1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Witch is the best cheap shell at wal-mart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Which is the best shell federal multi-purpose remington gun club or winchester they are all the same price at wal-mart 20.97 for four boxes.

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My primary guns (3200) like the Winchesters and I shoot them allot. 3200s are picky about depth of primer set, and the Rems and Feds sometimes don't go off for me so I avoid them. They do work very well in my other guns though (1100, 870, BT99).

It's cool they recently reduced the price three dollars per 100... that was an unexpected surprise.

It's also cool that we'll be able to get premier Rem STS, Win AA and top of the line Feds at the Sparta shell house for 52 bucks a flat with onsite rebate!

Guy Babin

3. battuedave

battuedave Member

Will there be a limit on STS-aa-feds?

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Check out the below post from Geoff of Gamaliel Shooting Supply:

----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Gamaliel Shooting Supply at Grand
    Email:
    Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 - 03:18 PM ET
    Website Address: http://www.gamaliel.com

Hello fellow trapshooters. This post is to update everyone of Gamaliel Shooting Supply at the Grand this coming week.

Our shellhouse and store will be open from Wednesday 8/05/09 through Saturday 8/15/09. We apologize for any confusion concerning our store dates.

For the shell house, Winchester AA, Remington STS and Federal Gold Medal will be $73 per flat. Federal Paper ammo will be $81 per flat. All 3 companies are offering $20 rebates per flat. We also have Estate, Remington Gun Club and Winchester Super Target at $56 for those who have maxed out their rebates.

Shellhouse customers will also be able to redeem their AA and STS rebates on the grounds. Remington will be doing instant cash back on shellhouse ammo purchases. You will also be able to redeem your AA and STS rebates without collecting barcodes or box tops! This offer is exclusive to on-site purchases only, so keep that in mind if you wish to redeem your rebates at the Grand.

On top of the rebates, our ammo giveaway is back again! For every 4 cases purchased from Gamaliel Shooting Supply, your name is entered into a drawing for a year's supply of ammo. One lucky customer will win 52 cases of shells, absolutely free!

We also have our store in Building 4, Mall 10 and will have several promotions. This includes CLOSEOUT guns, $5 T-shirts, and much more! We are always happy to accomodate special orders, so if there is anything you need, please call to let us know.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Grand this week, and wish you all safe travels, and good luck shooting.

Thanks,

Geoff Pare

Gamaliel Shooting Supply

www.gamaliel.com

1-800-356-6230

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

you are observant EE... he just might be going tho and others who might read the thread.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

At our local Wallyworld the Federals have been $20.97 and the Remingtons and Winchesters have been $21.97. I just started using the Wallyworld Federals and really like them.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I found the same as Bisi at my Wally. I shoot the Feds. and dump them after. There plenty good for my ability and question the difference sometimes between these and name brand.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Walmart Federal's can be reloaded just like the GM's, Estates and Top Guns.

Curt

9. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

I don't know why walmart doesn't stock 2 3/4 dram wally worlds fed. they just have 3 dram feds I still like the estates better but would like to try fed 4 pack in 2 3/4 dram do they have them at ant walmart g3

10. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

I've ran 2 hundred straights at singles with the Wally World Winchester's. I've run another 100 straight with PMC loads. I think I was more on top of my game than the performance of the shells....

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I only use the cheapie shells for Singles and Doubles and Not Handicap. I find the local Walmarts insist on stocking 3 dram shells which is far too much recoil for Singles and Doubles. I think Super-targets are the best of the cheapies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.