1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot Tuesday Report

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jay Adams, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Adams

Jay Adams TS Member

Well, I'm sure Brad Patterson can add to this, but the first day of the State Shoot is in the bag! I left my digital camera transfer cable at the club so I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to get pictures posted on the WTA forum as well as the this forum. Also, results from day one should be posted on the ATA website sometime tomorrow.

The weather today was comfortable...a bit windy which affected the targets to some extent but all-in-all it was a great day. It did start out with a computer "snafu" that delayed squadding until about 8:45. This delayed the first event start time until 9:30.

We are using the 3S computer program which is new this year to us at the WTA and I believe many people thought that the problem was with the program or the operators of the program. The problem that was eventually discovered is as follows. The hardwired permanent jack from the clubhouse to the WTA trailer became faulty in the night. This is the equivalent of a phone jack in your house going bad over night. Who knew this unlikely problem was the culprit...but as it turns out, it was. Thank you to all the shooters who were patient and a huge thank you to the gentleman ( I never caught your name) for helping Dick diagnose the problem. Your help is to be commended!!

One last item to notify people of is regarding classification. Please, please double check that you are classified correctly in singles, doubles, handicap and special category. It is the shooter's responsibility to verify that they are classified correctly. We have had one small issue with reclassification of people that is now corrected but there may be people that did not receive correct reclassification. As soon as scores are posted, check your classification. If there is an error, bring it to a WTA official's attention as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation on this issue and as I said before, it should be corrected after today.

Check back soon for more pictures as well as results on the ATA website.

See you soon,

Jay

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

It was a very good day.

I thought the attendance was a little soft, but don't have facts to compare.

A couple of the pullers were a little green, but not any big issues I saw or heard. They will be seasoned vets by Saturday.

Only real problem I saw (or heard) was "lost" a few too many times on our banks.

SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.