1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WMCC Allegan Benefit Shoot 12/3/2011 !!!!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Cody4gold, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody4gold

Cody4gold Active Member

Today Allegan Conservation Club Stepped up to the plate today and held a benefit shoot for one of Our Freinds and Fellow shooters Art Oram who has been having some health issues so to help out they had a Raffle and 75 bird pick and a 50 bird calcuttas to help out and all the proceeds going to help Art , I didnt see all the raffle prizes and who won them but there was lots of stuff T&C Prohunter Autographed by Jim Shockey ,Marlin 22 Semi-auto rifle ,turkey fryer,a smoker , Winchester Stools ,Winchester Floor rugs ,Remington Directors Chair , Hand Crafted Longbow ,and im sure much more i didnt see plus door prizes galore with hats and shells and lots of others things ,plus money raffles which most of the winners donated right back to help out , even with the rain it was a huge success with so many shooters showing up to show there support of a friend in need it makes me Proud to say i am a part of a group of people that when the chips are down and theres a friend in need so many of you showed up to help and have fun and show your support !!! And what can i say about the lunch today except it was over the top with Mike Leeuw and Scott Essenburg making there famous pork chops on the grill , you havent had pork chops done right till you have tried them, i never seen so many guys nawing on pork bones like i did today then add augratin potates,green bean cassrole,7 layer salad,rolls,and desserts to many to list here it adds up to another hit for Allegan Gun Club , I,m telling you shooters if your looking for a great place to shoot you need to stop out and join us you wont be sorry you did you will meet lots of new friends and have a great time ,now lets see a few pics from today and pick on a few people before we get to the 75 bird pick calcutta
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even with the rain and cold temps you can see we had a good turnout and lots of shooters having a great time
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Bre Leeuw taking out another round of shooters ,a Special Thanks goes out to Bre Leeuw ,Hayden Essenburg, and Joey Kiss for doing such a great job keeping things running smoothly even in the rain !now a few pics from the clubhouse then lets get to the boards
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see a full clubhouse with lots of smiles and everybody having a great time !now let see the board from the first calcutta ..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Today we had 7 squads with 32 teams shooting with 2 tied at 70 which split the winner were Don Stevens & Doc and Buck Roberts & George Snellenberger good shooting guys and in second one team with the score of 69 Tim Schanz and Mike Bork winning ,third we had 3 teams tied at 68 with Rick Ski & Matt Ski sqeaking out a win for third and fourth we had 5 teams tied at 67 with Joe M and Scott E. taking the win and fifth we had 2 teams tied at 66 and Steve VV & Gary P. winning the shootoff and the charlie went to Dan VH & Ron H. good shooting everyone well except Matt you could of done better , now before i end this i have to pick on a few people and hopefully someone will add the results from the second calcutta
    [​IMG]
    Here we have Billy R. trying to tell Matt Ski what he should of done in the calcutta so he could of beat Tim Schanz And Mike Bork
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Matt Ski being the good sport that he is congradulating Tim & Mike on beating him in the calcutta for second place , but is everything here as it seems cause not 5 mins later
    [​IMG]
    heres Matts reaction to finding out he got picked with Tim Schanz in the second calcutta
    [​IMG]
    And heres Rick Ski's reaction to finding out he didnt have to shoot with Matt in the second calcutta and he got to shoot with his stepson Steve VV
    [​IMG]
    And just so were all up to speed and for future reference here and Rick Ski's 3 sons theres Matt in the white hat Stepson Steve VV in the (cough cough ) Detriot hat and younger stepbrother Trevor B. in the back and nooo Matt and him arnt twins they just look like it !!
    [​IMG]
    And here we have Mike Lampon congradulating Steve VV for being the winner of eating the most pork chops ( Steve's reaction is I only had 4 )
    [​IMG]
    And a pic of Steve VV's tooth pick he carrys from shoot to shoot , now a few more pics of the smiles Allegan gun club puts on there shooters faces when they stop by
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All in all a great day at Allegan Gun Club with a serious cause behind it helping out a friend , so ill end this with a pic that says it all, Thank You to Allegan Gun Club For Stepping UP !!
    [​IMG]
    Just the look on Tom B's face says it all for us Thank You and Good Luck and our Blessing going out to Art Oram!!!

