1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Blog

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StonewallRacing, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Yes Al,

The November 6th post is the most informative post in recent memory...

SW

2. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Where do you see the November 6th post at, can't find it!!!!

3. StonewallRacing

Nov 3rd Board meeting

Just my thoughts on the meeting held last Saturday in Wisc. Rapids. The meeting minutes will be published soon. But in the mean time.

If you saw the meeting agenda you will see HOF report. It was reported that the questionnaires were coming in from the current HOF members. There was a question on one of the rules. After discussion it was decided to have the HOF committee continue following the current rules as written. That is about all I can say about this subject now.

SE zone will be held at Beaverdam in 2013. There maybe more changes to come in redrawing the zones in the future.

Next years banquet will be held at Arrowhead Golf club on Sat July 20th. We need donations for auctions and door prizes. Contact your director. We have lowered the price to $40 or $70 for two tickets and kids under 12 $25. We were able to lower the price due to lower prices up north compared to around Waukesha and Milwaukee.

We will be asking Connie Lee Riemer to do allot of the leg work for the state shoot. Some of the other duties normally done by the tournament director will be split up among the directors. Glen is working to get the line help and Bill will be doing the vendor spots.

Speaking of Bill. He has been busy selling camping spots and doing long term leases. There are only 21 spots left. So if you think you will be wanting a camping spot you should do it soon before we are full. So far Bill has taken in approx. $32,000 in leases and rentals.

I also heard the the Trails End a wonderful sports bar on Hwy D just west of Rome a couple of miles is planning live music on the weekend of the state shoot. Good food and drinks.

We are planning a "Meet and Greet the State team and your Directors" on Thursday of the State shoot. Not all the details have been worked out yet. If you have any ideas or want to see something done please let us know.

There has been rumors about us on certain shooting web sites that we are going to raise prices and tack on all kinds of fee's next year. Actually we are considering lowering shooting prices. We have not ever discussed a building fee.

Dennis is just about ready to do the building loan. We are approved for around 1.1 Million. We still need your donations. If you have pledged a donation and have not began payments please do so soon. There is about $300k in pledges outstanding. Now is the time we need it the most. We are almost done with the prelim. grading, trap pads, roads and parking lots. The next biggest cost will be the septic and water. That will be coming up soon. The electrical contract the we accepted is approx $200k and another $62k to bring the electricity in from Hwy 13. The estimate for the septic and water is around $600k. So again please if you haven't sent in a donation please consider doing it now. Please.

The next meeting is set for Jan 5th.

We are planning a work day for 1st. More details to follow. And that is weather permitting.

Bruce is going to be meeting with Jeff Ebbold, that is doing the business plan for us, on Nov 14th to give him more information. Jeff will also be doing a marketing plan for us. He will then have the remainder of Nov. to work on our plan.

As of right now we think that between the traps that clubs have promised and the ones we are going to buy we may run all the traps. Some people have voiced concern about what kind of traps we will be using. NO we will not be using a mixtures of machines. They will all be Pat traps that are in great shape. NO HAND SETS.

Well that is about all that is on my mind right now. Please feel free to use the comment button to give us any of your thoughts and suggestions.
    Posted by Wisconsin Trapshooting Association at 6:24 PM

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Al linked the website in his message and you still can't find it? Go to the WTA site, click on INFORMATION and you hopefully won't miss it at that point.

Of course, you won't have to since Stonewall did it for all.

Tim

5. StonewallRacing

I agree with Al, it was so good we should all see it! Regular posts like they will do wonders to keep the bickering down to a minimum.

Not sure if that came from Don; The way it is written I would guess Sarah or Jay Adams.

SW

6. jettski25

jettski25 Member

An informed and updated membership = an engaged membership = success for the Homegrounds project.

7. Donm

Donm Active Member

Thank you. I do most of the blogs but Sarah does some also. If you look at the dates you will find that about once a week something is posted.

Also if you want to comment you can do so just before you go to the blog. If you are going to comment you MUST fill in the information requested first other wise I just get a blank form. I will not normally answere questions on this forum.

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Name and address to send donations to?

9. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Thanks for requesting this information...our treasurer's info follows below.

Jay Adams E7201A Oak Knoll Dr. Viroqua, WI 54665

10. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Minutes are posted from last week's meeting already. Click on above link.

Great job of getting them up so quickly!

Tim

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The new Wisconsin homegrounds is closer for most of the population of Illinois than our own state shoot or the Grand. I have shot in two out of the
    last three Wisconsin state shoots, and look forward to doing so again next year.

12. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Glad to hear that you're planning on attending next year!

Tim

13. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

It's great to hear people from out of State might be coming, the word in Wisconsin is a wait and see how much gets completed, tent's an no indoor bathrooms may limit attentance....Tom

14. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Do you honestly think they'd have any type of event and no bathrooms? Really?
    If Rome is too far, why would you drive an extra 6 hours past that to go to South Dakota? Why don't let us know how that works out for you please, what with it being the same week as our shoot.

You keep spreading false assumptions that the grounds will not be ready for the shoot. Where are you getting this information? I haven't seen it anywhere. I think you read the same minutes I did and that all fields are poured and walkways will be down soon.

Tim

15. petey

petey Member

Tom, please do us all a favor and go to the South Dakota state shoot!!!
    Kind of sick of your negitive comments on the new homegrounds when so many people work so hard to make this dream a reallity.

Pete Rustad

16. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Shooter Glasses, you might want to look at a map or consult with mapquest before you make any further statements regarding the distance to any venues. From Waukesha mapquest has Cedar Falls about 100 miles further than WI Rapids.

You and some others keep commenting on the possible tents and lack of bathrooms. What did Waukesha really provide for indoor facilities? It's been a few years for me, but there was only small restroom in the club house. Other than that, it's all blue hut specials.

I'm just guessing here, but I think very few will notice the difference in the possible temporary facitilies in Rome vs what they experienced at Waukesha.

17. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Tom waukesha was a complete location, two sets of indoor tolets on the grounds,Club house, They also had an out side kitchen, It just depends, how much is completed! I read several emails that said the grounds would be a long ways from complete.
    There are poured fields, and that would be it, at this time!!! Or have i miss read something. Do you really thing a shooters wouldn't notice tents. I know we all were colored glasses, but tom! There are no plans to have a club house or indoor tolets that i have seen.
    I do agree that the Iowa shoot is a little father, but when you consider the daily travel to get to hotels, it would be a lot less miles, because of the close hotels and eatting places!!! I'm not trying to be negative, you guys make it sound like the grounds will be completed, It's better not to miss lead out of State shooters, we don't want a bad rap, it is what is is!!!!

18. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Look out the Troll Hijacker is attempting to take over the thread - Don't sink to Troll Level

19. Nutso

Nutso Member

4evertap, you took the words right out of my mouth. LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist.

20. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Yes Nutso is the Toll!!!!!!!!!!!Your thread is now complete!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooters wisconsin trapshooters donations

wisconsin trapshooting all state team 2014

wisconsin trapshooting blog