Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisconsin

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  brad patterson 
#1 ·
Just read the minutes from recent WTA BOD's meeting.

On the WI website blog, DonM stated they would hirering his wife as the new Registered Shoot Coordinator. But in the minutes, it states they were going to reach out to few individuals who might be interested in said position. The position would be posted on the WI website and the position would be paid $600 a month.

Don't you have to follow the minutes and post the position before hirering. Is this a return to the "Good ol' boys" type of business.

All state team. DonM states the committee must adhere to the rules but they don't follow the rules. Nice try tho' Don.

They borrowed $90,000 from the nice man who donated a million.

#3 ·
The minutes are the official record. Can't post one thing and do another (unless the good ol' boys are running it) Plus if the minutes are not correct, and they are approved by all the directors before posting, they need to be clarified or corrected. Time to get it right !

#5 ·
It was suggested to contact Melinda Mittag, Tim Thompson, Carol Keeley, Mary Bleiler, and Ellen Raisbeck to see if there would be any interest in volunteering as a Registered Shoot Co-coordinator. This position would be responsible for shoot date applications and shoot reports. The above was copied from the minutes. We made contact and a person volunteer to do the job. What part of this is out of line? If we would wait until the next meeting to fill a voluntary position you would probably have comments about waiting so long. Jetteski25 May I ask what zone you live in Wisconsin so when a spot on the board opens up I can put your name in so all of this will change and everything will be made right.

#6 ·
sounds typical, people want to give direction but do not want to serve. At our club nobody wants to volunteer to be on the Board but they sure do want to voice their opinions. I am not directing this at jetski25. It is simply how it is at most all clubs

#7 ·
Before I get "jumped", I did serve on the board and for many years. I also served once my board position was over.

So I read Don's post on the blog and I read the minutes. The way it reads is very confussing and the minutes probably should be "cleaned up" a little bit to better clarify things. I do agree with Jettski on pricipal as to how the minutes are currently written along with Don's blog. I don't agree with the "GOB's" thing. The board has worked hard to get away from that with the various committee's. I do agree they don't always apply their own rules very well and pick and choose which rules they will apply. This can be fixed to show the correct intent of the position and is it or isn't it a paid position. (in reading the minutes I think the paid goes to the treasurer position) so cleaning up minutes will put most of this to bed.

For the record I'm in the SE Zone.

#8 ·
I normally don't respond regarding the Wisconsin home ground threads. I sit back and shake my head wondering when did things get so bad that there is constant bickering.

Some don't trust this group, and some don't trust that group. I have not shot ATA tournaments for a few years now due to health related issues, but isn't trapshooting suppose to be just plain fun.

I miss tournament shooting tremendously. A lot of you are physicaly well, and should be all working together instead of finding fault with every thing and every one.

I just received a PM from a shooter who does not live in Wisconsin and he said the Wisconsin threads remind him of Washington, where the Dems and Republicans just can get along and agree on anything.

Don't forget, shooters from all over the country also read this stuff. Start trusting one another again and have some fun shooting and forget all the bs.
Steve Balistreri

#10 ·
Steve,
Why? So far this group hasn't earned that trust and what little they had was destroyed, except for their little clique of "Trusted Best-est Supporters!

There was a time, not so long ago, that the board was pretty much respected but in one way or another they eventually destroyed what goodwill earlier directors achieved! See " illusion's" post.

DB

#11 ·
I contacted Melinda a few minutes after the meeting when I saw her she accepted the none paying position after the minutes were taken at the meeting. It will be duly noted in the NEXT meeting minutes where it should be noted. If you have a problem with that I am sure she would turn that job over to you mr Jetson. The Sec-tres job that pays, and that amount will be change when the job is split up is also open. Just give my your name and that can be arranged.

Jet since you have so much time on your hand we can have it arranged to have you do the minutes and the Blog. Since you are perfect I am sure the minutes and blog will be up to date and minute like you expect.

GW. Want to bet where he is from?

