1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin home grounds

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEone, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEone

GoldEone TS Member

Was at the new home grounds saturday. Nice to see work moving ahead. Seven pads poured eighth framed. The next 22 are all layed out. Grounds being moved. Things are happening. Looking better every day.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

From the WTA Facebook page yesterday.... Something is happening!

Perhaps we'll get a report from Don on yesterday's board meeting to boot!

SW

[​IMG]

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Keep the pictures coming. Myself and three buddies all have spots for our RV's reserved for the 2013 shoot. It will be the first time any of us have been to the Wisconsin state shoot. Two of us are from Minnesota and two from Illinois. As long as the Packer fans don't pick on us to bad, we are ready to make next years shoot the first of many we come to.

Looks good, Mark Zauhar

4. thunder

thunder Active Member

Thanks very much for the great pictures.

5. illusion

illusion TS Member

Glad to hear the dog pound has reserved there spots for the 2013 Wis State Shoot, I'll have to reserved a spot to because I want to shoot with the Dog squad, I'll be vicious Dog if that's OK with pride. Woof-Woof

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Gay Pride Engineer is coming to Wisconsin?? Lordy. There goes the neighborhood.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Mark,

We're very glad top hear that you are coming to our Shoot next year! Be sure that you will enjoy it!

Tim

8. 33 Willys

33 Willys Member

It's great to see some up to date pics. Just having someone say " the stumps are removed", " grading is complete" or the "walks are being poured". Doesn't give me a warm feeling without seeing what it actually looks like.

It seems like a lot of you have stopped at the grounds. If you have taken any pics and don't know how to post them, I'm sure that someone here on TS can post them for you. We need to see more pictures, it's a great attitude adjuster.

Thanks, Willy

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

There are and will be more pictures on the Wisconsin web site. I gave several to Sarah yesterday. I will post more and some info about the BOD meeting yesterday on our site soon. It will not be on this forum. I am up in the north wood and will be for the next couple of months. So information will be posted when I can. I have limited internet access.

Three dogs. If you get to Akron ave. and Hwy 13 turn west and you are there. About 1 mile north of Rome. We do have a address now but I'm not sure what it is right now.

Mark glade we got you settled with a few spots. They are going fast. So bring a few more friends and we'll try to set them up too. Talked to Bill yesterday and he said he had all four of you together. Next to the Spa. Seriously glade you guys are coming.

10. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Homegrounds Address is 1312 Akron Drive. Akron Avenue is the north border of the property, Akron Drive is the south border, and that is where all the action is....you will be pleased with what you see....!

11. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Great picture..keep them coming!

Rick

12. illusion

illusion TS Member

Can A.T.A. members join your site or is it for Wi shooters only? also how long will the site be under construction before its up and running? and no question will be shown or answer unless there in good taste and approved first? whats up with all that censorship? So if you want to ask question and see other peoples remarks it will have to be done on this site!

13. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

To pose a question to the Wisconsin Trapshooters Association all you have to do is enter your contact information, email, name, address, phone. There is an area below the contact info to enter your question. Don forwards the question to the most appropriate party for a response. I think they talked about providing a response to inquiries within 7 days...don't quote me on that though.

At the BOD meeting they talked about adding webpages to advertise items for sale, another page for clubs to advertise shoots and special events. The construction will probably be ongoing as they continue to receive suggestions from shooters.

14. illusion

illusion TS Member

Will response be Open to view or E-mailed to the appropriate party with there response.

15. jettski25

jettski25 Member

Just read an update from DonM on WI Site. Said they are looking for a tourn director.. Why not keep the guy they had for last several years at WGC. THe last several state shoots have been real good, why change now with so much other change taking place ????

16. riggy

riggy TS Member

Jetski, did you ever think maybe he doesn't want the job.

17. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

jettski,

Brad lives in the Milwaukee area and would not have the time, (Nor does he want the job!) to get a shoot that's 2 plus hours from his house set up.

The person that does that has to live in the area to make contact with those that will be hired for help during the shoot. (area groups: high schools, church groups, scouts, etc.) He/she would also have to do all the work to get trash pick-ups, food, and all the other little details required to run a shoot of this size and make it run smoothly.

I live to far away to take the task on too but would find it an interesting challenge. I have put on bigger shoots at my club and when everything goes well, it is rewarding.

Tim

18. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

I nominate Glen Grabski. He lives in that area. He knows local businesses and schools. He served on the board and knows how a state shoot should run.

Rick

19. jettski25

jettski25 Member

Ponytail -

As you have stated you are in the land of rice and your memory must be lacking as well during your vacation. Grabski was hired by the WTA and didn't make it thru a weekend at the state shoot. Like DonM from time to time, grabski tends to show his color as well. Next you'll suggest gries, ask the wgc how that went.

20. jettski25

jettski25 Member

Pictures look great BUT ....... How can you even begin to pour concrete without a business plan ? (Or even do anything that has cost attached to it )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.