Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

With all the new gun changes why dumb down the spo

5K views 67 replies 29 participants last post by  Nutso 
#1 ·
With all the Trapgun Design and perfection changes, faster and better triggers, bore size changes, perfection of release triggers, choke tube designs, adjustable ribs, adjustable combs, Soft Touch Stocks, Precision Fit Stocks, Stock-Lock Stocks, Dennis Devault fitted and designed stocks, WHY DUMB DOWN TO NORROWER ANGLES, SOFTER SLOWER TARGETS, VOICE PULLERS, PAT TRAPS. EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE FOR PERFECTION FOR HIGHER SCORES, SOFTER RECOIL, ETC

AND THEN DUMB DOWN THE SRORT THIS SURE WAS THE MOST STUPID THING THE ATA COULD HAVE DONE.

TAKE GOLF THEY DID NOT MOVE THE TEES UP FOR CLOSER DRIVES, THEY RE-DESIGNED THE GOLF BALLS, THE CLUBS, THE SHAFTS ETC.

THEY DID DID NOT DUMB DOWN THE SPORT.

I FOR ONE WANT THE HARDER ANGLES, 1200 FPS SHELLS.
BRING BACKI THIS SPORT TO WHAT IT USED TO BE, (A MANS SPORT )

MAKE ME A WRITE IN CANDIDATE FOR ATA PRESIDENT I WILL BRING THIS SPORT BACK TO WHAT IS IS SUPPOSED TO BE, AND WHERE IT SHOULD BE, AND RULES CHANGES THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CHANGED OR ALTERED, ELIMINATION OF THE EARNED YARDAGE
TABLES AS THEY ARE NOW FOR STARTERS.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

See less See more
#6 ·
10 degrees is a hell of a change, and 50 fps is a big difference when you take in the + or - 90fps that Neil suggests and SAAMI supports.

Giving yardage for small shoots w/ scores well below a 97. and giving yardage for money won, $750 he may have hit a lewis score all alone.

Lets face it some changes need to be made and I am the only one willing to step up to the plate and suggest changes, and others have agrred about this.

You want the changes that HAMPTON & TAYLOR are suggesting? And made w/o delegate approval or consideration.

GB
DLS

#7 ·
To suggest they write you in for ATA President is just silly and you know that. Why don't you start at the entry level and work your way into positions that would afford you a say in these changes? There are no shortcuts. The current President Wagner didn't just come up with some ideas and ask to be put in at top. He paid his dues. Want to get your ideas in? Pay your dues and start working your way in. Quit making BS excuses of why you can't and Put your money where your mouth is or drop it. Run for your State Delegate. If people really agree with your ideas, you should have no problems getting in. Time to do it or drop it.

I also noticed you never miss a chance to take a poke at Neil. What are you jealous of him because he did what you only dream of??? He put in his time and worked his way through the system.

#9 ·
3. Any load with a velocity greater than 1290 FPS (Feet Per Second) with maximum shot charge of 1 1/8 ounces, or 1325 FPS with a maximum shot charge of 1 ounce, or 1350 FPS with a maximum shot charge of 7/8 ounces or less, as measured in any individual shotshell. These velocities are maximum and no individual shotshell shall exceed these limits for the designated shot charge. In addition, no load containing more than 1 1/8 ounces or any shot larger than Number 7 1/2 can be used. Shot charges are maximum and no charge may exceed the charge amount by more than 3%. Steel shot in Number 7 will be acceptable as long as velocity criteria are the same as for lead shot shells

Current rule book LS...throw away your old one...

In Singles shooting the trap shall be so adjusted that within the normal distribution of angles as thrown by the trap, the right angle shall not be less than 17 degrees measured to the right of center (3BF), and not less than 17 degrees measured to the left of center (3BF), with a total angle between outside target limits of not less than 34 degrees. (See Diagram II) Under no circumstances shall a Standard Model 1524 trap be set in less than the #2 hole. Any other trap machine shall be adjusted so as to throw not less than equivalent angles. Where terrain allows, a visible stake must be placed on the centerline of the trap on the arc of a circle that has a radius of 50 yards and its center is Point B (Point F, Diagram II

Sooo, what does "not less than "mean to you??? Set them wider!

#12 ·
Wow, if I was this unhappy about ATA, I would quit, join PITA, start a ne organzation, shoot sport clays, wobble, something.

#18 ·
Better, Jerry, does allowing the same angles as before dumb it down.

Rule book

However, no target is to be declared illegal unless it is significantly outside normal parameters (e.g., more than 10 degrees outside normal).

That's a huge area...

#20 ·
"Does 5 deg per side and 50 ft/sec of shell speed equate to a substantial change in the game?"

Maybe I can help with this point. The angles were changed in 1996. There have been 243 Grand Slams in that 16 years. There are a total of 421 Grand Slams since 1955. That equates to 178 Grand Slams in the first forty year. The rules were changed to 10 degree included. I also know that some of the Grand Slams were shot on illegal targets before 96. Yet I believe there is a major correlation between the angle change and the increase in Grand Slams. Some will not agree with these figures and it is true it is a quick count plus I do not know when the total of slams were updated. Some of this is JMO

The angles have nothing to do with shell speed. So Avaldes does the 5 degrees per side equate to a substantial change in the game.

Bob Lawless

#24 ·
BigM have you ever heard of the difference between 3 hole targets and 2 hole targets?? If so what is the degree of difference in angle between the two??? Try to follow the thread BigM

Avaldes I would have to go out on a limb here and say the biggest appears to be the Angle increase. I am sure there are other factors but none as strong as the angle decrease.

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.