1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Registered Shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rico46, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Gentlemen, lets keep it on the WI website. It's a WI issue and can only be resolved by us in WI. Thanks

Rick

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Living 300 miles from WGC keeps me ignorant of the politics between WGC and WTA for sure. However, WTA has built a war chest $$$ to purchase a home grounds some day "a dream". Instead, they should partner with the WGC - replace the handset traps and improve facilities. It isn't a perfect site but even with its shortcomings puts on a good state shoot. An investment in WGC makes more financial since to me than thinking they can build a Sparta and hold one event a year and make money. There is risk of course but at least the money will be spent with a partner who knows what it takes to run a gun club. The WTA should put my fees to work for shooters of WI today!

3. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

now it is on here what the heck goes i never seen so much crap
    going on and still nobody knows nothing all and nothing
    has been done yet if you don,t want to shoot at W G C please
    don,t go there leave the rest of us alone so we can have fun and shoot
    and see our pal,s to tell you the truth if i was on the board i would
    quickly retire and let all them cry babbies and p and moners set the
    next shoot as long as they are all willing to get on them at W G C and W T A
    maybe them people who know it all can do a better job,,but than i dought it very
    much ,,

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I think i have heard this scenario before. this is like a bad marriage. i am not taking sides, but i wish these negotiations would stay inhouse between the two factions involved. around 20 years ago, our daily fees were increased for a home ground fund. to date, i still do not see a home grounds for the WTA. I do not know how much longer shooters will have to pay for this home ground fund, or if this fee will become a permanet part of our entry. if the Waukesha gun does not want the state shoot, or if they feel they need more money to host this shoot, then a decision has to be made. i am sure the staff of the WTA are hard working people trying to get a home grounds, and want a great state shoot. on the other hand, the same could be said for the staff at the Waukesha gun club. I don't think this can go on like this, year after year. i just wish a decision would be made by both parties, and what ever decision made, is for the benefit of the shooters, the WTA and the Waukesha gun club.
    steve Balistreri

5. scott k

scott k TS Member

if the wta is interested, there is 1000 acer piece of land for sale around 30 miles south east of eau claire. has a river running through it. gravel road and no power for maybe 5 miles. surounding land is mostly county owned. seems like a good place to me.

scott kunz

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am from Virginia and know nothing about the details of the current negotiations. Many years ago I was involved is similar discussions between the VA Association and the Winchester Gun Club. After several years of turmoil, the problem was resolved, mostly directly by me (I am bragging). The resolution will remain as long as the Winchester Gun Club remains and the agreement was good for both sides.

I offer two suggestions. First, get the discussions off of this site. Getting a lot of well intended people who do not know all of the facts involved in the discussions will complicate the problem.

Second, look for a long term solution. One side might be better served by giving up a little for a year or two but be way ahead over the next 10 years.

Pat Ireland

7. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Pat what you say is true, except we have had the same problems for 30 years. It is possible that we lack someone on the WTA with your leadership qualities!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Flyboyerv

Flyboyerv TS Member

Maybe we need a third party arbitraitor. I vote for Pat Ireland!!!

9. maverick gun

maverick gun TS Member

Hey shooter glasses, Just maybe we lack those same leadership qualities on the WGC side also !!!!!!!!!

10. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Mr. M Gun............
    If you had seen the WTA's proprosal you would know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!I've been in business my whole life and never saw anything like that............
    I know for a fact the WGC would renew last years contract, WTA wants more money, lot's more, like twice as much as they got last year plus they want WTA to pay more of their bills........Sell that ice to the eskimos..
    Haven't they hear the attendence of trapshoots is going down!!!!!

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Washandwear, purchasing 20 Pat traps would cost around $140,000.00.

Not a good investment for machines used once or twice a year.

Rick, correct. Wasting bandwith here is not going to help matters. There are enough people who really give a darn in Wisconsin that I am not all that worried. Now, if they could all just push in the same direction......

