1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish to (Also) Ask: One Choke for Doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I was also thinking of trying an autoloader (390 Beretta) in trap doubles...one barrel may point nicer. What would be an appropriate choke constriction to try? I was guessing 20 or 25 points, but not sure..

Thanks

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I've shot well with 0.028 and tighter. More open never worked as well. But it might have worked better if I had shot 8's for the second shot, as I often do now.

Neil

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

IM (.025) is hard to beat for an all around choke. It seems to work well from everywhere.

ec90t

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Another vote for IMOD, or tighter.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am certainly not saying that this works for everyone but! I stay with a tight choke ( the one I use from 27 and farther back) to shoot 16's, doubles etc because I feel it keeps me more in the center of the target. When I shoot a more open choke I tend to start chipping targets and losing sight of where I need to be to smoke them. In other words I think I get a little off my game!Maybe I just relax too much, not sure but it works for me

6. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Everybody has an opinion but mine is if you are just getting started in doubles, anything in the auto from Mod up ought to get the job done to start.
    Unless you shoot slowly, about any choke will break at least an A class score if you do your part. The first double AA score I shot (93), I had the barrel selector reversed and shot the entire round IM first shot and IC for the second shot.

Point being that until you are shooting AA scores, choke and load is whatever works for you.

Eddie Quire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.