1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot Citations???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MX-15L, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

There has been information coming forth, that representatives of the Pewaukee Police Department were on the Waukesha Gun Club grounds, issueing tickets for "open containers" during the State Shoot. I personally did not witness this, but if you, or any of your friends were issued such a ticket, please contact Ron, at bluethunderhd@gmail.com

Thank you,

Joe Zukowski
    S.E. Zone Director

2. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Joe, I seen a policeman walking through the grounds. He stopped by my car and asked me how I shot! He was very courteous. I did not witness any ticket writing etc. Thanks

Rick Brohmer

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sounds like an unfounded rumor to me. If you were ever on the west end after shooting was done for the day, you would understand.

HM

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I had a cold one in my hand at my car after shooting on Saturday (East end) and someone came up to me with a 'heads-up' that the police were issuing such tickets. I did not talk to anyone who was cited but I did not take any chances either.

Tim

5. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Thank you for the feedback. Still looking for anyone that may have been cited.

JoeZ

6. halfmile

As long as the club was not dispensing, what could be the problem? I can hardly wait for the campgrounes eveerywhere to be targeted.

Reminds me of how they got the haywagons stopped years ago. some bunnyhugger got the DNR to claim they were motore vehicles (haywagon pulled by farmall Cub tractor) and from then on we had to walk. This was when you shot every 4th trap.

I guess somone in the neighborhood doesn't like trap shooters.

HM

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

HM,

The person who told me about the alleged tickets stated that the problem is that WGC does have a liquor license and they were the only one authorized to sell beer. i.e. She said you could only have a beer if you were in or near the beer tent.

Tim

8. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Probably the same people who were saying that the Illinois State Police (at Sparta) will ticket you for having open liquor in your golf cart (or while sitting in your vehicle having a brew). They also will be issuing tickets for having your guns uncased in the back of your truck and will start issuing speeding tickets at the Grand IN Sparta. Heard this at the Wisc. State Shoot.

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Nice how rumours are started by some and then become 'fact' when they actually never will happen! I too could have been cited for having my gun in the back seat of my car between 100's on Sat. Same laws apply in Wis. as Ill. in reagrds to having your firearm unloaded and completely encased when it's in a vehicle.
    Doesn't matter whether you're moving or not. At least, that's the TECHNICAL law.
    Apparently, they did not go looking into vehicles at WGC or they likely could have written out dozens of citations for that issue.

Tim

10. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

The governor of Wisconsin is as anti-gun as the Illinois governor.
    Like two peas in a pod Blaskovich of Illinois and Doyle of Wisconsin.
    Both of these anti-gun jerks need to be removed from office. Maybe some day the voters will oust both of them.

11. halfmile

I want a vendor spot for next year, so I can sell "special" labels stating the beverage was purchased elsewhere. Sheeesh.

HM

12. geterdone

geterdone Member

Joe, I know a number of people thought it was negligent, or stupid is actually the words used, for WTA director Grabski to be driving an offical WTA cart while drinking an open beer on the firing line during an offical shoot-off with all of us watching. Police issues were mentioned on this and the risk of the gun club's insurance for a WTA official to drink beer while on the firing line beyond the fence.

We heard that offical complaints of this were made, since you brought up the police being on the grounds issue, how did President Stitley and the WTA deal with this issue from a liability point of view?

13. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Responsible drinking has its time & place. Some of the examples above are the wrong time and/or place.

ABD

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

As an ATA Second Alternate, I expect he would know better. Even if it didn't directly violate a rule its a poor example for the public to witness, as well to our young trapshooters. Booze and guns simply do not mix.

It would be prudent for the WTA President Bruce Stitely and the current BOD to thank Mr.Grabski for his work in the past and put some distance between him and our state association. Thanks

Rick Brohmer

15. geterdone

geterdone Member

Any news on WTA addressing a delegate drinking beer and driving a cart on the firing line side of the NO ALCOHOL BEYOND THIS POINT sign during the mid-week shootoffs?

16. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

President Bruce Stitely, addressed this issue, at a meeting of Directors in the trailer during the State Shoot.

Joe

17. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Glen Grabski continues to act with impunity not to mention stupidity. He has no place as an alternate delegate to the ATA for the state of Wisconsin. This is the only ugly mark on a superbly run State Shoot by the WTA and WGC. It is long past due to bring the curtain down on this clown...

Dick Gries

18. geterdone

geterdone Member

Thanks for the update! Other than the Grabsky embarrASSment the WTA ran a very smooth shoot and everyone had great things to say about this years shoot. O/S shooters very very complimentary of the week. Presquad.com really took the crowds out of the clubhouse and allowed a very relaxing atmosphere in the clubhouse. Only improvement I would like to see is the new payout scanner that prints out a winnings check with the swipe of your ATA card. I am seeing more and more of these around the country since last summers Grand in Sparta. Does not appear to be an expensive option. $150 dollar flat screen and $150 printer connected to one of the computors.

19. Donm

Donm Active Member

Geterdone

The WTA is in the process of updating their computer system. I will bring this up to the first director I run into. I will problably see one or two at the grand.

20. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Geterdone, Don is correct. To the best of my memory, the Board, at a meeting at the 5-Man, voted to up grade our computer system to be similar to that of the other large shoots, and Sparta. Mr. Otto will be looking into the new system. The WTA Board will be meeting this weekend, and I can give more details after the meeting.

Thanks to everyone for making this a Great Shoot.

Joe Zukowski
    S.E. Zone Director

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wisconsin dnr citations for target shooting