1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot Warmup - $15 Targets!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmurphy, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

Looking for a great place to get a good warmup for the Wisconsin State Shoot this weekend? You should check out Boxhorn on Sunday as we have a 400 target day with dirt cheap targets...$15 per hundred! PLUS, entry in any of the day's events gets you free lunch and drink.

The singles event will be 200 targets, which should be a great tune up for the 200-target events at the State Shoot. We'll also have 100 handicap and 50 pair of doubles. With the money you'll be saving, you should consider playing our options...we've been paying out some pretty good monies in the Lewis this year. $10 entry pays out 3 classes split 60/40 high gun.

Club opens at 9:00 AM and shooting begins at 10:00 AM sharp. We will be closing singles entries at Noon, so make sure to get to the club with plenty of time to spare.

For more information, check out our program at the link above.

If there are any questions, please e-mail me at the address above or call me at 262-501-9128.

Dan Murphy

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Can't beat that deal!

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Hummmm.....ATA pratice....I will pass. Seems to me like this is spreding like the swine flu..........

GS

4. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

You should give it a try. 400 targets at 15 bucks per hundred helps you meet your in-state requirements for less than it costs to enter two events at the State Shoot. It's not a new concept.

Dan

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Are these registered birds?

6. midalake

Dan you of all people. If my entry fee does not include "trophy money" Why would I want to shoot??? What is different from what your doing than a league??
    I come out to compete. If I cannot at least win my entry fee back, I am not going to shoot. All one needs to do is grab three people and register all the ATA tragets they want...and I can do that for $12 a hundred at my own club. This ATA pratice thing is like a cancer...if it turns to this I am DONE!!! I will NEVER patronize a club ever throwing ATA pratice to the public!!!

GS

7. StonewallRacing

Your opinions must be in the minority because the last time Dan threw $15/100 ATA targets there was 14 squads of singles, 11 squads of handicap, and 4 squads of doubles.

If you don't like it, stay home and keep your attitude at your own club.

SW

8. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Well said Stonewall. With an attitude like his, who wants him around anyway?

Clyde

9. midalake

This is the EXACT PROBLEM with the ATA today and some of it's members. The ATA takes great lenghts to give us a format to compete on. Many are trying to water that down.......My advise to you is if you do not want to compete stay home and shoot pratice at your own club and quit trying to jag the system up for the rest of us............

GS

10. StonewallRacing

Perhaps you should be the one to stay home and let the rest of us shoot when and where we want.

Janesville, Weston, and probably several others are advertising "Wisconsin warm-ups" so take your attitude to one of those clubs and shoot for "big" money.

Bashing Dan and Boxhorns for trying to offer an alternative is just nothing but bull.

SW

11. midalake

Sorry Pal but my opinion is the same if the club is 1 or 1000 miles away......this is a CANCER that shakes the whole foundation the ATA was founded on. Here is the best question for you!!!! Whoever is running this club wants $15/100 ok fine......Charge $20/100 return $5 to shooters let me know how many show up for this! My guess is plenty.............

GS

12. StonewallRacing

Thanks Russ,

I guess the attack hit a nerve. My point is we are all shooters and we need to support shooting so it will be here for our kids to enjoy.

Competition is fine, but how much competition is there at some of these small clubs that only have one or two ATA events per year? How much do you and can you "make" anyway? My experience is you can clean-sweep and hardly cover your costs for the day.

Not every ATA shooter is AA27AA and "out for blood" every weekend.

So I agree, beating each other up over this is anti-productive. Lets go shoot the program we feel is best for us.

And YES, I like the $20.00, and YES it would most likely have a good turnout.

SW

13. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

bobdog - Yes, these are registered targets.

midalake - You may have a point about the dwindling competition factor of our sport. I feel that it is a direct result of the economy. Less people are shooting, and the ones that are want to shoot for a good deal. Clubs can't give people a good deal when they are spending loads of money on trophies.

Don't blame the club for giving the shooters what they want.

Also, I'm all for freedom to express your opinion, but since you sound like maybe you might be shooting with Russ at Weston this weekend, then why even stir the pot? This is worse for the sport than $15 targets.

Good luck to all clubs this weekend, and good luck to all shooters next week at the State Shoot. I will be there Friday through Sunday, and would love to discuss the state of our sport with whoever wishes to.

Dan

14. midalake

Dan

Best to you this weekend. My return to one of the best state shoots in the country [WI] may not happen this year. But if I get there, I will buy ya a soda and have a chat........

GS

15. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be fantastic. A little on the warm side (high of 86), but it's only supposed to be 55% humidity...I'm no weather man, but it seems that's unusually low for Wisconsin in July.

I hope to see a lot of people at Boxhorn tomorrow! Don't forget, we will be starting at 10 AM SHARP to ensure that we get all 400 targets in on time so everyone can make it home at a decent time.

Dan

16. dmurphy

dmurphy Member

Thanks to all who came out today and enjoyed $15 targets, free lunch, and a great warm-up for the State Shoot. To see the complete write-up of the day's events, visit the link above.

Dan Murphy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.