1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WJ11-12100 Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bling 27, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I am considering giving these wads a try. Has anyone tried these with 7/8oz. and 1oz. loads? Likes, dislikes? I now use TGT wads, Clays powder, STS hull, Rem 209p. Thanks, Wayne

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've tried them and they worked well in my one oz loads. They cost a bit less than some other clones, too. The only drawback is one finger of this 8 pedal wad always wants to go up the shot drop tube on my MEC. I just have to watch it a bit closer. ...Bob_K...

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I don't like 8 Petal wads. They are a pain to load since they slow me down. I'd always be wondering if I loaded one with the petal up in the shot drop tube on my MEC. I like the K.I.S.S principle. Keep it simple. Four petals will do just fine for me. The WJ and clone wads I have tried worked OK, but really had little advantage over other wad designs. The cost might be a consideration, but for a couple of bucks more per case, I have four petals and less hassle. Of all the ones I did use, the original Jammers and the Downrange versions seemed decent. The Claybuster clone was pulling up the rear with a close third or fourth. That is based on velocity uniformity, informal pattern tests, and ease of loading. They also sometimes require a little more powder to attain the same velocities, so there really would be no savings in that case.