1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WISCONSIN HOMEGROUNDS PAGE 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Longer ride.

HM

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I'll post my comment here too.

Something about a water ski tournament on the regular state shoot date has taken ALL the motel rooms, so the date change is being looked at.

3. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I for one hope the BOD gets the date for the state shoot set SOON! I am a supporter of the new grounds, but i am getting the feeling that we will be lucky to have 15 traps to shoot on come next year. Camping probably wont be done, clubhouse maybe?? With NO business plan in place right now, its seems unlikely things will get built by june 2013. I am willing to donate time and money to this project, but like alot of people, i need to see what my money and labor is going towards. My squad mates and couple friends are more than willing to spend time helping out, but without a good solid plan and direction, we, and im sure others, are very leery of wasting our time and money on something that may not happen. Steve Wolf

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

Steve call me some time. The plan is to have the traps,(around 24) the campgrounds, and not the building. We can get by without it for the first year. We have someone delivering the houses, a crain to unload and set them and someone to dig the holes. All free. Why wouldn't we have more than 15 traps? These are our priorities.

I don't know what the question was for the first couple of posts buy Halfmile, longer drive for whom. Not for the people in the northern 2/3's of the state.

5. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

A business plan is a living breathing document, it changes on a regular basis, sometimes even daily. The overall plan was to have a homegrounds and training facility with 30 traps, now it has been downsized a bit. Funds have a huge impact on the business plan. It is nothing more than a guess as to what the future holds as you build the framework for your project. There are no guarantess just because a plan is on paper.

Quite clearly, your donations will go specifically to the construction of the homegrounds. If you want your donation earmarked specifically for a certain item or area I am sure the directors would do everything possible to see that it happens.

I believe at the annual meeting the president spoke of an equity loan on the property only, that would guaranty your donation is returned should the plan not come to fruition. Our club just donated some money, was it a blind donation? I don't think so, we see the big picture and know our donation will help.

The biggest question is how will the homegrounds sustain itself. Based on research done by the BOD, it appears the need for a campground is substantial enough in the area, that the campgrounds would generate enough income to provide sustainability. Therefore, above and beyond the trapline itself, that is where the focus should be. Sales of the campground lots have been robust, and show every indication they will provide the income we are looking for. Again, it is a best guess as what the future holds.

We have great people in place, doing great things for great members. Our trust should be placed in them, not blindly but confidently, as they have the best interest of the WTA members, and shooters throughout the Midwest.

Knowing your donation is backed by equity in the property should put your mind at rest to the point where you are comfortable making a donation of time and money. The more help we get the smoother the ride will be.

6. Donm

Donm Active Member

Thanks forever. Extremly well said.

7. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Don, thanks for posting the dates of the 2013 State Shoot. I got online and have a room booked in stevens point. Steve

8. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I totally confused by 4forevers statement,any donation would be completely lost if the home grounds doesn't make it. I hoping that is does not happen because of the negative affect it would have on trapshooting in the state. It made no sense to leave Waukesha until we had enough money and the right plans in place. The members voted to move to a location with a completed club house, 30 traps, and camping. The one time sale of camp sites will never bring in enough money to support the home ground, the board has an idea to rent the camp sites to cover the cost of operation I hope that works out. Since there is no business plan in place, I don't think a lot of thought has really been put into the camp sites idea or the cost of the home grounds. We are going into this project short of money which is a very poor business move and no solid plan, what that means is that someone coming to Wisconsin to shoot will compare our tent and 18 traps to Iowa, or Ill or Ohio's state shoot. I don't think we can expect a lot of shooters from other states to come to our state shoot if our grounds aren't complete. Since the promise of 30 traps, 200 camp sites and a New club house isn't being fulfilled! without some major cash coming in. I'm sure Don M. will send me another private text mail, calling me names, telling me I'm stupid, but in truth I've been right. If we show up next year to the home grounds and they are only half built the number of shooter will really take a dump! It will may take years to rebuild the shooters lost, if they ever do come back. If the home grounds are not complete after first year, then where will they be completed next year? Will they ever get completed?

9. fly

fly Active Member

I have not read all the posts regarding the move for 2013. Is there still a possibility they will host in Milwaukee one more year if the schedule continues to slide for the new location?

10. Nutso

Nutso Member

So this thread has started up again.

Yawn

11. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

We were told at the state shoot meeting, that if need be we will put up a tent and have 20ish traps, but the 2013 state shoot WILL be in Rome. Wether or not this comes to pass....who knows. Talking to people who are in business and finance, they tell me it may be too late to write a business now and still have it built on time. I AM NOT a homegrounds basher...i want it to be built and be successful. However, i was told it takes 4 weeks to write a plan of this size. then who knows how long to actually get the bids, financing, etc. It seems to me a long shot at best, i am willing to help, but we NEED a written plan first, not just a vague timeline.

12. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

They have already started the construction so lets see how it goes. They have chose not to negotiate with Waukesha Gun Club to host another state shoot. So come hell or highwater that have to get it done sometime by midJune! For the sake of the WI Trapshooters, I hope they can get it done.

13. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

We were told that we would have monthly up dates!!!!!!!!!!
    I checked the WTA site, the last up date is now over two months old!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So much for monthly up dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

NOT TRUE TOM HOPPE >>> aka SHOOTER GLASSES !!!!

Go to the WTA Discussion Forum. You will see multiple thread postings and updates all less than a week old. Don posted a really long but imformativer posting with lots of updates.

For the WTA Discussion Forum, you don't need to be registered to view the threads only to respond. If you wish to register for the forum follow the directions however you must use your real name for approval - no aliasis allowed.

Tom - have the facts right please before you throw the arrow !!!

15. Donm

Donm Active Member

Thanks Brad.

16. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Brad:
    So the section marked Home Ground Updates is not where I should looking for home gound updates. I should be looking in the discussion formum!

I have looked at the Discussion forum and I see no section labled home gound updates.

I may be wrong but wouldn't make more sense to put Home Ground Updates under Home ground up dates or have a Discussion formum Labled Home Ground Updates and post it under that. I hate to read the discussion, in general because of everyone getting attacked by Don M.or someone else, talked to Dick this weekend his comment were a joke Brad Patternson, you didn't have to attact him...........with your statement!!!!!!!!!!
    On the WTA web site

Why not just make things simple and easy........................Tom

17. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

The new "WTA Information Director" felt it was important to get the information out there to the membership and used the discussion forum as the means to do so. It also has generated some positive feedback. However and Wherever they choose to post the information is fine and acceptable, the key being as they are getting the information out to the membership.

My suggestion would be to look at the forum regularly as Don has promised to update as it becomes available. Just because you look doesn't mean you have to post.

18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

So, what are the dates of the state shoot?

19. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

The dates are July 17 to 22nd, you should book your rooms well in advance so you don't have to drive 40 to 50 mins. based on what they are telling us there could be a shortage of rooms because of some kind of water skiing event going on in the area. Since this is the first year no one really knows just what will happen.

20. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

BIG DEAL some of us had to drive farther than that for YEARS, quit your crying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.