1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Bloomingdale Calcutta Results 8/7/11 !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cody4gold, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Todays turnout at Bloomingdale started out good with lots of protections being shot and some good scores then the rain came and some of our shooters decided to leave and not wait it out which they should of waited it turned out to be a great day after the rain , lunch was again great at the club with Burgers ,potato salad ,macaroni salad,cole slaw , pineapple upside down cake which was awesome,peanut butter cake ,brownies,cookies , no bake cookies ,ice cream and cobbler , thank you everybody at Bloomingdale for working so hard to feed all of us a great meal now lets see a few pics before the first Calcutta Board
    cody4gold_2010_2804471.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804472.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804473.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804474.jpg
    Even with the rain starting peoples spirts were high and they were having a good time
    cody4gold_2010_2804475.jpg
    And here Randy Hook was having such a good time he was showing Tim Schanz some new dance moves he learned, maybe a new victory dance or something
    cody4gold_2010_2804476.jpg
    And here we have Dick Stone keeping a eye out making sure everything is running smooth today this is one guy who works hard so we all can have a great time at Bloomingdale Thanks Dick !
    cody4gold_2010_2804477.jpg
    Another big help at the club is Dixie helping out with the auctions
    cody4gold_2010_2804478.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804479.jpg
    And like ive said before everybody at bloomingdale pitchs in to help us all have a great time here are Chris Voss's grandkids Makinley and Trey helping sweep the water away after the rain, now let get to the first Calcutta board
    cody4gold_2010_2804480.jpg
    After the rain had passed it started to clear and some real good scores were shot with Randy Hook & Ron R shooting the only perfect 50 straight and with 15 teams we had 6 teams in shootoffs with 3 49's and 3 48's the 49 winners split with Harry and Jerry and John B and Bob R and third place went to Dave G and Roger H good shooting everyone
    cody4gold_2010_2804481.jpg
    And here is a pic of the winners with a 50 straight Randy Hook and Ron R good shooting guys , now a few more random pics
    cody4gold_2010_2804482.jpg
    Here have Matt Ski after Todd beat by one bird 25 yrs ago
    cody4gold_2010_2804483.jpg
    And fast forward 25 yrs and this is how Matt does it today
    cody4gold_2010_2804484.jpg
    But Matt's day wasnt all bad he cheered up when he got to have his pic taken with his Coach and Mentor Steve VV ( sorry Steve it didnt show up in the pic )
    cody4gold_2010_2804485.jpg
    And here we have Kevin B with either his game face on or he is saying Doug you better not take that pic !!!
    cody4gold_2010_2804486.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804487.jpg

cody4gold_2010_2804488.jpg
    And a couple pics from in the clubhouse having a good time and good food i'm sorry i didnt get to stay for the results of the second Calcutta hopefully Chris or Rachel can add to this post and fill us in on how it went Thanks Again Bloomingdale and all the volunteers for working so hard so we can have fun ...

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Doug,

Nice job on the reporting (as always). However you missed a few critical story lines.

The first is Hook's K-80 broke. Apparently he installed some Perazzi leaf springs in it. This was the first ever documented break down for a K-80. Might be time for a Perazzi. At least when they break your up and running in 5 minutes. You don't have to put them in the car and get out your back up gun.

Another interesting story deals with Karma. A while back my ole buddy Hook and I missed our 50th target for a nice sized jackpot in Fennville. Everybody gave us some crap and it eventually died off...except for one shooter who seemed to jab us when ever he could...Steve Vv. Well it's payback time.

Today Steve shot with Doc and wouldn't you know Steve broke 24 straight. It came down to the last target. A 50 straight, 1st place, the glory!!! But what happens on the 25th target??? The ole choke bird comes out. LOSS. How do you miss a straight away on your last target? Oh well, the good news is I am only going to razz Steve for 2 years. That's how long he's been razzing me and Hook on our lossed 50th target. After 2 years, a truce.

Great job to the gang at Bloomingdale. Good food, good targets, good people.

See everyone next week for the Fennville Grand!

Matt Ski

3. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Yes agree it was a great shoot Bloomingdale Gun Club and the gang of helpers out did themselves once again. Good job you all make it a welcome place to shoot.

Have a good one

Don S.

4. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Did Hook & Gary have bells on their toes? If so I'm really upset there's no picture....

Cindy

5. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Steve,

Ok, I will be the better man. Its dead.

Okay Hook...GET HIM!

Matt Ski

7. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Steve

Matt and myself are vary glad to have that monkey off are back but in two years that monkey has got a lot heavier but he will fit vary well on your back,and you are a vary big [well for lack of a better word right now we will say man] I know you will carry him with pride.

hook

8. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Cindy

As well as this day went I should wear bells on my toes at every shoot.

Doug tried to get a picture of the bells but as you could see I went tip toeing around him and that is a long way around.

I had a good win and Steve won a vary big monkey.

hook

9. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Dear Randy hmmm i got the pun about the ( long way around Doug ) beware this weekend at Fennville you better be tip toeing around me then also remember my camera batteries are always charged ..... Your Buddy REPORTER Doug

10. CANTWIN

CANTWIN Member

Doug

Remember nobody likes you as much as me.

hook

11. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Randy/Hook,'

All I can say is I'll be watching for those bells this weekend. May even have a few if you forget yours and there'll surely be a pic of that!!

Sounds like a great time was had by all, see ya at Fennville's Grand!!

Again roving reporters, get those camera batteries loaded and please take lots of pics!

Cindy

12. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Have your K or P camera worked on before you show up at Fennivlle.Would hate anyone break down.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.