1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-80 SUPER, Jul 22, 2013.

1. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

What a shoot! The WTA and all of the people that donated their time deserve a huge thank you. I was truly impressed with everything they got done in a short period of time. It is a homegrounds to be proud of. I cannot wait till next year. Awesome scores were shot and I didn't hear anything negative about it. They did everything they could to please the shooters. Such a nice change from the state shoots in the past. Everyone should be proud of what you have accomplished. Now take a deep breath and relax!
    Mary B

2. rautdr

rautdr Member

Exactly what Mary said!! Thanks to all the people Who worked so hard to make it

happen and then rolled out the welcome mat for the rest of us.

Truly a beautiful facility. Dan Rauterkus

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Awesome facility, great targets, friendly people and excellent food vendors. What more could a shooter ask for?

Very similar to the first year at Sparta, when the grass is grown next year it will be stunning.

Build it and they will come was right, over 600 shooters in the championship singles.

I have to give 2 thumbs up to all the volunteers, but especially Arlene Otto. Whoever said she could do all that work with one arm tied behind her back was almost right, except she had it tied around the front.

Thanks for a great weekend WTA, see you next year, Harv Shell.

4. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

What a bright future for Wisconsin! This will be a great shooting venue for many years to come. A special shout out to the vendors who endured the wind and dust bowl conditions! Made me cringe to see them scramble to cover that beautiful inventory. Also had a first class transaction w/ Indiana Gun Club; would deal w/ them again anytime. John Terre

5. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

6. 99 straight

99 straight TS Member

My hats off to all the Directors and volunteers that made this possible. A top notch shoot only to get better each year. Glad to have gotten a long term lease campsite when we did. Absolutely a beautiful facility.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I didn't make it to the shoot but good for our Wisconsin neighbors. I'm glad things came together for them..

Bill from Iowa

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

What city is the shoot near.

Thx

Barry

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the Wisconsin volunteers.

10. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

It's in the center of the state near Wisconsin Rapids.

11. jdhog

jdhog Member

Was a great time and all the people were just very helpfull and they went out of there way to help in any way they could.Can,t wait till next year it will be fabulas ...Thanks WTA ...
    Jdhog

12. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

Couple thoughts.

First - to K80 Super ; you put a little dig on past state shoots and I could read club into that. Funny thing is that those you now praise where responsible for the past as well. You have to go back a few years now from when the club ran the shoot. However it was overseen by the WTA then as well.

Instead of slamming the past especially when in many cases the blame gets misplaced (both ways I might add), embrace our new future. We have a nice new facility that has the potential to be awesome and great in the future.

Second - a huge "Great Job and Well Done" by the BOD's. I sure didn't thing you would pull this off but you did. It was a very nice 1st year and hopefully we can build and improve for the future. Just from what I saw, if it continues to grow, get finished as far as the infrastructure and such, we (as in WI) might not stay the number 5 state shoot for very long, it may break into the top 1, 2, or 3 state shoots. Pat yourselves on the back, drink a cold one, you earned it.

13. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

Brad
    I have thanked the BOD in the past. Waukesha had some draw backs and you cannot say they didn't. That is why everyone wanted to know where the pat traps were. What I was saying is that the WTA put this shoot together in a very short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that they asked JCC if we would be a host site. I am happy to say that it didn't come to that. I have never slammed the BOD as you said. What I saw was the WTA taking pride in having our dreams come true of having our own home grounds. They have worked their tales off for every state shoot but this year you could see how happy they were to have it finally happen. I know you are sensitive to your club as I would be to mine. That is not what I intended to do. Waukesha has served us in the past and we need to move on.

14. petey

petey Member

does anyone know when the shoot-off results from singles & handicap chapionship will be posted?

Pete

15. jdhog

jdhog Member

I would like to know the results of from event 6 to the end it don,t have them up yet also
    jdhog

16. mike31z

mike31z Member

The link above has links to the latest scores. Scroll down to the 3rd thread.

Mike P

17. petey

petey Member

Mike, there is no trophy report after event #5, is that the latest you have to date?

Pete

18. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/shootscores/menu.cfm?shootid=217

Try this link

19. petey

petey Member

Ken, it does not list the winners on this link does it?

Pete

20. tommy2725

tommy2725 TS Member

Wi flag pole