1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Senators in Exile

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 1atatime, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

Who is going to pay for the hotel, food and drink bills for all those Wisconsin Senators in "self exile" in Illinois?

Do they expect to bill the state for per diem?

Is the Democratic party paying the bill?

Does anyone think the money comes out of their own pockets?

Just curious.

2. shelly

shelly TS Member

I think stu flyn should pick up the tab, but suspect that the taxpayers will end up getting the short end of the stick as always.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

shelly,

Voters normally get the $h!tty end of the stick.

Don Verna

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

We're still paying their salaries too!

And we paid all those teachers to call in sick.

That really hacks me off.

I would not put it past those cowards to turn in their expenses to us taxpayers.

SW

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't know about other districts, but:

Howard-Suamico School District
    Bylaws & Policies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4531 - UNAUTHORIZED WORK STOPPAGE

The District is obligated and committed to provide certain basic services to students residing in the School District under its jurisdiction and as contracted. Therefore, if the schools are open and students are in attendance, those basic services will be provided.

Recognizing the fact that a School System, for various reasons, could experience an unauthorized work stoppage, the District remains committed to providing educational and related services to the schools and will fulfill its obligations to operate the schools when possible.

Support staff members who fail to perform their normal duties when so required as part of a concerted unauthorized work stoppage will be subject to loss of pay and fringe benefits, including paid insurance coverage, as well as disciplinary measures in accordance with the laws of the State.

110.70(4)(l), Wis. Stats.

This district is right next door to me. The teachers persuaded the kids to skip out, to support them.

That in my view is contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I would love to be a DA in this county.

HM

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seeing as Illinois is the host, they should pick up the tab.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

All the Democrat Senators that left Wisconsin should stay in Chicago. They fit better there anyway. The teachers that called in sick should be fired. They were contracted for 180 days of the school year, which is less than half a year of work for a years pay. The school boards that let them go should be recalled. They are not doing their jobs. Thats what would have happens in the real world.

8. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Talked to a co-worker today that said something to the effect that only certain votes for particular policies... I believe tax related, require a quorom. They ought to wise up and start passing a bunch of conceal and carry legislation or some other conservative bills while those ninnies are out of state....

Seems to me that would teach them a lesson...

LL

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Now that the dems have found the massage parlors, they'll probably never come back. Talk about a legislative opportunity!!!!!

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

How long do they have to be AWOL before the Gov can appoint their replacements?

11. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I've been wondering how long the voters in the districts that these AWOL Wisconsin senators are from will tolerate this lack of representation before the recall petitions start circulating.

I'm also curious if this same aforementioned group has a Plan B for when they return to the state. This hiding out in another state is a short-term quick reaction to stall the legislative process.

Sooner or later these AWOL senators will have to return to Wisconsin, either to face a recall petition or a vote they don't want to take. I can't see how either scenario will be one they want to face, but ultimately they will have no choice.

Watch the chaos that ensues when these senators do ultimately return. Their return will not be a resignation of the fact that they must take a vote that they will lose, it will be to continue their fight against an election that they lost last November.

12. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

It's amazing How Dumb these Dumocrats are, First they follow Pelosi down the sewage pit with health care, and now you have some remanents of them left in WI, hiding in mob land refusing to preform there sworn duty, and whose paying Jesse, he doesn't "show" up for nothing.

13. shadow

shadow Active Member

On the immediate agenda of the Republican senate in Wis. is a bill to require a photo ID in order to vote. The Dims HATE this one!!!!! Maybe it will flush the Illinois toilet and let the turds float back to Wisc.

14. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

From the Badger Herald.....

Although the Legislative Fiscal Bureau said the provision in Walker’s bill that limits collective bargaining among state union membership is not a fiscal issue — which means Republicans could draft a bill focused only on limiting bargaining and pass it without the missing Democrats — Walker said collective bargaining rights are connected with the economy in important ways.

Although a Senate committee will be voting on the voter ID bill today, the Senate will not be taking up controversial bills like voter ID tomorrow, Welhouse said. He said there could be a vote on voter ID later this week.

The non-fiscal items scheduled to be heard include the appointment of Eloise Anderson to secretary of the Department of Children and Families, a bill relating to investment credits for dairy and livestock farms, and a resolution commending the Green Bay Packers on their fourth Super Bowl win, according to the Senate calendar.

The Assembly is scheduled to hear the budget repair bill today. Democratic representatives have been busy drafting amendments since last Friday when Majority Leader Jeff Fitzgerald, R-Horicon, decided to adjourn after Republicans failed to vote to put the budget repair bill in an unamendable stage.

15. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Recall petitions are all ready around Wisconsin. Remember "Elections have consequences."(Obama's words)

16. shelly

shelly TS Member

"Maybe it will flush the Illinois toilet and let the turds float back to Wisc." Shadow, that was a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.