1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wmcc Calcutta scores at Gun River 4/25/2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lostbyone, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

We had a rainy day in Plainwell for the Calcutta. We had 7 teams for the first Calcutta with scores as follows: 1st place Ken S and Perry M. with a score of 49. 2nd place Don S. and Tim S. with a score of 48. 2nd calcutta scores were: 1st place Clayton and Gary M with a score of 48 and 2nd place Hook and Perry M. with a score of 46. Thanks for a fun time for those brave enough to show up. Ed, Deb and crew.

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Those are some pretty good scores! I see Hook in the winner cirle again! That guys tough to beat. Although I wonder how tired Perry is...

Regards,
    Matt

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Matt, I got great partners for both shoots-and Hook and I finally figured out how to shoot well together-Mc Donalds Ice Cream!! PerryM

4. pullbangloss

Come on Perry...we all know your saying the politically correct thing in not bashing Hook, LOL.

Good shootin' guys.

Matt

5. Flybob71

Flybob71 TS Member

I hate to sound naive, but can someone explain exactly what a calcutta is and how it works!! They don't have alot of them in NJ. Thanks!!

6. Flybob71

Flybob71 TS Member

7. pullbangloss

The WMCC (West Michigan Calcutta Circuit) is a slang term we use here in Michigan for our weekly buddy shoots. Everyone who enters the event is thrown into the hat. Once all entrants are in, partners are drawn. You and your partner compete as a team shooting 25 targets from the 23 yard line and 25 yard line (50 total). Each shooter shoots at 25 targets and backs up the other shooter on the other 25 (if they miss). The reason we call them calcutta's are due to the fact that teams are sold to buyers. Pot is split 50/50.

These calcutta's have seen there ups and downs in West Michigan. Back in the mid 80's early 90's there were pots as high as $2,000 - $3,000. Now we are not there these days but I tell you one thing, we have a blast and a person can pay for some shot and powder if they have a good day.

The shoot's are a great break from registered. They are very shooter friendly, cost effective, and the politics are left at the door. No governing body, no target requirements, and a great time with friends. Not to mention there are some VERY TOUGH shooters out there!

Give them a shot at your club. They are a blast!

Regards,
    Matt

8. Flybob71

Flybob71 TS Member

Thanks! I knew that it was something where people can bet on you or you could bet on yourself. How does a calcutta work with other types of shoots other than the buddy backup you guys do?

9. pullbangloss

I've been to registered shoots with calcutta's. It's the same principle only that you are buying one individual shooter rather than a team.

Usually these calcutta's at the registered shoots pay 4 places, 40%, 30%, 20%, and 10% but the split is usually 60% or even 70% to the buyer and the difference to the shooter. These calcutta's are a way to bring more money into the shoots.

Regards,
    Matt Ski

10. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.