#12 ·
Don since I find you on trapshooters insulting fellow wisconsin shooters again, I was confused by several things in the minutes also.
You had told us that a loan was approveled months ago, that we could use a napkin for a business plan, now I find that there has been no loan approved, that one of the main reason is no business plan, and we seem to be jumping from one company to the other to have one written. It's my understanding that no loan could really handycap our state shoot, that there would be no progress on the camp ground, no water, no sewer, and no electric. I also read your notes and considered it to be somewhat unclear. I invite you to answer these questions in a non insulting manner if that is possible. I would be interested in if there is any other money, or if everything is based on getting the loan!
I see the 70,000 for the traps, I know that there will be also be a 80,000 bill for trap houses. What about wiring the trap houses, is there any money for that? I'm just concern that our state shoot will end up being a big mess!!!! I try to remain positive but the problem with no information, and wrong information continues to be a problem............Tom Hoppe SE zone

#13 ·
A guy brings up some valid points and then it becomes a personnal attack fest.

DonM - the minutes are suppose to be right and correct and if they are not they should be corrected. The minutes, especially the part about the shoot coordinator and treasurer position are confusing and misleading.

And even tho' the meeting minutes don't really mean anything (past personnal experience) they are the official record of the BOD's and the WTA.

Don't get so testy when you get questioned on something. People just want to know what is going on and to feel like they matter. When I did ran state shoot, I generally had positive feedback, most of which I attribute to the postings I did on the website explaining what had been done, was being done, what planned to be done, etc. etc. etc. Start treating the shooters like they matter and not like the bad guys and maybe things will get better and some of the venom and lack of trust, etc will go away.

#16 ·
It's not always by direct insult. Many times it is the tone, verbage, way the thread is worded for your reply.

Since you won't respond anymore (believe when I see it) and to credit you are only director from WI who will respond ( there was another guy who responded alot but he is no longer involved on the board )now there will be less information and another wedge between shooters and the BOD's.

#17 ·
Jettski25 One of the Directors from the NE zone will be up for election this year so there will be a spot. Step up and do your thing for the betterment of all Wisconsin shooters. Anybody can tell you new ideas are needed with any organization. That always makes a better and stronger organization.

#18 ·
GWII everyone with an idea can't serve on the board, not everyone has the interest or the time. Any WTA member however does have the right to express their options and ask questions. I think is more than resonable for them to expect truthful and timely answers to their questions. If your trying to answer a questions in an honest and resonable way then, what different does it make if it is on trapshooters or in private.
If you intent is not to anwser someones question then refusing to comment on trapshooters is a very good way to keep from answering someones question. If your not going to give an honest or a very vague answer then you sure don't want any record of it on trapshooters, because everyone is going to see it and of course pick it apart.

#21 ·
As long as we are on the subject of the recent meeting minutes, I would ask our gentle readers to carefully review point #2A. Among other things it states
"these cover the evolution of changes including the handling of REMOVAL of members of the Hall of Fame".....WTF does that mean???? Why would that be done? What would be the criteria of doing someone such a disgraceful dishonor whether living or dead? Who would be the persons or committee to make an obviously arbitrary decision that dishonors someone whom was previously honored?? On the surface of that statement, this really, really stinks....

Dick Gries

#22 ·
I would think as much as some of you find fault with most things the BOD has been doing, you would jump at the chance to get on the BOD and make the changes that you keep complaining about. With your knowledge of these thing you would be a great asset to your fellow shooters. Some people do however just enjoy complaining and not doing. I’m sure you know what you are. I will as many wait to see how this comes out.

#23 ·
#2A--you have certain shooters that over the years have found fault in some people being in the W.T.A. Hall of Fame, not meeting up to there standards! so now will be able to clean out the unwanted ones. if that should happen I think it should require the vote of the membership and not just the board and a letter from some cry baby. Daaaaaa
-------

"Congratulation to DONM" for being added to the inductees list "2014" for the H.O.F. :)

#24 ·
If there is one thing the BOD's did get right , it was to create a HOF committee, a committee headed by two individuals plus the WTA president. (and these dudes have extremely high character and integrety.)

I was on the BOD's when a situation regarding a HOF member came up. The committee did an extensive investigation and based on facts presented, I felt very comfortable in making a vote (no action on complaint taken)

This year two individuals will be inducted into the WI HOF - Dennis Taylor and Fritz Thistle. These two men are fine additions to the HOF and are very deserving of the honor.

p.s. I did serve on the BOD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.