1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin State Shoot Banks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunner x, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

Question, are all the traps equipped with Pat Traps? And what banks would be
    choice for the State Shoot.

Thank You,

Gunnerx

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pat traps are on the baqnks closest to the clubhouse, hand sets on the far banks as far as I know. I don't know the dividing point or how many Pat traps there are.

Somone will enlighten us shortly, I am sure.

HM

3. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

There are 8 Pat-traps. Not sure of which banks they are. While the hand-sets may be set the same, in the morning, as the Pats, it all boils down to whether the person in the house knows how to place the target on the arm. You never know when you'll get a "Waukesha Razor Blade" and if you do, hope you turn it down.

Tim

4. Adjustment Boy

Adjustment Boy TS Member

Traps # 2 thru 9 are Pat Traps and traps 10 to 28 are hand sets. A height stake and radar gun is used to try to set the most consistant and best targets possible from trap to trap. In addition, we have a set crew that does all the target setting so each trap is set in the same manner.

Bank A starts on the West end heading east. (Trap 28)

As mentioned many of the winning scores last year were infact shot over the handsets on the west end. Of special note, for the past 3 years or so, WGC has had an aggressive Trap maintence program in place to keep the traps running at their peak.

Brad Patterson
    WTA Director

5. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

Forgive me, still not clear, which two banks have the pat traps?

Gunner

6. halfmile

The East end, in front of the clubhouse. They change the bank designations after the first 100 on Sat.

Should be A & B the first part of the week and the first 100.

HM

7. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Gunnerx,

The east end with the pats will be the higher letters. A&B are on the west end. they do not change bank designations between hundreds on Sat. I believe that switch is made Thursday or Friday.

tom

8. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I'm sorry guys but, there is no changing of Banks during the shoot. They stay the same through out the week.

Happy Easter.

JoeZ

9. halfmile

I stand corrected. They did, as I recall, change them previously.

At one time, years ago, we had to walk 4 traps over each time we changed fields.

And they used to have people movers till someone threatend to have arrests made for uncased guns on a motor vehicle. (too bad they didn't switch to horses instead of the Farmall Cubs).

HM

10. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

thanks for the correction Joe. But they did used to increase the number of banks used in years past, correct?

11. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Tom, if my notes are correct 14 Banks of traps for the entire week. We have a WTA Board Meeting on Saturday the 14th, if anything changes, I'll post it.

Thank you.

Joe

12. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Joe, No need to confirm for this year.

I was curious about years ago. I just remember the starting squad sheet had two sides, one with 5(?) banks and the other with 6(?).

I'm sure my dad has some of the old programs. I'll check it out the next time I'm up that way.

Thx, Tom

13. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

Mr. Otto, Thanks for the clear and consise explanation. Well Done!

Thank you

Gunnerx

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I concur with Mr. Maxey and Mr. Otto in that the background for the hand set traps are preferable to that on the east end with the pats. I have shot on most of the banks through the years. Any time that I placed have all been on hand sets.

The WTA & WGC have worked very hard in providing an excellent target presentation during our state shoot. Our state association and the WGC together put on one of the finest shoots in the country. The size and target prsentation is one of the reasons that we draw the likes of Kay Ohye, Leo Harrison, Frank Hoppe, Ricky Marshall and Nora. Thanks

Rick

15. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

The only thing I will add is about DOUBLES. As a long time state shooter, the doubles at the state shoot can be horrible on the hand sets. The smart shooters will wait for the banks to be posted and then pull a squad assignment. Sorry just my two cents................Since I have been doing this I have less grey hair my blood pressure is lower and I have a few more trophies to boot.

GS

16. guncase

guncase TS Member

For better targets,, take the radar gun and golf cart away from Ray Martin!! let him work the trophy counter instead!

17. guncase

guncase TS Member

hey Rick,,, just why do we need "Kay Ohye, Leo Harrison, Frank Hoppe, Ricky Marshall and Nora" at our shoot? The only thing they do is take our option money!! Along with Harlan and Ross. I can't think of a reason they should be allowed to do that!

18. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

My opinion on poor doubles targets from handsets is that they are usually caused my the shooters themselves calling for the targets so damn fast that the setter is simply protecting his extremities by getting his hands out of the way.

What's the hurry? Last time I checked there wasn't a time clock in our sport.

Tim

19. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Yup I know it is the help for the most part, I did not realize that we are going back to the old way until after I posted and went to the WTA website. I like the old way...............

GS

20. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I guess I have to put my .02 worth in. X2 fan probably has it right concerning doubles. I shot at some of the worst doubles targets in my life last year at the WI state shoot. I followed Kay Ohye last year and would guess it has been a long time since Kay shot a 44.
    Nubs Wagner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.