helped out to make the calcutta's run smooth! As Doug mentioned, we will be breaking ground on the 3rd trap field this week (weather permitting...which looks like it is!!) which we are all very excited about. The club's board, members and volunteers have worked very hard over the past couple years to allow this to happen. I can't thank the supporting crew enough for their dedication and efforts. Lastly, the shooters can't be thanked enough since nothing would be possible without them.

With that said, 2012 is looking to be off to great start. Thanks to the weather, the Saturdays have been very busy. This past Saturday, over 20 rounds of trap (including games) were pulled and several rounds of skeet. Included in the games was a 20 person 3-guns up!!! If your looking to get some shooting in, come on out and we will be sure you go home with some empty shells! :) The club is open 12-5pm for open shooting and games.

Lastly, for more information, please visit the new website which is updated constantly by Dan Johnson. Would like to thank him for his efforts on creating and updating the webpage. The website is linked above.

Eric

F.R.G.C Rangemaster!
  3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Great report Doug!

Nice impression Steve. I see you and your daddy got to shoot some protections together.

Great job of bringing down Anthony and Gary...Todd!

By the way, zero walleye. Did happen to catch a cold! Wish I could throw it back!

Matt Ski
  4. plinker611

plinker611 Member

thanks eric & bob for the plug on our youth trap benefit,still have plenty of tickets left to sell for a great cause,and a fun evening,we are starting our 4th season with the kids,and coach dave has a great game plan for this year,so far with the nra grants and this being our 3rd benefit,we will have raised 30K for the kids.

looks like the good weather really helps bring out the shooters,we saw quite a few last sunday also,going to have to get away from my second free job(e.c.c.) to come up to shoot,mark
  5. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

Good job Doug !! Great weather! Great scores! Thx for posting this kinda stuff I look forward to it every Sunday! Well Monday to!!
  6. xtxt

xtxt Member

Great job once again Team Fennville its always a good shoot and the weather made us all smile.

Doug it can olny be said awesome pics and reporting Thanks

Matt ahh

Have a good one

Don S.
  7. hmb

hmb Active Member

How much do you get for winning a Calcutta? HMB
  8. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

You get Bragging Rights !!
  9. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member