1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot Directions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dickotto, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Need to find WI State Shoot Homegrounds @ Wisconsin Rapids? Here's how...
    Best way would be go get on Hwy 13 (from north or south of WI Rapids).
    North of WI Rapids - go through the city on 13. From junction of Hwy 73 & 13, grounds are about 7 miles. When you see a high releay tower on your left, you are getting close. Watch for roadside signs. Make right turn onto Akron DR.
    From South of WI Rapids: if you come up Interstate 39 (Westfield is a great beakfast place next to Mobil station). Continue north on I39 to Hwy 73 at Plainfield exit. Turn left on 73 (west) for about 3/4 mile to County D. Left on D to Hwy 13. Big BP Gas/Convenience station (Pritzel's) on that corner. Turn right on Hwy 13 about 1/2 mile. Turn left on Akron Dr (1st road north of Pritzel's)
  2. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    From Illinois, go north, and stop every half hour and take your gun out of the case. When people stop screaming in horror, you're north of Madison. Keep going for another three hours. It's on your left.
  3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    bobdog its only about 2 hours north of Madison. The screaming part is correct.
  4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    It's actually only a little over 1 1/2 hours north of Madison and it's actually quicker to take Hwy 21 exit (Coloma) west to HWY 13. Then north to the Home Grounds. (That's if you are taking I-39, which I would highly recommend as you will avoid driving through the Dells.)

Whatever way you get there, hope to see you there!

5. mike31z

mike31z Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Highland, WI, USA
    The link above will give you the best directions with 1 click. The Street address is 1312 Akron Drive, Nekoosa, WI 54457. This address is new to the GPS devices (Gramin, Tom-Tom)and If you enter 1312 Akron Dr into GPS device it should get to within 2 Miles of the home grounds.
    The cloest intersection is listed in the link above.
    also the GPS Coord Latitude: 44.242394 Longitude: -89.821215, These coordinates I took off my Gramin in the primary drive to the Homegrounds.

Mike P
Search tags for this page

1312 akron drive nekoosa wi

westfield wi trap shooting