1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin is open for business

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Donm, May 21, 2013.

1. Donm

Donm Active Member

The BOD of the Wisconsin Trapshooters Assoc. is happy to announce that we have over come some major hurdles and that the 2013 Wisconsin State Championships will be held in Rome Wisconsin at the New Homegrounds. We maybe a little ruff around the edges but we will run a fine shoot. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Yes that was a pun. We will have more information to follow. But please plan to attend our inaugural shoot July 16th thru the 21st. For more information watch our blog at witrapshooters.com or contact me. I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions that I can. My contact information is on our web site. Or PM me on this site. Thank you for your patients and see you in July. When you get here look me up.

Don Mittag
    WTA Director SE Zone

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Haaaaaallelujah, Haaaaaallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Halleeeeeluuuuujahhhhhh!

3. Mr.Saris

Mr.Saris Member

That's GREAT news Don!! Thanks for the update. John Saris

4. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Don, I never had any doubt that you would succeed. The Lead Miner reserved a vendor spot very early on with your State and I look forward to being at your state shoot selling the very best polished reclaimed lead shot you can find. For those of you that would prefer that the Lead Miners Wife comes instead well your in luck as she will be there doing custom molded Ear plugs and Embroidery. See you then.

Terry and Nancy vonSeggern
    The Lead Miner/
    Ear Gems

5. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Outstanding Don! that's great news for all involved.

Thanks, Rick

6. illusion

illusion TS Member

7. juniorshooter

juniorshooter TS Member

Thank you for the update, Don. You all have worked very hard to make this a reality. Matt Schneider

8. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

“Horse is in da barn” and “cat’s outa da bag”

See it for yourself – WITRAPSHOOTERS.com, Information / Blog

Happy days are here again!!!!!!

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

The work isn't over yet but atleast I might be able to get some sleep and cut back on my drug and alcohol abuse. We have alot hours of meetings in Rome with the wonderful people up there. They are going out of there way to insure we get the long term financing we need and at a favorable rate. I sometimes pinch myself after being in a meeting with these people. You just can't believe how much they have done for us and how much they want us there.

Please check out our blog on www.witrapshooters.com for more information.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems quieter anyway. Hopefully it is time to get down to thinking about shooting, and having a good time with what is there, when the time comes. Time to move forward. Time to lead it go people.

11. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Congratulations to the WTA BOD! Thank you for all the endless, thankless effort you have put into this project. Thank you to the members who put up their own personal money also. I am man enough to admit I was a naysayer who has now happily been proven wrong! Looking forward to shooting at the new facility, with all PAT's, straight level fields, and no worries about turning the air on in the camper!! Steve

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Good for Wisconsin shooters. I hope you have good weather and lots of shooters at your State Shoot.

Too bad you couldn't have harnessed the negativity into some work around the home grounds, you would have been done and ready by now.

13. Nutso

Nutso Member

Very good news, thanks WTA Board, and members who have stepped up- Big time!!!!!

14. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

Congratulations. Looking forward to further progress updates.

DB

15. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Congratulations, as you all deserve it.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

16. Russ25Trap

Russ25Trap TS Member

Thank you so much to all who DO! I too will try to be a DOER!

To all those who observed the family squabble of late, please forgive the passion of those who supported AND those who doubted. Please know that Wisconsin trapshooters are one big family. Sometimes, families fight a little. We hope to welcome you to the family!

Russ Slaby

17. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Congratulations to all the shooters in Wisconsin. Be patient the BOD is getting this done. Rough or not, lets just be happy its going to happen! Don, no ned for drugs or alcohol..just continue to focus and shoot well! Penalized or not I may be home at that time and hopefully shoot at least one event. Best to all in shooting.

Rick Brohmer

18. RedScare

RedScare Member

I will be attending! Great news!

19. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Nothing makes you more productive than waiting to the last min,
    It's time to enjoy the the moment and wonder why the shoot was almost canceled, but thanks to the shooters that stepped in and saved this project with their own money. My hope is that all turns out well and the shooters attending the shoot enjoy their experience,..............Tom

20. Donm

Donm Active Member