1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

witch recoil system for a beretta auto??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

would like to have a recoil reduction system for my beretta 390. just dont know what one to go with?

2. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

Just put a limb save or kick ezz recoil pad on. A mechanical reducer (gracoil) will add to the length of pull and I don't think you want that. Or add some weight on the front and in the stock.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Just learned a new trick for installing a Gracoil in the 390's and 391's that will allow me to do one down to a 14" or so lop WITHOUT CUTTING THE SPRING TUBE AND TUBE.....email me for a quote....

Ken Rucker..Speedbump Stockworks

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

You can put a gracoil on if you cut about 3/8ths off of the spring bolt, as long as your LOP is not to short. Even better is the Soft Touch composition stock. It comes with adj. comb and is great for recoil sissy's like me.

JON

5. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Well, If we’re talking about recoil reduction systems, I will (of course)tell you that ours is the best ... But, we seem to be talking mostly about how short we can make the length of pull, ... so... We can make the length of pull on a Beretta semi-auto as short as 13 5/8” - WITHOUT CUTTING THE SPRING TUBE, BENDING THE SPRING TUBE, OR CUTTING THE SPRING. (Kindest regards Ruck, I just had to do that) - Mike Gregory

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Noprblem, Michael!! We all gotta make a living....LOL!!!

Ken Rucker

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

What the heck for?

My 120 lb girlfriend can take the recoil of a 3901. If the gun fits, you do not need a recoil reduction system.

Why waste your money?

Of course, she will not turn into a witch unless I marry her - or so I have been told.

Don

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Shockmaster is by far the best. I wish I had bought one of the 391's that Wendell Schroll was selling. One of the best features of the Shcokmaster is that it hardly adds any weight to the stock. Also it's totally adjustable.
    I am currently using the Soft Touch Composite Stock. It also works very well and I would recommend it. If you get the Soft Touch Composite Stock spend the extra $ 150 for the matching forend.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Why is there so much difference in price from a shockmaster to an ez coil(Danhauser system)?I think the difference is 375.00(Danhauser) versus 800.00(shockmaster) and that is installed.There can't be that much difference can there?

10. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    BAD 303 -
    Let me take a stab at this and see if I can help a bit here. First of all, I checked this afternoon and I believe his price is about $450.00, not $375.00. Don’t take my word for it though, please verify it for yourself. Our base price for a Shockmaster (installed) is $695.00, not $800. This base price includes 3/16” of comb height adjustment (not available with e-z coil), and a new comb, made of solid walnut, shaped and profiled like your original comb (unless you specify differently), and covered with medium brown simulated leather (or vinyl) material, usually very close in color to most Browning, Beretta, and Perazzi stocks (also available in black). Many shooters have found this covering, even without the padding underneath it of a soft comb, to be more comfortable to the face. The Shockmaster can also optionally be ordered with the original comb, or a soft (padded comb) for an additional fee. Other options available are adjustable offset, which gives you 3/8” of total side to side movement in the comb, both front and back (again, this is not available with the e-z coil either), and an adjustable recoil pad, for up or down, sideways, or twist. I think I can safely say that we are well known for the quality of our workmanship, both aesthetically and functionally. We finish all wood surfaces (including the butt of the stock) to match the factory finish, including the type of top coat used. Our goal is always to make every stock come out looking like it ‘came out of the factory’ this way. We are also mostly a machine shop, and measure everything accordingly, so the dimensions are done exactly as ordered, and the stock fits as ordered when it arrives.
    As far as the ‘ez coil’ system, I am only somewhat familiar with it, and certainly no expert on it, so (anyone) feel free to correct me if I misrepresent anything here…..it would be unintentional.  I believe, and infer from your question, that the base of the system is the Danuser (countercoil).  This uses a hydraulic shock absorber.  I’ve heard it repeated from different sources over the years that the several systems with hydraulic shock absorbers provide around 35% recoil reduction.  I’ve personally never tested this and don’t know for sure. We use an air shock absorber, in which the air pressure is adjustable through a hole in the recoil pad (no disassembly required), and with this our system will literally take 70% or more off of the peak force of the recoil curve.  The difference doesn’t stop there.  You can’t, of course, compress oil, so in order for a hydraulic unit to collapse you have to move the oil through a hole or orifice in the piston.  In actuality, with the speed and force that the shot hits the forcing cone, you are probably absorbing a great deal of the recoil while a hydraulic shock absorber is just starting to move. Then, if you are shooting two shots back to back, as in doubles, shooters often complain that these units are still partially collapsed when you hit the second shot. Our unit will literally return faster than you can squeeze off a second shot. Generally speaking, one of the main complaints people have with the hydraulic shock absorber systems is that they tend to ‘pre-collapse’ them when they mount them.  Most shooters won’t pre-collapse ours even at the average pressure we ship them at of 100 to 105 psi.  If you do, we simply suggest that you add enough air so that it does not pre-collapse when you mount the gun as you do normally.  Don’t worry, you won’t damage the unit, we used to store these at 220 psi. I’ve never been a fan of a shooter revising his or her shooting style in order to fit a device, I think the device should fit the shooter.
    When I started working with my father on these, about 15 years ago, he taught me that our company philosophy was that “we do every single one the very best we can, no exceptions!” Being the consummate perfectionist that I am, that was easy to take to heart.
    In all honesty, though every stock is different, these can take a great deal of time to install, particularly with the finish matching involved, the polishing work on the endplates, and the attention to detail, especially dimensionally. We go to great lengths to insure that if you send us the one perfect fitting stock that you’ve ever had, it will come back to you, by gosh, still fitting you just as perfectly. I can honestly say that on every stock, no matter what our work load or back log is, we take as much time as necessary to insure that we have done the very best we are able. Because of this it is very, very rare to have a stock come back because it was not exactly right the first time. When I am working on your stock you are my only customer, and I hope and pray that I do well enough to be trusted with another stock from you in the future. - Michael Gregory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.