2. MLKX5

MLKX5 TS Member

Thanks to everyone that came out, you helped make it a huge success. Thanks to all who donated prizes and bought raffle tickets. $5,100 was given to Art at the end of the night. Once again thanks to every one that came out. Hope to see everybody on New Years.

Mike

3. Who's next

Who's next Member

what a good shoot. it has to rank right up there to one of the best shoots of the year. can't what for this years shoot. it's always makes me feel good helping out people who can use a little help.sure glad i took time off work to make this shoot. thanks to everyone that helped to make this a well ran event. Who's Next [Rick Krizinski] maybe next years event can be for expenses for matt to move OUT.

4. Firefoxverigo

Firefoxverigo Member

Ok,i am very proud and very overwhelmed at the turnout for the benefit shoot we had at my gunclub today for Art Oram,he is like a brother to me and we raised $5100.00 inside 8 hours for him and i would like to thank all the workers and support we had throughout the day .It is a reminder and renewal of what is all about when you have heart,god bless.I am very choked up right now.
    Roger H.

5. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Outstanding effort by the Allegan Club and boy it sure showed. Everything went smoothly, lots of shooters, great food, great raffles, the list goes on.

Best was seeing Art and how well he's doing. It was a great day - many thanks everybody!

Cindy

6. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Allegan you did a great thing Saturday,glad so many showed up for such a good cause.

Glad to see Art and how he was getting around, and thankyou to all the ones that donated time and money for one of our own.

Have a good one

Don s.

7. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Sorry for the late post. Had some trouble with TS.com last night.

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said? Great shoot, great cause, and great job to the Allegan crew! Did I mention all the great shooters we have in the WMCC? Feels good to give back. We are a pretty fortunate bunch and it's nice to see the WMCC crew step up and help out a fellow shooter.

There's been a lot of talk about making this an annual event and I fully support it. Even if we don't have a WMCC shooter who needs a little help, at least we could do something for a local charity.

I went to Edwardsburg today for their meat shoot and they are talking about doing a similar shoot where they would help out the local food banks is SW Michigan. Maybe have a calcutta and food drive all in one. Great thought and we will see what happens in the next few months.

Now to a few additional pics and the results from the second calcutta.

I always say "If you can't beat them, join them." And since I couldn't beat Tim S. in the first one I joined him for first place in the second event with the only 50. 2nd place was Chuck E. and Hook with a 46. 3rd was Bob W. and Chris with a 45. 4th was Mike Lew and "I have a new Ljutic" Trevor with a 43. The wild card was Rick Ski and Steve Vv. They finished in 7th place but we didn't pay that many spots.

[​IMG]

Some random pics of the large crowd and assorted door prizes donated by fellow WMCC supporters!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mystery shooter from Illinois. Looks alot like Frank Bentley but the hair doesn't add up, LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here someone went and made Todd D. a special batch of choclate chip cookies and he didn't even show up! That's okay, Remington took care of them for him.

[​IMG]

Last but not least we have WC with his door prize he won, the walking stick. I think I'll leave this one alone and let you decide on a caption, LOL.

Again, great job to Allegan and all the WMCC shooters! Everyone should feel real good about themselves after the day's shoot.

Till next time...

Matt Ski

8. JenVern

JenVern TS Member

That was awesome guys ! Looks like everyone very much enjoyed them selves ! Good job to all great bunch of people. Vern

9. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Vern,

You done killing all those deer yet? We miss your money, I mean company at the shoots, lol.

When you coming back?

Matt Ski

10. MLKX5

MLKX5 TS Member

Rick I will be happy to donate to your cause of getting Matt to move out. I don't think you are going to find anyone to take him in, so you will have to make enough money were you can buy him his own house. After you carried him to a 3rd place finish in the first shoot and Tim carried him to 1st place in the second shoot, its obvious Matt can't do anything on his own.

For any future raffles we have all of Brians tickets will go in the garbage and not in the can for the drawing. He has won enough.

After most of the competition was gone they talked me into a door shoot. The remaining shooters (except for Steve VV)tried to lure me back into shooting more by letting me win. Who would have thought 4 for 5 would have been enough to win when you were shooting against guys who practiced all day.

It was good to see some faces we haven't seen in a while.

Missed you Ed N. get well soon and thanks for your support.

Mike

11. lostandout

lostandout Member

great job on the fund raiser for art .and keep up the good work on the raffels

brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

art oram allegan