HM

12. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Scott the 1,000 acres is big enough but our homegrounds will need power to run the traps, campsites and clubhouse etc. The problem of a river on the property is potentil runoff & flooding, higher water table, which can lead to excess water in the traphouses, land erosion and subsidence in the ground layers, which can effect any permanenet structures built on the land. My suggestion would be to email or call your director and bring it to their attention.

Good luck!

Rick

13. Trapper John2

Trapper John2 TS Member

Heard from someone today that with the increased cost that the state assoc wants for themselves the price of shooting will have to go up by over $3 per round just to cover there price increase. This person told me that last year the association got paid 15,000 from the club and now they want 23,500 plus they want the club to pay for all the registration and cashiering which would cost another 8,000.that would be a huge price increase of like 16,500.That would push the price over 30 per hundred.thats hard to take while times are pretty tough.Could someone tell me if these numbers are right

14. washandwear

washandwear Member

Halfmile

I know purchasing 20 Pat Traps would be $140,000. The WTA must be preparted to spend this since they are shopping for a home grounds. Why not spend it now and if a home grounds happens they can move them.

15. halfmile

I don't get it. For years automatic traps were hated, reviled and spat upon. The mantra was "Hand sets throw a better target, you have to have them for a registered shoot."

Suddenly hand sets are not as good as Pat traps. Well, times change.

The houses on the West end used to be empty and machines were rented come time for the 5 man and the State Shoot. I am not sure, but I think there was a vendor who took machines around the Midwest for events.

I know this was how they did the Winter Chain in Arizona, same guy was at all the shoots.

It just does not make economic sense to put a bunch of money into holes in the ground to use once or twice a year.

I would like for somone in the know to elaborate on the machine supplier if possible.

HM

16. bloodshed

bloodshed TS Member

HM,
    I think it would be nice if a trap shooter not a skeeter replied to these threads related to the WTA and WGC

17. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

WHY DON,T YOU ALL TAKE THIS THREAD SOME PLACE ELSE SO SICK OF THIS TELL YA WHAT THERE WILL NEVER BE A HOME GROUNDS I THINK WHAT SCHOULD HAPPEN IS THE W T A AND W G C SELL EVERYTHING AND JOINHANDS AND BUY SOMETHING CLOSE TO TO WHERE WE SHOOT NOW AND THAN ALL WILL BE HAPPY BUT THERE IS NO WAY CAN W T A AFFORD A HOME GROUNDS UNLESS THEY WIN THE LOTTO EITHER TEAM UP OR END THIS DREAM WELL IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME NOW AND NOT A SPOON OF DIRT MOVED YET IT WILL NOT HAPPEN WE ALL HAVE TO GET A LONG SO WORK ON THAT FIRST AND I THINK SOME GOOD WILL COME OUT OF IT I HOPE,,,,p.s I THINK IT IS TO THE BETTER TO KEEP THIS ON W.T,A WEBSITE,,the folks who work hard don,t need this give them a break and support your w,t,a thanks,,

18. halfmile

Hey, bloodshed, what's your ATA number? Mine is 830XXX. That means I have been shooting ATA targets for 25 years.

I have attended the Wisconsin State shoot at least 21 times out of that 25 years.

I also ran the 5 man at our home club when we reported by fax. I don't know what your credentials are but your remark showed a lack of class, not to mention a lack of knowledge.

I will withhold the caustic remarks for the sake of civility.

HM

19. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

hey kneecricket so now i got your att did that long stinking cigar get smoke in your eye,s again all you do flop flop and flop and also i will yell all i want that is the only thing to do well whan the smoke clears from your eye,s and the smell leaves i come see you but than you will be seeing me soon and thanks again for picking on me and now that way you got no one eles to pick on so see you soon now also you just lost other and your last pal now you are all alone in the city have a good day XXX--FRIEND,,,

20. bloodshed

bloodshed TS Member

Augie.
    you are F.O.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.