1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Witchita

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

Hey guys....I'm going to be in Witchita over Memorial weekend for a Martina McBride concert and I was wondering where I can shoot that weekend in that area. Where is the club in that area, and do any of you shoot there? Thanks in advance. Lori

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Home of the KTA. See the link. Great place to shoot.

Not sure if they have open shooting, but you might give them a call or send an e-mail.

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

Did I mention that I'm going to be bringing two gorgeous women with me so that I can teach them how to shoot? Thanks Tim for the info....do you shoot there?

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Only for the State Shoot.

I live on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area, which is a bit of a drive from Wichita.

While you're there, if you need any stock fitting advice, you might look up Greg Hissem. He lives in Wichita. One of the best.

Tim

5. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

off hand, closest place would be Anthony Gun club, they shoot on Memorial day.

6. calilori

calilori TS Member

I was kind of hoping to find somewhere to shoot on Saturday since I'll be flying home on Monday so that I can be back to work on Tuesday. Thanks guys for all of the advice so far.

7. calilori

calilori TS Member

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

I was just down their for Coaches schooling for ATA. Right next door from the KCA home grounds in another club and they do shoot on Saturday Morning. They are about 3/4 mile east of KCA home grounds About 20 miles or so north of Witchita, KS. I don't know if it is open to the public, but is a good shooting club and had about 30 to 40 persons shooting while I was taking instructions on Sat. Morn.

9. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

The club that Primedust is talking about is open to the public but if you are not a member you have to pay a $5 fee for the day. It used to be $5 as of a couple years ago; not sure if it has gone up or not. It is a nice club!! They also have skeet and a "bunker" type trap also.

This would be your best bet Cali.

10. calilori

calilori TS Member

11. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I grew up there. Its my understand the old target park is open again, its down the street from the KTA. Also there is lynnbrook not to far from wichita, a bit east. other then that i am not sure, i used to shoot at target park and raytheon's club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content