1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by scratcher, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

At $27.69 per hundred targets, plus fees, a well run shoot is an Expectation, not a hope........Some serious 'brown nosin' here.

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

The Wisconsin shoot is a great one. I will not be able to make it this year, first time in twelve years........Good luck and shooting to all........PS with the addition of AAA class this is the shoot all of you AA's must attend.

GS

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I suppose this will be taken in a negative light before it even starts too but why can't Wisconsin draw more vendors? Last year I think there was one gun dealer and he is local. Go to Iowa and there are many more vendors. I think I read somewhere that the Wisconsin shoot is one of the biggest of the state shoots so I don't know why more vendors don't seem interested in coming here. Are Wisconsin shooters too cheap to draw vendors or is it still the philosphy of years ago that this is a shoot not a shopping mall?

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

Al

See what you get when you use your head and do something positive. Nice try but it will get uglier before it get's nicer.

Thanks for trying though.

5. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I agree with Dick in that we all expect a good shoot or we would go somewhere else.

That being said, Al is right, the directors and WGC should hear all the comments positive and negative regarding the shoot. Without constructive criticism how would they know the shooters didn't like something.

I'd suggest the directors, if they have some spare time, stop and chat with the shooters at some of campsites, awnings etc during the week. I know they all have a lot to do but they might get a lot more positive comments if they talk to more than just the people that come looking for them to complain about something.

Good luck to all and stop by the Eau Claire awning on the west end. If your shooting is done we always have cold adult beverages available.

6. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Maxey:
    As the self-appointed cheerleader for the WI. State Shoot, well, keep-on, keep-on. Scratcher's remarks do not read negative; they are closer to the mindset of many shooters in the current climate. If costs are there, then value damn well better be. If directors work hard, then perhaps they should be thanked. By the same token, they asked for the job and as a result are expected to fulfill it. Tom Berry said it well.

If scratcher is Dick Gries (Grease?), it would seem ChampionII's personal remarks are out of line. Dick undoubtedly gave him a good ass whuppin' in a shoot-off someplace.

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

If the state shoot improves even a little we then continue to build off the momentum. The last two states shoots overall have been successful. The pre-sqadding should eliminate backlog/holes on the lines. Labor, in the last two years has greatly improved, as well as target setting. Personally, I expect a good state shoot! I agree with Scratcher in that for those target prices "a well run shoot is the expectation." I see nothing wrong with his comment!

Al Maxey is correct in that if their are deficiencies in the shoot they should be addressed immediately with shoot management and on the flipside when things are going good those shoot management should be praised for the tireless job they do for little or nothing!

I wish everyone the best at the Wisconsin State Shoot. We have some of the finest homegrown shooters in the country that will be competing all week! Add to that the list of All State and All Americans attending and the competiton will be fierce as ever. Thanks

Rick Brohmer

8. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Ahhh...........The voice of reason. Thank you, Rico.

Dick Gries

9. guncase

guncase TS Member

I can address the vendor problem,,, there is just not enough room for any big gun vendors. They come with a motorhone, a big trailer and need electric for both! We are limited on space and electric. And,, it is a long ways to drive for most of the big boys,,

This year, W.G.C. is again in charge of the vendors, for the 2nd yr. For whatever reason they decided to raise the fees almost double. Another reach for more money. Guess they need the $$$. I will come to the shoot no matter what. I stared shooting the State in 1970 and want to make 50 yrs??? Can't shoot the whole thing like before,, but will shoot some. See ya there!! Buy a Gun Case!!!!!!!! Paul Sedwick

10. BIG HOUSE

BIG HOUSE TS Member

I can agree with Paul on the price of a vender spot, its out of line!! I know of a great vender that came here a few years back and was put on the west end and was told not to do ear plugs , just glasses cuz WI had there own ear guy. Thats CRAZY !!!!!! She will never come back. Everyone knows a vending spot by the club house is key. It's the good ol' boy system. I was there today for a look and set up our tents, it still looks the same as every other year. but at least the grass is cut! I go every year, but I will be the first one in line at our home grounds someday. I HOPE!!! Good Luck WTA bod, have a great shoot!

