1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Wisconsin Trapshooting Assoc. groundbreaking

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

Hopes high for town of Rome trapshooting site

ROME -- When Ray Moser decided to make the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association the beneficiary of his living trust, he didn't realize he'd be helping the town of Rome and the surrounding area.

The 85-year-old West Bend man said he has been trapshooting much of his life. He and his wife of more than 50 years, Wy, had no children, and after she died a few years ago, he decided he had to do something with his money. He thought the group he and his wife considered part of their family was the perfect recipient for it.

On Thursday, Moser handed officials from the association a check for $30,000 for the Wisconsin Trapshooting Association Homegrounds. The Homegrounds, near the intersection of Akron Drive and 14th Avenue, will hold the group's new state trapshooting range. The check is in addition to a $33,000 check he previously gave the group.

Trapshooting competitions will bring as many as 1,000 people to the Rome area annually, said Moser, who is himself an award-winning trapshooter.

Moser didn't select the Rome location for Homegrounds, but he liked what he saw Thursday.

READ COMPLETE ARTICLE, INCLUDES VIDEO

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/article/20120423/WRT0101/204230462/Hopes-high-town-Rome-trapshooting-site?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
  2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Thanks Ray.
    Steve Balistreri
  3. Nutso

Nutso Member

Loved the pics on the WTA website, wish I had been there.
  4. shooter99

shooter99 Active Member

http://www.witrapshooters.com/19Apr12/19April2012.htm

link to WTA website
  5. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

Used to live in Wi. 40 years ago. Where is Rome in relation to West Bend?
  6. shooter99

shooter99 Active Member

The Town of Rome is located about 10 miles south of Wisconsin Rapids on HWY 13
  7. arend003

arend003 Member

grew up in Rapids sure wish I still lived there now. Would have a lot more shooting then here in Vermont.
    Tom
  8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I met Ray Moser at Janesville in 2010. He told me he would give me his 90T (with two diamonds inset on both sideplates, he said) if I ran 100 handicap targets. Came up short with a 95 but had a chance to talk to him afterwards for a bit. Usually older trap shooters are deaf as posts but not Ray, even after 330K+ registered trap targets. He said he quit stuffing cotton balls in his ears back in the day and has worn ear muffs ever since. I watched him dirt ball 16 yard targets (he shot a 95 and won C class) for awhile and afterwards he talked to me about the mental game of trap shooting. What a great sport where you can find people still smashing away at targets into their 80s.

His wife of 55 years died in 2009 and I found this quote from him in an article about a donation he made to a cancer center in her name, "Never underestimate your own abilities, as you are probably better than you thought you were.”

Dave Eberhart
  9. XXPowder

XXPowder TS Member

One of the things you don't know about Ray, is he is quite the dancer, he offen shows pictures him dance with women half his age, i'm sorry honey!!! one third his age.
    If you see him at a shoot he is always talking and having a good time. If will get our home grounds in Wisconsin he will truly be the reason!!!!!

All the repect in the world for a great guy............Tom
  10. shooter99

shooter99 Active Member

Last week at the ground breaking Ray shot the first ever target at the new home grounds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.