1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish could get back an old trap gun that is gone ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

It is common to hear the refrain that a shooter wishes they could get back a trap gun which they sold in order to buy a new one which they don't like now or doesn't shoot as well as the old one that is gone.

Don't think there is any commonality to the brand, style, or model of the new one they don't like or the old one they want back.

They just remember the old gun shot better or gave them higher scores than the gun they are suffering with now.

Have heard this refrain from trap shooters ranging from ones with national reputations to the local A shooter to the local C class shooter.

One solution to this is to never sell a trap gun. Just add guns.

How many of y'all would like to get back a trap gun which is gone that you remember as better than the one you're shooting now ?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It would be nice to my old BT pigeon grade back. Bulge.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Rule one, never sell your gun till you know how you shoot the new gun. The new gun may not work out.

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I have been trying to buy back my old Ljutic Dyna Trap that helped me to a 99 average, had a stroke and thought I would never shoot again. Well 10 years later I can shoot again, just not as good but I want that old gun back. Now all I have to do is out last my buddy that has the gun and buy it from his kids, lol.
    Carey

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

cubancigar2000_2008_0303671.jpg

cubancigar2000_2008_0303672.jpg
    still looking for this one that I sold. Model 31 with fajen wood, serial # 855 or 877

6. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I've always told people I've sold guns to that if they ever want to sell it, to give me first chance to buy it.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

All guns I sold, I sold it for a reason. Usually because I found a prettier one. Or I couldn't get a 25 with it within couple weeks.

Started 25 years ago with a relatively inexpensive MX-8B, tried many other makers but always come back to a MX-8 or it's close relatives. A big circle and six safes later I realize I had all I needed at the very beginning, but I had to try. It's just silly.

I don't attach much feeling to any guns, they are tools with pleasure to own, some are prettier than others, some are even stunningly beautiful, but they are still tools for me.

8. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

My old bt99 My first real trap gun and my old 1100 trap I broke my first 100 straight with it the first time I shot it Shot the bt 99 my first 300 targets Then tried the 1100 at my next shoot I thought I had to have a higher dollar gun Talk about dumb on my part.

9. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

My old KX-5 won the state hdcp last year. The gentleman who bought it has shot maybe 1500 registered targets lifetime. By the way, I picked him to win it before the shoot. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats again Paul Pono. Al Baker

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Still looking for my Ljutic # 935.

11. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

It took fourty years and probably 100+ guns to find the right one, a Ljutic Pro 3 LTX. Have been several TM-1's and MX's along the way that felt good but not just right. I even had a Puccinelli (spelling?) three barrel set, 2 unsingles and a O/U, back about 1977. Quite an advanced gun for the time.

Funny thing is every time I pick up one of my BT-99's I can't miss. Goes to show that the price of the gun is not everything. My best averge ever was with a Franchi 530 Auto (98.6 on 2600 singles). Would still have that gun but could not keep it running.

Now that I have found my perfect gun (the Pro 3) I have a knawing desire for a Silver Seitz. Go figure.

More than getting old guns back, how about the lost fourty years? Give me the body and ability I had then with the guns, concentration, and knowledge I have now. WOW!! Just dreaming before going out to the Silver Dollar and competing as a Senior Vet.

Good shooting, Marc

12. Saxman

Saxman Member

Had a Ljutic 32" with an Olympic rib and old styke choke tubes Never should have let it leave. Would love to have it back.

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Marc:

Did you ever send the guy the $50 you owed him for that BT99 with which you can't miss?

-Gary ;)

14. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Model 12 trap #1966615 that my grandpa bought me which we then traded for a like new BT-99 that I still have 35+ years later.

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have never wished I wouldn't have changed guns. If I struggle with one to long I simply move on down the road. I have a motto, never say never it isn't for sale no matter what it is.

16. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

No way do I want any of them back. I just wish I would have dumped more. I now have an old M 12, an old BT 99, an old MX 3 combo. an old MX 8 and an old MX 15. I could have sold them for decent money back in their day. I do wish I could undo some of the work I had done to some of my trap guns.

17. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Guys,

My Old Grandpap used to tell me "Never look back, only ever forward"
    nothing can be gained by looking back.

Memories are there to keep, money is there to "SPEND" wise old man my Grandpap, I have tried to live my life by his rule and never regretted a minute of it, guns are like women there is always a prettier one coming along.

Ladies do not take offense at what I said I have been very happily married to my dear wife for 42 years (she often tells me "look at the menu all you like just remember to only ever eat at home") wise woman my wife, but divorce of some of my guns happens very often, the hit I take in some of the "Divorce" proceeding is quite often made up by not having that old gun around to feed any more.

Regards, Release Trigger.....

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My first trap gun was a Win. 101 Broadway. Wish I had it back. I know...everybody hates on them 'cause they kick, but I put a Pachmyr Triple Magnum pad on mine and it was fine. It would have made a good sporting gun as I need a high comb and love those mechanical triggers.

Ron Burr

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wish I could get my K-32 Allems Vandalia Unsingle Special Combo with Wenig wood back..sold because of unforseen medical issue and not by choice

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Buried somewhere in my wallet is the serial number of an old Model 12 I sold many years ago. If ever I find it again, I hope the owner wants to sell. It was good to me then and I've tried four of them since and none could match it.
    I dug the piece of paper out to get the serial number and find the paper is now completly illegible. Oh well, It was a good dream! May it bring its present owner as much enjoyment as it did for me.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.