THX BIG HOUSE

11. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

And you guys make fun of the Clifornia shooters. Very post regarding the Wisconsin trapshooters is a bitch fight. Nobody is ever happy there.

Clyde K

12. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Clyde, we just like the national exposure. The Wisconsin State Shoot is the 5th largest shoot in the country. We get attendees from all over the United States, Canada and Europe. Our shoot comes with a few issues, no different than anyone else's state shoot. Our state association and in coordination with the Waukesha Gun Club has worked very hard in continually improving the shoot. We have made great head-way on the quality of the shoot, while still drawing names like Kay Ohye, Randy & Nora Ross, Ricky Marshall, Jacque Schnellenberger and Leo Harrison.

I have shot all over the country and the Wisconsin State Shoot is still one of the most competitive shoots around. Our state and local shooters are among some the top shooters in the country year and year out!

Clyde, for what it is worth we don't have as many governmental issues, regulatory issues and or lifestyle issues to deal with as you in California. So we like to complain a little about our shooting! In retrospect the Wisconsin State Shoot is a fiercly competitive shoot. Come on out and join us this year you won't be sorry. You'll have a wonderful time.

Rick Brohmer

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Kudos to us Wisconsin shooters for giving enough of a damn to raise issues when something is awry.

Maybe the rest of the country are just sheep.

Personally I love the good part, and want the bad parts fixed.

So there.

HM

14. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Hey Rick I wass only pulling your pony tail. It seems like that when the CGSTA has their problems all of the nay sayers jump on T-S ,com and talk trash about California. I am a Wisconsin guy at heart having been born in Appleton and left to do my duty to the country. Ended up in San Diego and stayed here. I am still a Packer fan, have season tickets and try to get back for one game a year. I have heard nothing but good thing about trapshooting in Wisconsin and hope to be a participant at your state shoot someday

Clyde k

15. Donm

Donm Active Member

Clyde

What do you do with those crumy old Packer tickets the rest of the time when you don't use them? Poor little ol me has never been to Lambau. I would never pick on Kaliforny again if someone from out there would donate a pair to the WTA's fund raising dinner. Now is your chance to show us cow tipers how generous you really are.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would love to go to the Bear game. I would send you a chunk of frozen tundra.

HM

17. 3200

3200 TS Member

WEll, FWIW I drove by WGC today to see what I might see. As of noon there were already quite a few RVs, etc. set up for the stay. Kolar and Remington were the only vendors I noted, though I' sure there were others as the area near the clubhouse was loaded with trailers.

18. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Clyde, no worries. Glad you are still a Packer fan! I lived in the Bay Area for a couple yrs. I liked California but I hated the driving..it was miserable. Glad to be back home! The shoot opened up today and we have quite a few RV's and vendors already here. There were well over 2,400 that pre-squadded and we expect many more showing up by midweek! Clyde you ever decide to shoot it in the future you let me know and we'll get you squaded up!

Rick

P.S. By the way..no pony tail on this head. Must have got me mixed up with Mike Thomas!

19. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Hey mulchatna/Clyde k, I live in San Diego and shoot at San Diego Shotgun Sports at Miramar. Have you shot there? In 2005, the Chargers first pre-season game was at Green Bay and my son-in-law and I made the trip. We stayed in Appleton where the Chargers stayed. Had a great time before during and after the game. Folks in the area are great! Didn't visit the local area Trap range but heard it's great too. Ate at the 5 Star Vince Lombardi Restaurant in Appleton and the food was truly 5 Star. Expensive...but worth it. Took the tour thru Lambeau and it was awesome. I thought the name Packers was derived from meat packing only to learn that it came from the packaging industry in the area. Green Bay Packer history is incredible. The folks in that town live for GB football and regard Brett Favre as their local hero.

Augie

20. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Are the results gonna be on the WTA website or can someone post them here when the shooting is done?
    I won't be there until Friday.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.