1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Carl Spackler, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler TS Member

Any word from the board about funding or project completion? It seems the window is closing a little more with each passing day? I would love to shoot there this summer, but if not completed...what would plan B entail?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mashy linky

HM

3. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Great question! Seems like time is running out very fast to get this all done on time. Still no update on the WTA site on the loan either. I see on presquad.com there are people coming from Texas and Utah. Maybe the BOD should post publicly so IF the shoot isn't going to happen, or needs to go to a different site, these folks can make other lodging arrangements?

4. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

The rummor in Wisconsin is NO State Shoot this year, last I heard they had applications in at six banks, that's called of all things shotgunning! It's when you don't think a loan is going to be approved you send it out to a bunch of banks in the hope someone will accept it. The WTA started this thing with no business plan, no financing, and very little money. I've been on this website for the last 11 months telling people that this move to Rome would hurt trapshooting in Wisconsin. It didn't make any sence to move from Waukesha and build new when one tenth the money would up date Waukesha. I'm not happy that it coming true, but let's face it times running out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. illusion

illusion TS Member

First of all, I believe the shoot will take place probably in a skelton type form. all they need to do for sure is get electric and water in! we can do the rest in the future as money allows. Rome wasn't built in 6 mts and neither will the Wis Home grounds. it will be a time share construction, a little here and little there and before you no it "Bang it's done"

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Nice job starting that "rumor" Shooter glasses! What are you trying to do to trapshooting in our state? Knob.

Tim

7. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Tim I'm starting a rumor, please explain, I was at a trap club and this weekend, and everyone was talking about this, went to Waukesha today and heard the same!
    It seems that two sources close to the WTA, said the loans were in serious trouble. I guess they accepted some bid pending money to pay for them. I don't even know if there is enough money without the loans to buy trap houses, traps and run the wires. A member of Waukesha stopped by the homeground and said there was nothing going on. In fact he said there was still brush piles in front of the would be traps. There has been nothing posted by the WTA in three weeks! We are only two months away, maybe name calling shows your IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe your the Knob!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they need to post the min.s of the last meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

shoooter. If you are right, you are a hero. If wrong, you will be a ZERO with a lot of shooters

9. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

MIA there have been a lot of people who have been asking these questions for YEARS. This is not anything new and the WTA BOD has done ZERO to overcome this, at the very least, marketing FAIL!

It wouldn't take a whole lot of time or effort to turn this around. I just figure they feel they are .....

DB

10. FBA

FBA TS Member

I was also at two different clubs this weekend and heard the same "rumors." I was told the WTA had to have the money for the "pat traps" by April 30th or lose them. No money no traps. I hope this is all a big rumor, but with seeing nothing updated on the WTA webpage, I'm losing hope. Is it time to presquad? My hope is for all the great people in Wisconsin that this will get built and we have a great place to shoot this year and in the future.

11. below 0

below 0 TS Member

This makes my decision to go to South Dakota instead of Wis. a little easier...Maybe next year.

12. RedScare

RedScare Member

Hey Tom what is your source for this rumor?

13. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Guys, dont get sucked into rumors and or innuendo's. Tom, simply pick up the phone and call Don. He's been upfront when he could about the Homgrounds with good and bad information. Time is running short but I think they can still make this work. If not then they need to tell shooters so they can plan shooting elsewhere.

Rick

14. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

RedScare: I understand that an update may be coming soon from the WTA, as early as the end of this week........let's wait until Friday and give them their chance to bring us up to date!

15. RedScare

RedScare Member

[​IMG]

They have a nice full page advertisement in this months Trap and Field.

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

That is a great ad........the picture doesn't have any building or trap houses, what's up with that!!!!!!!! Just like everyone else, I would like to know, will it be built by july 16th???? Still nothing on the WTA website about bids or manager!!!!!!!!!!!

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Can't you people wait till the milk spills before you start whining!!!!!!!!!............LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL and another one for good measure...LOL

18. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

Little bird in the sky

Droping poo into ur eye

U don’t worry u don’t cry,

U just thank God that,

Cows do not fly

Always b positive

---------------------------

Ladies Man, There is nothing that we could do to hold them accountable, essentially they are free and clear.

DB

19. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Tom

From what I understand, the PAT traps are all accounted for with either those that have been pledged for by shooters or by those being donated by various clubs. All 30 fields. This has been discussed before when you started whining/questioning about there possibly being traps that are not in tip-top condition and you immediately wanted to know which traps were going to be the newest machines so you could squad there. I can assure you that will not be the case as the fellow that is checking them all over is one of the best around when it comes to Pat's. I can also confidently state that the 4 traps that Sauk Prairie will be loaning out for the shoot are always well maintained.

As for nothing being done, have you checked the weather lately? Everything outdoors is behind this year, in case you hadn't noticed. You keep asking about buildings and that has also been addressed with the answer that will be no buildings this year. If these rumors you state are floating around at "every" gun club are actually being said, why not leave them there? Why float them out to the world on this forum?

As I asked before, what are you trying to do to trapshooting in Wisconsin?

Tim

20. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

If those questions are being asked at every club, why hasn't the BOD answered them?

DB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.